Trapping

PDA

Zombiphobia
November 16, 2011, 10:33 AM
Any trappers here? Tell us what you trap, for fur/meat, what kind of traps you use, baits etc..

I use a havahart galvanized steel live trap with rear sliding release door. Can't remember dimensions but it's sized for racoon. Sometimes we catch things we don't want and that rear release is easier than the flap font. I generally use canned chicken or tuna for raccoons, opossum, and feral cats.
Mostly just used for pest control, but occasionally eat the raccoons if they're plump enough and not too old looking.

Used to have an old fox trap with a sliding front trap door and a bait compartment in the rear accessed by a flap door on top. Only used that one to get rid of the foxes killing the doves in my bird trap.. which were intended for food.

Baited the foxes with dead birds, and baited the birds with cracked corn and bird seed mixes.

FYI, the red fox IS smart. They're hard to get into a cage trap, and if there's a weakness in the wiring, I've had them break thru it and escape, too. FL residents, don't kill them bad no-no. They're very pretty animals, though.

Wanna start trapping coyotes and wild hog too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Trapping" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MtnCreek
November 16, 2011, 10:47 AM
Wanna start trapping coyotes and wild hog too.
IMHO, your probably not going to get a lot of yotes in a live trap. They're pretty sharp.

Coons in the live trap: Use a honey bun or other type of sweet cake. Smash it into the bait pad so they can't just swipe it. If the wire around the bait area has openings large enough for the coon to reach in, 'wire' some rabbit wire around the outside.

Tuna or other meats will typically trap as many possums and polecats as coons. My solution for a polecat; #7.5 shot from about 35yds. I'll go back for the trap about a month later.:barf:

Edit: Baited the foxes with dead birds Try a can of cheap dog food. Open up a bunck of holes with a can opener (the type for opening canned milk). This works for a lot of critters (including crab)!

jimmyraythomason
November 16, 2011, 01:17 PM
I just got in from my line a few minutes ago. I made ten sets Monday,six for beaver and four for 'coon or mink. I picked up two beaver yesterday and one medium boar 'coon today(also caught a stripped turtle in a #220 conibear,released unharmed). I caught the coon in an old stump using apple for bait,a Duke #1.5 coilspring. The beaver were caught at runways. I don't use much bait for mink just blind sets but 'coon come to anything,the honey bun is great btw. When I do use bait for mink,I put fish,muskrat or beaver meat in a pocket set with a #220 just in case a coon or otter happens by. I don't use cage traps as they are much too bulky and most animals(the higher fur value types)avoid them. This is my first year back after an eighteen year hiatus and I'm loving it!

MtnCreek
November 16, 2011, 01:23 PM
That's some good lookin beaver!;)

jimmyraythomason
November 16, 2011, 01:28 PM
Zombiphobia,you may want to join the forum at<http://www.trapperman.com/>. You will have to convince Paul that you aren't really an anti infiltrator but it's a great site and a lot of young trappers just learning on there and a lot of longtimers willing to help them out.

Zombiphobia
November 16, 2011, 02:23 PM
has anyone used live bait for coyotes in cage traps with foliage around the trap so the coyote thinks they're hiding under a brush pile and crawls in to catch them?

i've thought of that but never tried trapping yotes. the fox so far has been the hardest to get inside, though. if a coyote's intelligence is equal to a fox, I see no point in bothering; too much trouble.

Gunnerboy
November 16, 2011, 03:21 PM
Ive trapped possums,coons, and coyotes for 3yrs then i found out its illegal in washington to use any form of gripping trap or snare, so i never caught 34 possums 12 coons and 17 coyotes ;)

jimmyraythomason
November 16, 2011, 03:26 PM
I never use live bait. Check with your state's game laws to be sure it's legal. My best coyote set is the common dirthole baited with a golfball size piece of meat,gland lure and coyote urine. A scent post along their travel route works great too. Fox are fairly easy to catch. Use a meat bait in a dirthole set with feather or fur attractors(where legal) for reds and a fruit bait for greys. A glob of fruit (persimmons,apples,pears,etc)under a log with the trap along side works good for greys and is almost dog proof.

