Ruger Replies About the SR1911!

PDA

*NOVA*
November 2, 2011, 02:48 PM
Within two days of sending Ruger a message from their website, I got the following reply from Mike Fifer, the Chief Executive Officer of Sturm, Ruger:

Dear Mr. (name deleted),

A 1911 of our high quality is a difficult firearm to build, and in spite of considerable capital spending on equipment, we have not been able to hit our daily production goal of 90 guns per day on two extended shifts. Instead, we are averaging somewhere between 50 and 60 guns per day. So far we have shipped more than 8,000 SR1911s.

In response to everyone's frustration (including our own employees, who want more SR1911s), I have committed an additional $3.3 million to acquire more equipment to try to double production. Many of those pieces of equipment are showing up now (I saw quite a few new pieces of equipment when I was in the Prescott factory last week), and I am hopeful they will be tooled up and running with additional, fully-trained employees by the first of the year.

Best regards,
Mike Fifer

There you have it fans, the official word from a reliable source! :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Replies About the SR1911!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cyclopsshooter
November 2, 2011, 02:55 PM
cool!

ErikO
November 2, 2011, 02:56 PM
That is good news.

NOLAEMT
November 2, 2011, 03:23 PM
That is completely unacceptable.

If they start making more SR1911's I might actually find one for sale. In which case I will be forced to buy it, and my wife will kill me.

So no, this is not good news at all!

wtxj
November 2, 2011, 03:25 PM
I'll never get mine at 60 pistols a week. :eek:

Dnaltrop
November 2, 2011, 03:30 PM
Nice to see Ruger responding to demand.

Sometimes I wouldn't mind a "verified manufacturer contact" section on the board where we could watch Product reps and posts of recall information with no filters. (not respond to individual warranty repairs, that could get overwhelming )

It would just likely fall prey to the pushing of advertisements rather than the more humble "here's what we're working on/have produced/Invented" I'd prefer.

mgmorden
November 2, 2011, 03:35 PM
I'll never get mine at 60 pistols a week.

They're making 50-60 per day. Still will likely be a while, but not as bad as the week figure would be :). If they can double that it should help a lot. Remember that the gun was only announced back in April.

I really wanted one on the 1911 centennial, but I may have to pass. I still an SOME type of 1911 from this year, so I may end up settling for an RIA instead and getting the Ruger later. In order to avoid having two .45's though, I may just get the RIA in 9mm.

DammitBoy
November 2, 2011, 03:37 PM

If they start making more SR1911's I might actually find one for sale. In which case I will be forced to buy it, and my wife will kill me.

lol :uhoh:

KAS1981
November 2, 2011, 07:31 PM
If they make a Commander model I'm all over it.

The Lone Haranguer
November 2, 2011, 08:04 PM
I can live with making fewer, as long as they are made right.

I finally got to see a couple of them, at a gun show in Fletcher, NC (near Asheville). Nice looking guns. :) One vendor had it priced at $750, another at $729. That seems a little high, but I wasn't in the market for a new gun right then anyway, let alone buying out of state and having it shipped and transferred.

Racinbob
November 2, 2011, 08:42 PM
Well, I guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer. I've had one, fully paid for, on order for over 4 months now.

InkEd
November 2, 2011, 09:41 PM
My LGS has sold a few and keep one in-stock for people to handle. It's pretty nice and the price (like all Ruger guns) makes it a pretty good value.

KAS1981
November 2, 2011, 09:54 PM
Best price I've seen so far is from Impact Guns--$650. If I wanted one I'd buy from them and wait it out.

They're selling for crazy prices on Gun Broker.

TexasRifleman
November 2, 2011, 10:00 PM
First off, don't take this as knocking the gun because I am not. I handled one a few weeks ago and it's a very nice gun, seems well worth the money.

But, I am curious what it is about this 1911 that makes people want it in a way that other 1911 makers have not been able to do. Is it just the name recognition of Ruger?

As a 1911 fan I don't care, I am happy to see the model take off like crazy, just trying to figure out what is especially attractive about this one.

ohwell
November 2, 2011, 10:29 PM
I would say its because its not only a great value for the price, Its also American made.

Bobson
November 2, 2011, 10:34 PM
But, I am curious what it is about this 1911 that makes people want it in a way that other 1911 makers have not been able to do. Is it just the name recognition of Ruger?
Fair question. From everything I've heard (reviews, etc), the gun is beautiful, seems to be exceptionally well made, fit and finish is impeccable, reliability is stellar, trigger is phenomenal, and accuracy is ...mediocre.

