Custom Ruger Bisley and Buck

PDA

Ruger4Life
November 6, 2011, 09:17 PM
Here is a pic of my Custom Ruger Bisley and buck that I harvested this weekend with a 310gr cast handload. Ruger customized by Michael Shumaker, Shumaker Custom Gun Works, Stephenville, TX.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g350/Ruger4Life/20118point003.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom Ruger Bisley and Buck" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
suzukisam
November 6, 2011, 10:45 PM
is that a .45? I'm hoping to shoot one with my Ruger BH 7.5" 45lc this year...is yours a 45? and your deers is awesome!

Ruger4Life
November 6, 2011, 11:11 PM
I was hunting in an elvevated stand. Buck was approx 30 yrds away. I only had a quartering-away shot. The revolver is a tack-driver and is more accurate than I am. Needless to say, it placed the bullet exactly where I aimed. The buck was tremendously shocked by the impact of the bullet, then ran about 40yrds, slowed, stood still, and then its knees slowly buckled and it collapsed in a heap. It never got to its feet again.

The Ruger is a custom 5-shot revolver with free-spin pawl. A 6.5" SS Shilen bbl was installed with recessed crown. SS Belt Mountain Base pin and SS Grip frame installed. Custom base pin bushing installed and extra-tall front sight installed. Action job done with 2.75lb trigger pull. Bbl-cylinder gap at 0025". Sweet revolver and a real keeper. I highly reccommend Michael Shumaker's custom services.

Handload was .44 Mag Oregon Trail True Shot 310gr Hard-cast over 20.5gr of W296, with Federal Gold Match Magnum primer and Remington Brass. Heavy, roll-type crimp was applied.

suzukisam
November 6, 2011, 11:23 PM
Nice! I have dreams of sending my 45 BH off and having that kinda work done to it. I have never owned a pistol that shoots like this one does, I'm sure not nearly as good as yours, but for a factory handgun, I was very surprised. I need a belt mountain base pin for both my blackhawks. My 357 mag has a little cylinder slop in and I have been advised that would cure it, it's nothing bad, but i'm a perfectionist.

Last year we had a small doe walk up 26 yrds from our elevated box blind, and i had just had eye surgery and was concerned about hunting with a pistol. I didn't want to have any pressure against my face..probably just over concerned. anyway I would give anything to have been able to shoot that thing with my BH!

TexasPatriot.308
November 6, 2011, 11:30 PM
I got a regular Bisley .45 colt with 7 1/2" barrel and I aint shy about 50 yard shots, they make a helluva hunting revolver. killed many a pig with it, a few deer. it is going with me to the deer lease in the morning.

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom Ruger Bisley and Buck" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!