Savage Shooter
November 16, 2011, 06:05 PM
I trap just running a small line now will start my big one just before thanksgiving I had two coons and a possum this morning. Pretty good day compared to yesterday I had a skunk in one of my 220s not fun. I trap mainly with conibears and footholds but use a few cage traps where pets are a problem. My bait is usually dried cat food, easily transportable, not messy or smelly really, cheap and works great. I will use fish and other things but mostly cat food.

MCgunner
November 16, 2011, 08:02 PM
I trap hogs. Keeps me in pork. Don't run it in hot months, though, as I can't check it every morning.

In the very early 80s, coon pelts were pricy and I ran a trap line. There's not much market for such anymore.

jbkebert
November 16, 2011, 10:56 PM
today was the opening of the Kansas furharvester season. Went out this evening and set 8 snares for yotes. Fence crossings and a couple grass trails.

You can trap yotes year round but not other fur bearing animals. I thought about running traps last weekend. Knowing my luck I would of snagged a bobcat and would of had to turn it over.

The snares i use were designed by a good friend of mine and are now being produced for him. They have break aways in case i happen to catch a animal over 55-60# they can get out of it. Snares when used like we do rarely kill the animal but act more as a leash to hold the animal.

zdc1775
November 16, 2011, 11:43 PM
jbkebert I wouldn't mind getting something those snares, yotes keep trying to get my dogs. Current method of a 22 behind the ear has been working but shorter days and more overtime at work means I can't keep up with them.

jbkebert
November 17, 2011, 12:03 AM
I'll talk to my buddy about shipping. He gets $34.99 per 12 snares then $12.99 for the cabled stakes. A driver is roughly $40 the driver you only need to get once. The snares like all snares are usually trash after one catch. I will try and post some pics of the set up. Pretty slick you can buy cheaper snares but I have found none that work better.

When I was trying to thin the number of yotes on our property I learned a pretty good trick. After taking a deer I would drive my truck through some tall grass and make a double beat down path with the tires. Place the gut pile and rest of the deers carcass in the middle of the tire tracks. Back up and place 2 snares approx 10 yards from the carcass and then two more at 20 yards. Same thing on the other side of the animal. So a total of 8 snares my record is 3 yotes in one night. Two more yotes the next day. So a freezer full of venision and 5 yotes inside 36 hours not a bad weekend.;)

I have two labs and the they wander our place and there is always a chance of one of them being snared. With this system they can get out of the snare if caught and its a mere $0.75 to repair the snare. A yote however can't get out and will twist and turn and kink the cable bad enough that it should not be trusted to fuction properly again.

jimmyraythomason
November 17, 2011, 11:10 AM
I took this large male otter this morning in a bank pocket set using beaver meat,otter gland lure and mink urine. Trap was a Duke #220.

MtnCreek
November 17, 2011, 11:18 AM
Mr Thomason,

Looks like you know your stuff! Where do you finds things like gland lures? Around here, traps can be purchased at the local farm supply, but that's about it. The only lures I've seen locally are for deer hunters.
Thanks,
MtnCreek

jimmyraythomason
November 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
There are many online dealers selling lures and baits as well as all types of trapping supplies. Here is one I use <http://murrayslures.com/> they have the best prices on urine. Another is <http://www.schmittent.com/lure_bait>. There are many more but I like these two. Very fast shipping.

MtnCreek
November 17, 2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks!

jbkebert
November 20, 2011, 08:13 PM
I had set 6 more snares yesterday afternoon. After getting out of my deer stand this am. I went to check my trap line. During the overnight or this morning I ended up snaring a deer. The snare did what it was supposed to. The break away s hook came open and released the animal. I am still trying to figure out the hair. The set was on a grass trail that i have never once seen a deer use. Snare consisted of a 12" loop with a three foot leader with a swivel in the middle. Snare was set with the bottom of the loop about 8 1/2" off the ground. I could see snagging a leg but a neck
??.??

