Spare barrel for Smith 1917?

PDA

buzz_knox
January 28, 2003, 02:45 PM
I picked up a Brazillian contract 1917 that is a real beater (what can I say? It looked better in the dark and was a good price). But, I see potential in it. I'm looking for a spare barrel to have installed and shortened to 4", in order to make an IDPA/CC revolver. Sort of a .45 version of a M13 (which I also got at the same time and is rapidly becoming my favorite revolver). Anyone got a source for barrels?

If you enjoyed reading about "Spare barrel for Smith 1917?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mike Irwin
January 28, 2003, 06:56 PM
Gun Parts Corporation, at this link.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.asp?chrMasterModel=1980z1917

Originals for $91, new for $59.

Oops. My bad. They're sold out of originals, but do have the new ones. Keep trying...

Jim K
January 28, 2003, 11:27 PM
FWIW, the non-original ones they had were Brazilian, made as replacements for those very guns. So even if they don't have the S&W markings, they are a good match.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Spare barrel for Smith 1917?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!