NOLAEMT
November 2, 2011, 11:31 PM
I don't exactly know, i think it is a combination of price point, made in america, lack of front cocking serations, and the fact that ruger is finally making a 1911.

KAS1981
November 2, 2011, 11:46 PM
A 100% USA-made 1911, with some nice features, for a great price. That and yes, I do believe some folks are just Ruger fans.

I'd love to pick one up.

fal762x51
November 3, 2011, 12:06 AM
Colts are American made, have the same features, and are selling for... less.

mgmorden
November 3, 2011, 12:10 AM
Colts are American made, have the same features, and are selling for... less.

If you're seeing any new stainless Colts with the same features (namely the beavertail grip safety and novak sights) for under $750 I'd love to know where.

fal762x51
November 3, 2011, 12:13 AM
Are you seeing many SR1911s for under $750 that are actually available?

Imaginary $650 SR1911s that have not yet been built dont count.

loadedround
November 3, 2011, 12:16 AM
I've been waiting patiently for mine since May of this year. I am now second on the list. Maybe I'll get it by Christmas? :rolleyes:

mgmorden
November 3, 2011, 12:16 AM

Imaginary $650 SR1911s that have not yet been built dont count.

Availability wasn't what you quoted. That's merely a patience problem (and I have quite a bit of patience). You quoted price. The ones that are selling when you can find them have been going for about $750 or so - hence why I quoted that price instead of the $600-650 that they're expected to settle to once demand is satisfied.

Realistically, Colts still cost quite a bit more.

Fishslayer
November 3, 2011, 12:48 AM

Just move to Kalifornistan. Then ya won't need to worry about it. :fire:

chez323
November 3, 2011, 10:33 AM
I've got one on backorder at ombexpress for $591.16..... since July/August. My local gunshop has only gotten one in and it's for their rental case. I checked it out, nice looking and feeling gun that shoots very nicely. Will be patiently waiting for it, it will go nicely with my other 1911's which are also American made (Kimber).

TexasRifleman
November 3, 2011, 10:36 AM
Just move to Kalifornistan. Then ya won't need to worry about it.

Why not, did Ruger not submit it or did it fail the CA DOJ tests? Just curious.

HOOfan_1
November 3, 2011, 10:50 AM
MY LGS has had two sales on them since they came out. Last sale just ended October 23rd. My dad said he went in and they had them in stock too.

Husker_Fan
November 3, 2011, 11:14 AM
I want one, but I'll wait for the street price to come down. Honestly, before they announced the gun I had an idea of what I wanted for a full size 1911. I want a stainless, non-series 80, with a beaver tail and single side extended safety, long trigger, flat MSH, and NO front slide serration. I was pretty pshyched when I saw this one announced.

wow6599
November 3, 2011, 11:14 AM
Bud's has an auction for a "Limited Production Run With Cerakote Slide" SR1911.
12 hours left and the bidding is up to $953.00.........

Husker_Fan
November 3, 2011, 11:17 AM
Wow, that is the Talo run that just came out and have an MSRP of $899. I want an SR, but not that bad. I'll wait.

Bozwell
November 3, 2011, 11:32 AM
I've really thought about getting my name on a list for one. I like the look, I've read some pretty good things, but the mediocre reviews about the accuracy have turned me off a bit. I think I'll revisit that decision once there are additional reviews out there. Hopefully they're actually available by then, haha.

rellascout
November 3, 2011, 11:35 AM
Fair question. From everything I've heard (reviews, etc), the gun is beautiful, seems to be exceptionally well made, fit and finish is impeccable, reliability is stellar, trigger is phenomenal, and accuracy is ...mediocre.

I guess this is the part I do not understand. With only 8,000+ in the market place how can anyone make these kind of statements as if they were fact.

With so few guns in actual shooters hands how can one declare that the reliablity of this gun is stellar?

I have seen reports of casting marks and pits on some of the frames. The ones I have seen did not have these flaws but I have seen pics.

Triggers on the few I have held were nice for a sub $700 production gun bu phenomenal was not the words that came to my mind.

