S&W 637 Review

PDA

grant1265
November 5, 2011, 03:01 PM
Stopped by my LGS last night and saw a beautiful J-frame 637 sitting at the top of the display cabinet with an eye catching price tag of $375 NIB. Anyway here it is beside my Benchmade OD Mini Griptillian.http://s1128.photobucket.com/albums/m493/Grant1265/?action=view&current=JFrameandminigrip.jpg

It locks up with no cylinder play at all, minimal cylinder gap, just all around an excellent gun. I'm looking for a good open top pancake holster for it at the moment. This morning I shot 5 rounds at a Federal Walmart bulk .22 box from 15 yards. Hit it all five times; accurate enough for me. The grips are very nice and are very smooth. They also allow the uninterrupted use of a speedloader. The sights are typical J-frame notch and ramp fixed, which are very low profile and do not snag when drawing. The trigger is definitely something to brag about, better DA then my 629, LCR, and almost my Python. Also no creep and breaks crisply about 1/4-1/3" from the back of the trigger guard. Single action is normal S&W. Finally, recoil is stout, but extremely manageable. Final Rating- 5/5 Stars

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 637 Review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dr_B
November 5, 2011, 03:27 PM
I have one of these as well. It's what's on me most of the time. I carry it in a Bianchi Pistol Pocket holster. It is more comfortable, for some reason, than my 642 was. That particular revolver tore up my index finger between the trigger and frame.

I find it's plenty accurate within 12 feet and I can get good groups with it rapid fire. Out at about 15-20 yards, I start having to aim low and to the left to hit anything. But it isn't made for shooting from 15-20 yards.

freightshaker
November 5, 2011, 10:58 PM
I also own one of these. I really like it. I utilize 2 different holsters, a Desantis "nemesis", pocket holster,and a simply rugged"Rob Leahy". I've tried a few others,but for the money, these work for me.Hope this helps.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 637 Review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!