The deer got away with a heck of a education and a little less hair. Yet was not permantly harmed. It also did not have the stress of being freed by a human.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww241/jbkebert/snaredeer.jpg

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww241/jbkebert/snaredeer2.jpg

jimmyraythomason
November 28, 2011, 06:28 PM
Too much rain here of late. Water sets are being washed out while land sets are having to be made in mud. I did manage to pick up a couple of coons and this bobcat this morning. I released a too small coon yesterday.

jimmyraythomason
December 5, 2011, 03:33 PM
So how's everybody doing on your lines?

MCgunner
December 5, 2011, 03:44 PM
Mmm, seems time for a pic. I'm butchering this thing now. Need to get back to it.

http://i42.tinypic.com/5mh62r.jpg

jimmyraythomason
December 5, 2011, 06:04 PM
Nice piggy there MCG!

rallyhound
December 5, 2011, 10:01 PM
I assume you don't eat most furberrers.
Are guys selling the hides or what?

What does one do with a trapped beaver or otter?

MCgunner
December 5, 2011, 10:21 PM
There's absolutely NO fur market left around here, I've looked before. Can't make enough on 'em to pay for gas to get you to a buyer anymore. There was a time, but the time ain't now. There may be markets for such at otter, don't know, we don't have anything like that. Just coons, bobcat (worth a little), and coyote (worthless) down here mostly with some other odd ringtail and such.

ridgerunner1965
December 5, 2011, 11:10 PM
yea same here, if yu trap you have to do it for the love of it i dont trap much anymore but will set a few on the creek to get some kitten coon for eatin. i miss trappin foxes but i hate to even kill them for what they bringing. not to mention the yotes have run out all the grey foxes.my fav was mink but they are all gone too on my creek.

ridgerunner1965
December 5, 2011, 11:36 PM
in response to a earlier poster, if yu have never trapped yu prob dont undertand at all.the challenge of knowing where a animal will put its foot within 6 square inches in 500 acres probably eludes you.since fur price has been low and everybody stopped trapping ive seen many animals die a slow death from mange and other diseases. its very sad to see a fox or a coyote in january with no hair whatsoever.in years past a coyote was a prize now i know guys that just gut shoot them to be rid of them just because we take the furs and dont eat them do not make us bad people.its a tradition as old as this country!

jbkebert
December 5, 2011, 11:58 PM
I haven't hade great luck this year. I just have not had the time this year to really do my homework. I still enjoy it though yes the fur market has tanked out but, that's not what it's all about.

jimmyraythomason
December 6, 2011, 08:59 AM
Fur prices are good enough to warrant trapping. Muskrat are averaging $6-$10 for large specimens. Coon as high as $28 for heavies. Otter around $40. Red fox $25. Bobcat are very sought after and command the highest prices. As always,fur prices are influenced by (1) market/demand,(2) size and quality and lastly and just as important (3) the skill of the hunter/trapper to properly prepare the pelts for market.

jimmyraythomason
December 6, 2011, 11:31 AM
I did get this nice tom.:)

jbkebert
December 6, 2011, 05:08 PM
^^^ My goodness man you are a cat trappin fool. I have been trapping 3 years and have yet to get one. My wholehearted yet jealous congrats.

I am just not sure what is going on this year. Hell even a trick that has always worked has not. My son took a nice little buck on Sunday evening. We drug the deer up a grass trail and into a thicket. The yotes were going nuts calling before we even gutted it. Anyway we drug the deer into the thicket along a trail. Feild dressed the deer and set two snares on the trail leading to the deer and another two heading away. Snares set 10 yards either side the closest then 7 yards furthur another snare staggered.

