OC a Hi-Point 45?

PDA

Blue Brick
October 31, 2011, 07:54 PM
Anyone open carry a Hi-Point 45 as every day carry? What holster do you use?

If you enjoyed reading about "OC a Hi-Point 45?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Moptop
October 31, 2011, 09:10 PM
My son-in-law has a Hi-Point 45 and he just bought a holster to fix a standard size 1911 pistol. It was a little snug at first but after it stretched a bit it fits just fine. There is nothing wrong with Hi-Point pistols or carbines. They are very reliable and accurate. My son-in-laws .45 shoots great!

Moptop
October 31, 2011, 09:59 PM
Okay gentlemen, the man asked a valid and honest question here. I don't think it's fair to berate his choice of handgun.

TexasRifleman
October 31, 2011, 10:44 PM
Answer the question in a high road fashion or find another thread please.

Some posts are missing.... for a good reason.

Blue Brick
October 31, 2011, 10:54 PM
Some posts are missing.... for a good reason.

Wow. I just now logged back in, guess I missed everything.

jmstevens2
October 31, 2011, 10:59 PM
I played around with mine to see if it was even possible. The safety was knocked into the fire position every time I checked it. I abandoned that idea. Works as a truck gun though

TexasRifleman
October 31, 2011, 11:07 PM
Wow. I just now logged back in, guess I missed everything.

Some people have strong opinions on HiPoint, we'll just say that :)

David E
October 31, 2011, 11:45 PM
You folks that carry HP's, do you carry them chamber loaded?

northark147
November 1, 2011, 10:53 AM
Points.... Giggles... And not because I have a problem with highpoint, but Its hard for me to call a gun ugly but they certainly are.

Now to actually contribute to your ketchun. I carry my HP 40 (Pretty sure its the same size as the .45) in a Uncle Mikes Sidekick size 5 when I take it to the range. Works pretty well.

Dnaltrop
November 1, 2011, 06:13 PM
Well, at least with that massive slide, getting a grip in a panic situation would be easier if you ride with the pipe clear...;)

Happy to defend them, they aren't Jiminez. their warranty seems to be one of the better ones for what it's worth.

Wouldn't choose to die at the teeth of a pack of ravenous hyena-chihuahua hybrids rather than defend myself with a Hi-point.

My old man refuses to test their warranty on his 9mm Carbine with the over-stressed frame, he likes the old style and is afraid they'll just send him a brand new one!! :D Still an impressive little shooter, nothing like the handguns.

Blue Brick
November 1, 2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks.

hAkron
November 1, 2011, 11:13 PM
Some of the bigger HK pistols might be similarly sized. Maybe a holster made for one of them might fit?

mgmorden
November 2, 2011, 12:40 AM
Fobus makes a holster listed to specifically fit the HP .45. They're not my first choice in kydex holsters (honestly if you can find one for your gun even the Uncle Mike's are better IMHO and they're a bit cheaper), but I have had a few of them and they do work alright. Given the limited holster choices for Hi Points that might be your best option.

jmstevens2
November 2, 2011, 01:36 AM
Call beemiller and tell Them what you have and want. They still have the old stocks.

makarovnik
November 2, 2011, 06:22 AM
I use a holster for a H&K USP and it fits nicely. I carry mine safety off, chamber empty.

David E
November 2, 2011, 02:19 PM
Fobus is not kydex!!

USAF_Vet
November 2, 2011, 04:11 PM
I've OCd mine in a blackhawk #5 nylon el-cheapo from walmart. It was a bit snug at first, but it fits okay now. Don't carry it much anymore, prefer the S&W 469.

Never had any issues with the safety getting jostled.

I don't carry one in the chamber with the Hi Point, but I don't see why I couldn't, but I do with the Smith.

jahwarrior
November 2, 2011, 08:06 PM
a friend of mine carries one in a Fobus holster; i believe they make a holster sepcifically for the .45ACP Hi Point.

DanTheFarmer
November 2, 2011, 08:42 PM
I'd use an old fashioned holster with a big leather flap over the top so you can't see how ugly the pistol is!! Just some good natured teasing there. Beauty is as beauty does and I hear a lot of good things about the functionality of Hi-Points.

Best of Luck and I'm certainly enjoying my Hi-Point Carbine and my Bersa handguns so no Top Shelf Liquor for me!

Dan

chris in va
November 2, 2011, 11:25 PM
I *highly* recommend you keep the HiPoint lubed, and well. Speaking from experience here.

Blue Brick
November 3, 2011, 07:25 PM
I *highly* recommend you keep the HiPoint lubed, and well. Speaking from experience here.

Why?

jmstevens2
November 4, 2011, 02:26 AM
Carbines yes, pistols, not a big deal here.

Blue Brick
August 29, 2013, 02:45 AM
http://www.fobusholster.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=hpp

HPP Hi Point 45, PADDLE HOLSTER

HPP RUGER SR45/ P93/ P94/ P95/ P97/ RU97 - PADDLE HOLSTER

Unless I am reading this wrong, looks like Fobus sells a holster pattern that fits both Rugers and Hi Points.:scrutiny:

Blue Brick
August 29, 2013, 03:03 AM
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/7-HPP

Pic is of a HP in the holster.

ku4hx
August 29, 2013, 07:53 AM
Given my belief concerning the general public's lack of gun knowledge, I'd think the "intimidation factor" for a HP in open carry would be quite high. Something similar to Han Solo's blaster or my Ruger SRH in open carry. If you're going to carry exposed ... may as well be big a one.

Dean1818
August 29, 2013, 07:56 AM
They are a bit big for EDC, but the ones I shot were

100 reliable
Very accurate

Blue Brick
August 29, 2013, 04:38 PM
Something similar to Han Solo's blaster or my Ruger SRH in open carry.

:D :D

If you enjoyed reading about "OC a Hi-Point 45?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!