Suggestions for hunting Northeast Texas hogs?

PDA

22lr
November 13, 2011, 11:31 PM
So I have had this long standing desire to hunt hogs and now that Uncle Sam sent me to Louisiana I think its time to set the gears in motion. I have a buddy who is stationed up in Oklahoma and the Dallas/Northeast Texas area is within the safe zone of weekend travel for both of us without having to take leave (so naturally it would be the best location). I am a complete hog hunting novice, so I was looking at a guided/semi-guided hunt but was wondering if anyone had suggestions?

Suggestions for locations/guide services or anything related to hog hunting would be appreciated. I have a pair of 308s bolt actions that id plan on using.

Ive looked at the Boar Creek Ranch and it looks promising, but im open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Edit: Ive been reading through the sticky on the top, great info. Really fuels the desire to go kill a few of em.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suggestions for hunting Northeast Texas hogs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Double Naught Spy
November 14, 2011, 09:25 AM
Some posts here for wanting hunters sometimes...
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/7/2/Hogs_Varmint_Small_Game_Huntin

22lr
November 14, 2011, 05:55 PM
Ill look around there, thanks.

Anyone ever use one of the guide services in the area?

If you enjoyed reading about "Suggestions for hunting Northeast Texas hogs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!