Buck Bombs?

PDA

robinkevin
November 16, 2011, 09:04 AM
Has any one tried these Buck Bombs? Do they work as well as some say?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Buck-Bomb-Doe-Estrus-Scent-Fogger/14560076

Tinks also makes some but cost a little more...

I have heard that they will draw in a number of bucks but the people who have told me this also says "I took a shot at one and missed"...

So who here has tried them and do they work?

If you enjoyed reading about "Buck Bombs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hunterdad
November 17, 2011, 06:39 AM
I guy I work with used these for the 1at time over the weekend. He set out one in front of him and one behind him. He had a 6pt and an 8pt come check him out. He got the 8pt

Strap assassin
November 17, 2011, 06:47 AM
My uncle sprayed one on his green field and had an 8 point goin crazy. He killed it about 20 minutes of being in the stand.

BCCL
November 17, 2011, 08:47 AM
Got a can of that I never opened last year.....gonna have to try it tomorrow.

CSA 357
November 17, 2011, 06:27 PM
I think most of that stuff is made to sell, not bring in deer! but i might try some of that doe in heat in the spray can, what the heck i have bought most of the other stuff and it never worked, you know its hard to be where a deer can smell the scent you put out and not smell you

matrem
November 17, 2011, 09:33 PM
you know its hard to be where a deer can smell the scent you put out and not smell you

Unless you're 20' up in a tree.
I"ve had excellent results using scents from a tree stand...From ground level; Good, but nowhere nearly as effective.

TNboy
November 17, 2011, 09:57 PM
I've used it twice that I remember, the first time I used it I put it out on the middle of a 25 acre bean field. Set it off right at daylight and within 5 minutes had a 6 pt and a 10 pt come into the field. Hard to say if the bomb brought them in or they were coming that way anyway. The other time I used one I didn't see anything.

CSA 357
November 20, 2011, 07:16 PM
my point is at some time you have to be on the ground, i tryed a can saturday, wind was coming out of the north then latter out of the south two deer came in after it got dark i was sitting over some fresh scrapes, ill try the other can latter on when it cools off and the rut kicks in!

If you enjoyed reading about "Buck Bombs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!