I think that once the hype dies down and the price settles out to where it should be at around $600 we will have the new Kimber. A US origin mass produced 1911 using modern manufacturing techniques, investment casting & mim, with semi-custom like features selling at a attactive price point back by a good company with a stellar CS. If only Kimber could wind back the clock and recapture that magic. LOL

Jim Watson
November 3, 2011, 11:45 AM
Seems the market for 1911 variants is bottomless. Ruger selling all they can make and adding machinery, and the expen$ive Cabot with everything made to date and everything scheduled for next year spoken for at $4000+ a pop. Not to mention custom shops with delivery times in YEARS.

rellascout
November 3, 2011, 11:57 AM
Seems the market for 1911 variants is bottomless. Ruger selling all they can make and adding machinery, and the expen$ive Cabot with everything made to date and everything scheduled for next year spoken for at $4000+ a pop. Not to mention custom shops with delivery times in YEARS.

Yup there is one for everyone and every budget... :D

DammitBoy
November 3, 2011, 12:41 PM
There are 14 SR1911's available on gunbroker right now ranging from $600-$1000

Why wait if you want one?

wally
November 3, 2011, 03:41 PM
If they've sold all 8,000 and gotten $500 each for them that's only $4 million gross, I'd not bet 3.3 million on more production equipment unless it was usable for other production as well.

OTOH $4 million from equipment you already have is a very nice business.

Husker_Fan
November 3, 2011, 04:02 PM
That's 4 MM gross in six months though. I think the demand is there for them to sell quite a few more per year at the current price point.

As for the equipment costs, the biggest expense may well be additional CNC capacity which could be used for almost anything they make.

TexasRifleman
November 3, 2011, 04:10 PM
I saw a brief seminar from a Ruger rep a few weeks ago and he had video and pictures of the facility they have put together just for this 1911 in Prescott, AZ. An extra 3.3 million more isn't much compared to what they already have in place. They are expecting big volume for a LONG time with this gun.

I would hope to see some expansion of options available at some point once they get up to speed.

Reliability wise, the above mentioned Ruger rep shot the Gunsite 1911 class with his SR1911 and no one mentioned him having any problems. Don't know if it was straight from the box or what, but 1000 rounds in a class like that is a good test.

Mot45acp
November 3, 2011, 04:28 PM
Count me in if they come out with a 4" model. I hoping with the success they've had with the full size, that they expand.

Fishslayer
November 3, 2011, 08:29 PM
Why not, did Ruger not submit it or did it fail the CA DOJ tests? Just curious.

Didn't submit it. No LCI, no mag disconnect, no firing pin block. From what I've heard they have no plans to make a Kali model.:(

They can be had legally, but that's extra $$$.

fal762x51
November 4, 2011, 12:46 AM
Availability wasn't what you quoted. That's merely a patience problem (and I have quite a bit of patience). You quoted price. The ones that are selling when you can find them have been going for about $750 or so - hence why I quoted that price instead of the $600-650 that they're expected to settle to once demand is satisfied.

Oh, Ok. you are right, if we include guns that will come out in the future but arent available yet. In fact one day, I predict Ruger SR1911s will be absolutely worthless, if you are willing to project this discussion far enough out into the future.

mgmorden
November 4, 2011, 01:28 AM
Oh, Ok. you are right, if we include guns that will come out in the future but arent available yet. In fact one day, I predict Ruger SR1911s will be absolutely worthless, if you are willing to project this discussion far enough out into the future.

You're still trying to reframe the discussion. You didn't say that a Colt was easier to find. You said Colts with the same features was selling for less. They're not. If you are willing to pay a slight premium (which I was even nice enough to add to the stated price - about $750) you CAN get Rugers now. Even factoring in the inflated prices you need to pay if you just HAVE to have one right now, your statement still doesn't hold true.

That said, once demand is satisfied the prices WILL come down. We're not exactly talking about time frames that it would take for plastic bottles to decompose or mountains to crumble here - the gun's only been available for 6 months for goodness sakes. Colt's had 100 years to deal with their initial spike in demand. In 12-18 months buying an SR1911 will be as easy as deciding you want one.

All in all, your initial point was about price, and when challenged on that rather than backing up your point with data, you've tried to claim that it doesn't matter that you're wrong because Rugers are harder to find - a point of contention that wasn't in the original statement, and one that many will find irrelevant. IE, my granddad used to have a favorite saying "I've got more time than I do money.". If waiting a bit longer (or doing something yourself) saves money, then to many the wait is nothing to worry about.

fal762x51
November 4, 2011, 01:32 AM
You're still trying to reframe the discussion. You didn't say that a Colt was easier to find. You said Colts with the same features was selling for less. They're not. If you are willing to pay a slight premium (which I was even nice enough to add to the stated price - about $750) you CAN get Rugers now. Even factoring in the inflated prices you need to pay if you just HAVE to have one right now, your statement still doesn't hold true.

