Idaho elk hunting unit 40

PDA

am_bully27
November 11, 2011, 05:45 PM
Anyone Elk hunting unit 40 in Idaho? I know they can be hard to locate, starting to get some snow up there so it should be easier. I'm going up tomorrow.

If you enjoyed reading about "Idaho elk hunting unit 40" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
am_bully27
November 11, 2011, 08:25 PM
Here's a decent cow my cousin shot last weekend in unit 40.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee48/pictures243/BigBeech.jpg

castingdonkey
November 11, 2011, 11:25 PM
There's nothing quite like a good old trophy cow hunt.:)

788Ham
November 12, 2011, 12:13 AM
Whew, man I'd like to help you eat some of those steaks! Nice cow, congrats!

am_bully27
November 12, 2011, 08:34 AM
Thanks guys! getting ready to hit the road hopefully I'll have some more pictures! we have 3 more cow tags to fill so we'll have a ton of steaks!!! :)

Freedom_fighter_in_IL
November 12, 2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks guys! getting ready to hit the road hopefully I'll have some more pictures! we have 3 more cow tags to fill so we'll have a ton of steaks!!!

Knees are too blown out to go on an elk hunt this year. Would you be interested in adopting a 51 year old kid to feed some elk steaks http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Funny%20Animated%20Emoticons/funny%20face.gif

HUNTINANDFISHINADDICT
November 21, 2011, 08:29 PM
Nice!!! Your cousin better share some elk meat with you. I have hunted unit 40 before, and it was a great area, however that was years ago, and like castingdonkey said I hear the wolves are taking their fare share of game in that area.

HUNTINANDFISHINADDICT
November 21, 2011, 08:31 PM
I forgot to ask ambully27 did you see any wolves?

Leanwolf
November 22, 2011, 12:49 AM
Am Bully 27, did you do any good on your cow elk hunt in Unit 40?? Hope so.

L.W.

HUNTINANDFISHINADDICT
December 14, 2011, 07:03 PM
Free 2011 Elk hunting dvd from Jensen Outfitters in Afton Wyoming. They took a couple of good bulls, one was great sized bull. I am disappointed I didn't get to go this year due to a surgery, but I sure enjoyed the dvd. I figure some of you here at THR will too, Anyone interested email Jensen Outfitters at jensenoutfitters@yahoo.com I was told they are free as long as supplies last so hurry and send them a email and ask for a free dvd.

If you enjoyed reading about "Idaho elk hunting unit 40" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!