On the hunt

PDA

browncoatdawn
October 28, 2011, 12:24 AM
I just recieved a near new LCP in trade for some surplus ammo I had. I also bought an SP-101 in 327 magnum, which should be here by next week. I am thinking this will be good to carry for now.

I have been eyeballing, and fondling 2 S&W revolvers recently. the XFR 460 and 500 models. I have a 7.5 inch SRH in 44 mag, which is very pleasant to shoot even with stout loads, at least after I put the Hogue grip on it. At least I think it is, it makes some hands tingle now and then.

So, if I do this, it will be the 8 3/8 barrel, since I won't be packing it, but may take it to Texas to hunt some hog, not that I need that much artillery.

I figure if I don't go for one of these, I may go find myself an M1 carbine, and an SMLE, just hard to find one of them locally lol.

So I am wondering if anyone has anything to say about these, good or bad, recent experiences, or whatnot. I have read many reviews, but nothing recent. I don't trust gun rag reviews, only use them for an impression of whats what. The prices are $979 for the 460, and $1102 for the 500 for the lowest prices new, locally speaking.

If you enjoyed reading about "On the hunt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "On the hunt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!