That said, once demand is satisfied the prices WILL come down. We're not exactly talking about time frames that it would take for plastic bottles to decompose or mountains to crumble here - the gun's only been available for 6 months for goodness sakes. Colt's had 100 years to deal with their initial spike in demand. In 12-18 months buying an SR1911 will be as easy as deciding you want one.

All in all, your initial point was about price, and when challenged on that rather than backing up your point with data, you've tried to claim that it doesn't matter that you're wrong because Rugers are harder to find - a point of contention that wasn't in the original statement, and one that many will find irrelevant. IE, my granddad used to have a favorite saying "I've got more time than I do money.". If waiting a bit longer (or doing something yourself) saves money, then to many the wait is nothing to worry about.

Oh my god.

carbuncle
November 4, 2011, 03:13 AM
I like the Ruger 1911, pretty sure it will be my first 1911. Either that or the Springfield Range Officer.

DammitBoy
November 4, 2011, 01:54 PM

I count four on gunbroker right now in that price range. Surely they are not the only ones available?

*NOVA*
November 4, 2011, 03:58 PM
Its like a wild goose chase - on another forum, a poster from Florence, Arizona said all of the LGS's in his area have them on the shelf. I replied what stores? Got names? and he has not answered yet.
So I call all the stores I can find from Florence Yellow Pages and not one of them say they have any. :mad:

DammitBoy
November 5, 2011, 12:44 AM
Its like a wild goose chase...

No it's not, it's rather quite simple.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=259363841

Ben86
November 5, 2011, 01:04 AM
It is good to see they are genuinely trying to keep up with the high demand.

I have pretty much made up my mind that my first 1911 will be this Ruger. I may have to wait a year or so to buy one at a decent price, but that's ok.

Ruger truly does have some expert marketing managers by the way. They are able to build demand like no one else.

Nakanokalronin
November 5, 2011, 01:45 PM
The SR1911 is set at a very attractive price made by an American company that has been making 1911 components for other manufactures for years. Add the build quality of the SR1911 and its no wonder why so many people want it. I'm glad to see that they are getting the necessary equipment to boost production runs but I hope they still take the time to make them right. We don't want it turning into a situation where they rush them out the door without proper QC like many other companies seem to do these days.

I'm glad I got mine the first week they where introduced for around $600 from my LGS. ;)

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg585/scaled.php?server=585&filename=sr19113.jpg&res=medium

Bobson
November 5, 2011, 01:47 PM
So how is it, Nakanokalronin? I've heard that there's little to complain about aside from mediocre accuracy.

Which, for me at least, is a complete deal breaker...

Nakanokalronin
November 5, 2011, 02:21 PM
I don't know who stated that it had mediocre accuracy but mine is very accurate and on par with my other 1911s which includes Colts, Springfields, DW Valor and others.

I've done a review on several forums and if you Google "Review of the SR1911 Nakanokalronin" you'll see a few of them.

There is indeed cast and/or MIM in the SR1911. This is insignificant since Ruger owns Pine Tree casting and has not only been making cast frames/parts for their own firearms for years, but 1911 parts for other companies as well.

It feels great in the hand and I've not experienced a single malfunction with multiple brands of FMJ and HP ammo in 230gr (the only weight of 45acp I use)

Accuracy is very good. The slide glides smoothly on the frame and all the parts are very well fit. I changed my trigger since I like the solid look better. I purposely bought an oversized trigger so it needed to be fit to the frame and it now has zero play. The trigger play is apparent in many brands of 1911s and will only be as tight as mine is now if you do the work yourself or buy a custom build.

I'm very pleased with the SR1911 and would easily suggest it to anyone as a first or even tenth 1911. ;)

As long as the quality and price remains the same, Ruger has hit a home run with the SR1911. I hope they make a "Defender" sized model in the future.

Sonic82
November 5, 2011, 02:34 PM
From what I understand, Ruger does close tolerance investment casting for the medical industry...they've got it down pretty good.

KAS1981
November 5, 2011, 03:13 PM
I've heard that Ruger's firearms manufacturing is kind of a side job.....that investment casting parts manufacturing is really their bread & butter.

