1911-pattern .22lr pistols

PDA

Shmackey
October 30, 2011, 11:50 PM
Are any of these much better than the others? Or are they pretty much alike? If the latter, I am leaning toward a cheap receiver (RIA) and a Marvel top end.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911-pattern .22lr pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Furncliff
October 31, 2011, 12:42 AM
I've seen this topic discussed in the rim fire section of Calguns.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php

I'm interested in this myself and have been waiting for RIA to put their pistol on sale. The 1911-22's I have handled so far were supposed to be reliable, but they felt too light.

I have a cz75b with a Kadet conversion and I like it a bunch. The quality 1911 conversions are a bit spendy.

cyclopsshooter
October 31, 2011, 12:52 AM
the kimber conversion (modified ceiner) is good. so is the fully built ati.

tuj
October 31, 2011, 08:40 AM
Marvel with a 1911 frame is the way to go for accuracy. The others are good, but not as accurate.

Angel Eyes
October 31, 2011, 10:47 AM
After 12 hrs of research on the net, I am convinced the Umerex Colt 1911 22 is far superior to that of GSG, SIG, Chiappi or Kimber if you also consider the price. The 3 models have an avg price of 400. Milled Al alloy slide and steel alloy frame, all steel internals. Stainless steel magazine, rubber Hogue type grip. Since it is made by Walther under strict license by Colt, I believe they have gotten it right in regard to fit, finish, functionn longivity, and interchangable parts with a real 1911. Also, a real 45cal made by the same Walther factory is only 60 more and same virtual weight. I am getting one before xmas while they are readily available in all 3 models

2wheels
October 31, 2011, 11:24 AM
I don't know which is the "best"... I know I like my GSG 1911-22 even though it's finicky with cheap ammo (not a big deal to me). It's a little lighter than my full sized 1911 and the grip safety is a little stiff but otherwise it feels and handles like a 1911 should.

Say no to the Chiappa, just doesn't feel like a 1911 to me.

doubleh
October 31, 2011, 03:21 PM
I finally bought a Chiappa quite sometime ago as the GSG just wasn't available in my area. I've seen a lot of poor mouthing about them on the internet but from the results with mine I think it's mostly hot air. It won't feed Remington golden bullet ammo reliably but put anything else in it and it's just bang,bang,bang. It is a little lighter in weight than the centerfire 1911s. It does not have a grip safety, just a cast-in riser in the grip to simulate the safety. Personally I never notice the grip safety on any 1911. The trigger was kind of heavy at first but has lightened up quite a bit. I had it out Saturday as a matter of fact and put quite a few rounds thru it just plinking. The owner's manual tells you to allow 200 rounds for break in. Mine was closer to 250 but it runs good now.

I would like to find one of the Umarex built Colts that is out now. None of the shops here have them yet.

KodiakBeer
October 31, 2011, 03:58 PM
Both the Ruger 22/45 and the Browning Buckmark are patterned 1911 style, as far as the grip angle and controls go.

wally
October 31, 2011, 04:25 PM
Say no to the Chiappa

+1 Only reason to buy one is if you want to practice clearing stovepipes. Three in 70 rounds is a good day. Don't matter what ammo I use.

Sent it back to them for Warranty repair (I had to pay shipping) and it came back if anything worse. Trigger is not even close to a 1911 either. By far my worst gun purchase ever. I can't forgive failing to fix it when returned and then blowing me off afterwards.

As to the GSG or the Umerex or SIG 1911-22 IMHO you are better off with your 1911 ands Marvel conversion kit for the price.

2wheels
November 1, 2011, 11:06 AM
+1 Only reason to buy one is if you want to practice clearing stovepipes. Three in 70 rounds is a good day. Don't matter what ammo I use.

Sent it back to them for Warranty repair (I had to pay shipping) and it came back if anything worse. Trigger is not even close to a 1911 either. By far my worst gun purchase ever. I can't forgive failing to fix it when returned and then blowing me off afterwards.

As to the GSG or the Umerex or SIG 1911-22 IMHO you are better off with your 1911 ands Marvel conversion kit for the price.
I figured I could have an entire gun rather than just a conversion kit, and I'm pretty happy with the GSG so far.

ArtU
November 14, 2011, 11:49 AM
I got a GSG 1911-22 in spring. Shot it ok, but had to upgrade it will all the springs and front bushing as the others were recalled. Still it does not lock the slide back correctly on empty, and the finish is worn off the bottom of the front of the slide already.

I got a Colt Gold CUP Friday and shot it Sunday. Seems to feel better quality and shot and locked back A-OK. I will shoot it more and report on any issues I come across. So far it is better "to me" than the GSG for about $80-90 more.

Sky
November 14, 2011, 01:49 PM
I do like the accuracy of my GSG 1911; easy to hit stuff with the cheap sights and all. I only have less than 1000 rounds through mine and did take a Golf club cleaning brass brush to the frame and slide to help with the slide smoothness....but I like I said it seems to be pleasingly accurate with federal bulk ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911-pattern .22lr pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!