Still lmao

PDA

Dean1818
November 5, 2011, 08:27 PM
This afternoon I stopped in to look at pistols at a local pawn shop

I asked to see a pistol

The clerk spoke about the pistol while holdiing it, sweeping me again and again. After the 3rd sweep, I put my hand up to stop it, telling him that I felt uncomfortable with having a gun pointed at me

He then holds the pistol with his finger over the end of the barrel, and continues to sweep me.....................

He must have a bullet proof finger. :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Still lmao" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
txgunsuscg
November 5, 2011, 09:21 PM
Um, yeah, everyone knows that putting your finger in the end of the gun stops bullets. Haven't you seen Ernest Goes to Camp?

rcmodel
November 5, 2011, 09:26 PM
Or Loony Tunes!

rc

Dr_2_B
November 5, 2011, 10:28 PM
Etiquette! Etiquette! Even with a water pistol you don't freakin sweep somebody.

tahunua001
November 5, 2011, 10:30 PM
or me, myself and irene :D

txgunsuscg
November 5, 2011, 10:42 PM
Totally forgot about that one! Good call.

tahunua001
November 5, 2011, 10:49 PM
txgunsuscg, my pleasure

OP, I agree, it irritates me when the people that should excorcise the most caution such as gun store owners are negligent with muzzle control.

HDCamel
November 5, 2011, 10:54 PM
I don't really care about being swept as long as their finger's off the trigger...
Loaded or not.

txgunsuscg
November 5, 2011, 10:55 PM
Joking aside, I agree, if you handle weapons as part of your profession (whether as an armed professional, or as a dealer in firearms), you should be the model for those that may come in contact with you, whether on the street or in your shop. To do otherwise perpetuates complacency and improper firearm handling habits. You are literally setting others up for failure.

WinThePennant
November 6, 2011, 10:11 AM
If he does a safety check, and the slide is racked back, then I don't mind. It doesn't sound like he did that, however.

bikerdoc
November 6, 2011, 10:56 AM
At my LGS dude would be fired. Owner is a 4 rule all the way.

If you enjoyed reading about "Still lmao" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!