Nakanokalronin
November 5, 2011, 04:04 PM
I've heard that Ruger's firearms manufacturing is kind of a side job.....that investment casting parts manufacturing is really their bread & butter.

Technically your right. They first started out making tools like manually operated hand drills where you turn a crank to spin the chuck. This was before he got together with Sturm for the firearms portion of his business.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XCkTSf0swcQ/SZn-tGuJ3vI/AAAAAAAAFS0/3oQ3eXsXN6E/s320/REugerDRILL742.jpg

Same grip angle as the MK .22 pistols. So eerily similar the lines are.

http://www.justpistols.co.uk/mk1_002.jpg

Sonic82
November 6, 2011, 07:14 AM
That's very interesting Nakanokalronin.

*NOVA*
November 6, 2011, 11:24 AM
In an earlier post I was whining about the difficulty in obtaining the SR1911. DammitBoy pointed out:

No it's not, it's rather quite simple.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=259363841

So, when I realized he was right (I had been to GunBroker before) I went ahead and put my money where my mouth is. Starting bid on the gun was $600.00. I put in a maximum bid of $712.02, since I figured my LGS's FFL fee would put me right about where I'd pay if the LGS had the same item in their store for sale.

Here is the result - :banghead:

Dear *NOVA*,

You have been outbid on an item at GunBroker.com. If this is a Dutch auction you may have been outbid on all or just part of the quantity you bid on. The item is:

Item Title: RUGER SR1911 MODEL 6700
Item Number: 259110598
SKU: 6700
Ending Date: 11/06/2011 10:51:05

Yes, it is easy to get one from GunBroker, if you don't mind paying more than I am willing. It is a matter of principal - I cannot in good conscience pay more than what I think something is worth. We vote with our dollars in this free market system, so I'm willing to wait until the prices come down. I already own a very nice SW1911 TRS, just broken in and shooting sweet. :) The Law of Supply and Demand will hopefully apply to this product like any other.

*NOVA*
November 6, 2011, 11:33 AM
Here is a good example - anyone having the time to check it out for themselves, it is a Ruger SR1911 current bid at $650.00. With six days left to go, I am willing to bet it goes over $700.00 before the auction is ended:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=259474621

DammitBoy
November 6, 2011, 01:50 PM
The way to win on gunbroker is to keep trying until you get lucky. It happens all the time.

I won a Bennelli M1 super 90 for $900, but only after I lost on at least 7 Bennelli M1 super 90's that went for over $1100.

Mr.357Sig
November 7, 2011, 09:55 PM
I came across an SR1911 at my LGS when they first came out. I didn't have the funds, so I had to pass. Now that I have the funds, I can't find one anywhere. And the units I've found online are overpriced.

Looks like it'll be 2012 before I can finally get my coveted first 1911. Bummer.

Mr.357Sig
November 7, 2011, 09:56 PM
I'm with *NOVA*. The ones I've seen on Gunbroker always seem to go for well over $700. It's starting to really piss me off.

TexasRifleman
November 7, 2011, 10:04 PM
One went for $600 right here on THR.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=624023&highlight=sr1911

Wish I had seen that one sooner.

Feanor
November 7, 2011, 10:18 PM
There is indeed cast and/or MIM in the SR1911. This is insignificant since Ruger owns Pine Tree casting and has not only been making cast frames/parts for their own firearms for years, but 1911 parts for other companies as well.

Excuse me, but every internal part in the Ruger 1911 is MIM excxept I believe the barrel, the frame is a casting, not exactly an insignificance. MIM parts are inferior, and if I may, Ruger only supplied STI with moulds, not parts! I believe that at 700.00 bucks, the Ruger is way over-priced.

Jim K
November 7, 2011, 10:30 PM
"MIM parts are inferior..."

Hmmm. Some early ones were, or MIM was used in inappropriate places, but over the years, I think that technique has proven itself. FWIW, some makers who make a point of not using MIM parts use cast parts, which are, IMHO, less desirable than MIM.

Jim

MarshallDodge
November 7, 2011, 10:52 PM
MIM is a solid process if the QC is there.

I have/had quite a few 1911s with MIM parts and never broken one. On the other hand I have broken quite a few machined steel parts. I don't know of anyone breaking a part on a Ruger 1911 just yet but time will tell.

