Which would you choose???????

PDA

IMTHDUKE
October 27, 2011, 11:33 PM
I need to get ....no.... want to get a new pistola. Been looking at two....not for any particular use, but just to range and maybe car gun at times.

Which would you rather pick up...not considering the price difference.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which would you choose???????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
redraidermgr
October 28, 2011, 03:25 AM
I voted for the high power but that is because I am interested in it too. I do like the CZ as well but I am currently more interested in the classic look and design of the HP. When it comes down to it the choice is yours and yours alone. Buy what you think will be the best shooter for you. You can always save up and buy the other choice and add it to your collection later.

Good luck on a tough decision and good shooting no matter which you choose.

JTQ
October 28, 2011, 11:11 AM
I don't think you can go wrong with either. I'd pick the one that feels better to you. I'd probably pick the Hi-Power. The Hi-Power fits me better than CZ's.

An additional point in this instance though, CZ doesn't really seem right as a duo tone. To me at least.

beatledog7
October 28, 2011, 01:08 PM
The Browning. I already have a CZ 75.

MedWheeler
October 28, 2011, 01:40 PM
I voted with the CZ only because I prefer a gun with a DA trigger-option. I like guns that, for me, also work well as fighting guns, and I am not versed well in SA-only models, nor have I yet developed the desire to become so versed.

2zulu1
October 28, 2011, 05:50 PM
I bought the 75th Anniversary HP and like it a lot, very nice bluing and it feels nice in the hand.

Moptop
October 28, 2011, 07:02 PM
There is no better 9mm pistol than the Browning Hi-Power! IMHO

1SOW
October 28, 2011, 08:33 PM
There is no better 9mm pistol than the Browning Hi-Power! IMHO

, "There is no better motorcycle than Harley Davidson!

I like the Browning, and I like the Harley; but I wouldn't compete with the Browning or race motocross with the Harley.

For the intended uses, both pistols will work. The actions may make the difference for the shooter.

genstab
October 28, 2011, 08:57 PM
You could try a FN HP-DA. It's not a Hi-Power but FN Herstal made them. I have two and consider them very well made quality guns, a pleasure to shoot. The only problem is that they take the same 15 round mags as the Browning BDM or special 10 round mags; regular Hi-Power mags won't fit. I also have two Compact HP-DAs (one the rare DAO) and theyare great for concealed carry with special to that model 10 round staggered mags. There are two or three for sale on various gun websites now (the full size ones- Compacts for sale are VERY scarce and I don't think there are any currently offered); if anyone's interested I can send you the threads.

Best regards,
Bill in Cleveland

johnnydollar
October 28, 2011, 09:07 PM
I like the Hi Power. I had the CZ and sold it. Still have 6 Hi Powers. Nuff said.
JD

Lucky Derby
October 28, 2011, 10:58 PM
I voted Hi-Power, but really there is no bad choice here. Decide whether you want a DA or SA, or decide which fits your hand better.

Moptop
October 29, 2011, 01:48 PM
1SOW, yes, you have a valid point! Indented use has a lot to do with the choice of the tool. BTW, I like HD's.... and Gretsch's (guitar) too.

chicharrones
October 29, 2011, 10:32 PM
Nuff said.
JD

Because you don't like DA triggers? :confused:

Get R Done Guns
October 30, 2011, 03:34 PM
Well as far as investment goes, the Hi-power will probably hold its value better in the end of the day. It is a limited edition and in 20 years from now you will definitely have it be worth more than the CZ75. Both are great guns but the browning is the original and it's a limited edition. JM .02

Mr. T
October 30, 2011, 03:41 PM
Personally I would choose a Springfield XD-M and probably go with the .40 or .45 versus the 9mm, but that's just me. My true preference would be the .45 ACP. When you hit something with it, it just plain goes down. Even if you hit someone in the arm or leg, the target goes down. It's just a pure and simple "man stopper" round. The 9mm has a tendency to over penetrate, because it's moving at a greater velocity. The slow moving .45 ACP tends to do more tearing of tissue because it's moving at a slower velocity. JMHO.

NG VI
October 30, 2011, 04:36 PM
The slow moving .45 ACP tends to do more tearing of tissue because it's moving at a slower velocity. JMHO.

Then why not just carry a pocketful of golf balls and wing those at the guy?

The best anti-personnel service caliber bullets are JHPs that exhibit mediocre penetration and good expansion, regardless of what caliber they were fired from. All service caliber FMJ ammunition will penetrate somewhere in the neighborhood of 24-26", though heavy bone will affect that, and all the current duty/protection designed JHP bullets are purposefully designed to penetrate an average of 12-14", except the XTP which by way of lesser expansion than other bullets typically penetrates within an inch or so of 16".

High speed typically reduces penetration by way of making expansion easier and more dramatic, which increases drag and reduces sectional density, which act to slow the bullet much faster than a comparable bullet (weight, diameter, and velocity) that didn't expand at all. Also, in a given caliber, going with a lighter bullet generally gives you more velocity, at the cost of sectional density and momentum. Lower momentum almost invariably results in lower penetration.

There's a lot that affects how much a given bullet will penetrate and how much destruction it will cause when it's propelled into a living body, and it's far more complex than "9mm is faster so it overpenetrates" or ".45ACP is a guaranteed manstopper" and especially "9mm may expand but .45 never shrinks". That last one gets me, it's a ridiculous statement given that a typical 9mm JHP of today will generally expand to a diameter greater than .60", all the way up to .75-.77". The difference between that and an unexpanded .45 is much, much greater than the difference between nonexpanding bullets in 9mm and .45.

And today's bullets tend to be very reliable at expanding in tissue. Bullets can do weird, unpredictable things from time to time, but today's service caliber JHPs are very reliable expanders. They generally do work the way they were designed to.

And there are lots of reasons for picking a certain gun over another, besides pure terminal ballistics.

Jonah71
October 31, 2011, 05:30 PM
Happy to say that as of this week I don't have to struggle with this decision. But this REALLY will be my last gun buy/trade for a long time. I mean it this time! Looking forward to comparing the SP-01 Phantom, 75B, and BHP this weekend. It will be nice to just take along one caliber for a change. No matter which gun I'm firing, I'll never again be any more than a less than average shooter. But I can still enjoy it.

txgunsuscg
October 31, 2011, 05:44 PM
For collecting, the BHP. For shooting or carrying, the 75 Compact. I voted 75 because I don't have many collectibles.....

Moptop
October 31, 2011, 08:19 PM
I'm guessing the guy who says " I carry a cannon!" has never heard about

SHOT PLACEMENT!!

Dr_2_B
October 31, 2011, 08:58 PM
If you hadn't said it was a duotone it would have been a tougher call for me. I just don't like duotone pistols.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which would you choose???????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!