The original striker in my M&P was machined and died at 2K rounds. The new replacement is MIM and is supposed to have a 70K strike life.

The Ruger with it's cast frame and MIM parts is priced right about where it should be. If you look at the market it looks to be a quality gun for the middle of the pack where it resides. It is not a $2K 1911 selling for $650.

HOOfan_1
November 7, 2011, 11:55 PM
if I may, Ruger only supplied STI with moulds, not parts!

Yet, they make the frames for Caspian...there is a used Caspian frame/slide at my LGS....mind you FRAME and SLIDE ONLY going for $900.

Snowbandit
November 8, 2011, 12:32 AM
Does anyone know how the Ruger compares with the offering from Remington?

thefamcnaj
November 8, 2011, 12:36 AM
One went for $600 right here on THR from TexasRifleman^
I feel your pain. I was on nightshift saturday night and while on break I decided to browse the thr classifieds. When read the post I almost jumped out of my chair, and quickly began to type a pm......then I saw the the bold letters by the description, indicating it was sold:(
I own a couple of 1911's and like them a lot. I'm not a true 1911 enthusiest, but I really want this one. I love Ruger's CS and their product(of coarse after I send them back to get worked on :D) and just think it would be neet to have an amercian made 1911. It would of been cool to have one manufactured in 2011 due to the 100 years, but thats not going to happen.
I was going to be 9th on the list at my lgs, so I'm just waiting it out.

Bush Pilot
November 8, 2011, 02:30 AM
I've had my Ruger 1911 for 2 months (LGS $619.00) IMO this gun is a great value for the money. Anyone who says these aren't accurate I beg to differ, I let some of the match guys at my range shoot it and they were all very impressed with out of the box accuracy.

*NOVA*
November 8, 2011, 09:21 AM
from TexasRifleman^
I feel your pain... and just think it would be neet to have an amercian made 1911. It would of been cool to have one manufactured in 2011 due to the 100 years, but thats not going to happen...

Hey, it's still possible the one you get is manufactured in 2011, even if you buy it in 2012.

PabloJ
November 8, 2011, 10:46 AM
The SR1911 is set at a very attractive price made by an American company that has been making 1911 components for other manufactures for years. Add the build quality of the SR1911 and its no wonder why so many people want it. I'm glad to see that they are getting the necessary equipment to boost production runs but I hope they still take the time to make them right. We don't want it turning into a situation where they rush them out the door without proper QC like many other companies seem to do these days.

I'm glad I got mine the first week they where introduced for around $600 from my LGS. ;)

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg585/scaled.php?server=585&filename=sr19113.jpg&res=medium
Very nice pistol in stainless steel for only $600. For those that do not want Ruger proven investment casting there are always $2500+ made in USA wonders from other manufacturers or should I say "Chopper Shops"?

Mr.Revolverguy
November 8, 2011, 10:02 PM
I was blessed with an early production run and was able to write up a review of it here, with plenty of pictures. Simply put I love it.

SR1911 Review Made in The USA (http://www.dayattherange.com/?p=1612)

23pairer
November 9, 2011, 12:48 PM
Got mine in MAy, paid $650, and enjoying the heck out of it! I even bought a Kimber 22LR conversion kit for it, to train the kids with. It is a solid pistol, well worth the wait. I reload my own cartridges, and it has worked flawlessly.

Ruger SR1911 with Conversion Kit by Kimber (http://youtu.be/8Ux1Umec6Rc)

DammitBoy
November 10, 2011, 02:45 AM
Nice review Mr.Revolverguy! Thanks for the link.

Nakanokalronin
November 11, 2011, 01:35 AM
Excuse me, but every internal part in the Ruger 1911 is MIM excxept I believe the barrel, the frame is a casting, not exactly an insignificance. MIM parts are inferior, and if I may, Ruger only supplied STI with moulds, not parts! I believe that at 700.00 bucks, the Ruger is way over-priced.

Your excused and please report of a catastrophic failure on your own personal SR1911 if you do have one.

BTW, if you think the only part Ruger has made for other firearm companies is a rough cast frame to STI then you haven't done your homework.

ETA: http://www.ruger.com/casting/P-Overview.html In just the two tiny pictures alone I see firearm frames and parts that don't belong on a 1911 nor STI. What guns do you currently own? I'll bet there is more MIM in the guns you own than you think.

KAS1981
November 11, 2011, 01:59 AM
Haters gonna hate.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Replies About the SR1911!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!