So Sunday overnight and Monday overnight. The gut pile has yet to be touched. Its been cold not breaking 25 degrees since the deer was taken. Tomorrow its supposed to warm up to upper 30's. So perhaps things will thaw and release some more scent. Just can't figure out why things have not been cleaned up at least. Yet my snares have not been disturbed in the slightest. Any ideas??

joebogey
December 6, 2011, 11:12 PM
jbkebert
Could it be that there are enough gut piles in the area that they're not interested?

jbkebert
December 6, 2011, 11:20 PM
Very well could be. I am still pretty new at this game. I am enjoying it and learning as I go. I have never went along on a trapline before. Been talking with a buddy of mine who traps. So much like when I started deer hunting I fumbled around like a fool but paid attention and got pretty good at it.

I have a couple books one by the NTA and one given to me that is in pretty poor shape missing pages. Can anyone give me a clue to some good helpful books on trapping. Finding some info on the web but its been hit or miss.

jimmyraythomason
December 7, 2011, 12:14 PM
Try Tom Miranda's books and dvds <http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/tom-mirandas-professional-predator-trapping-dvd.aspx?a=316452>

Zombiphobia
December 7, 2011, 08:01 PM
I'd think a red fox pelt could fetch much more than a 20$ price range, especially if it's still soft and pliable...

472x1A/B
December 7, 2011, 11:18 PM
Good idea there jimmyraythomason. jbkebert you might want to pick up an issue of Fur Fish & Game, always good stories/ideas there too. Yes the ol fur trapping season is in most everywhere now. Fur, it's just like gas prices, up some times and down sometims. I've ran trap lines 1000 yards up to 75 miles. Bought fur for 15 years, and don't regret a single minute of it. Don't do any of it now, you have to be dedicated from the very first day till the last, or just love it for the outdoors. Try for every species, yes even skunks, to make any money. Put your own fur up and be proud of each hide.

I would do 700-1000 coon, 100-150 possum, 20-30 mink, 300-400 rats, 50-75 beaver. Depended alot on the weather how much fur there was. Alot of work with no one to help. Some times the wife would come out to comb fur and wipe hides for me. Could never get the kid to help, too busy playing video games. Everything is just sitting in the garage now. Too many irons in the fire. Hey good luck guys and be carefull out there.

jimmyraythomason
December 8, 2011, 03:25 PM
I will definitely second the Fur-Fish-Game magazine. Don't know why I didn't think of it first (especially since there are about 40 issues by my computer dating back to 1967). I actually had a copy open to "The Trapline" at the time I posted last.

jimmyraythomason
December 9, 2011, 12:59 PM
I picked up this nice male red fox this morning at a stump set. This set also produced a large female bobcat earlier.

472x1A/B
December 10, 2011, 09:15 AM
Nice catch. When you skin them out do you go all the way down to the toes? Was always told by North Amercian not to bother past the elbows. Just wandering.

jimmyraythomason
December 10, 2011, 02:14 PM
I do skin out the feet. I no longer skin the toes as I did in the mid 1970s. At that time I even left the claws on cat,mink and fox.

MCgunner
December 10, 2011, 03:23 PM
I actually had a copy open to "The Trapline" at the time I posted last.

I have a book by that name somewhere, probably up in the attic at the moment.

jimmyraythomason
December 12, 2011, 12:18 PM
I picked a couple of boar coon this morning. Both were caught in walk through sets for bobcat. Attractor was rabbit fur with cat gland lure.

langenc
December 16, 2011, 05:42 PM
for traps and supplies try fntpost.com---order will be shipped next day and will be on your back porch in couple days, depending on distance.

jimmyraythomason
December 19, 2011, 12:42 PM
I took this male otter this morning in a walk through set for bobcat. The set was the same that took the tom and a very large coon. It had been awhile since this set had connected so to spice it up a little, I sprinkled some shrimp shells over it yesterday and bingo! Trap was a Duke #1 1/2 coilspring. Front foot catch by 2 toes.

472x1A/B
December 19, 2011, 07:08 PM
Nice catch. Thanks for the picture, That ought to bring a fair price at auction time. The last I knew we can only catch 2 a season here in Ill..

jimmyraythomason
December 20, 2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks. This one (second of the year) fits the stretcher perfectly but the first one is too long for it by several inches. The boards are professionally made and are 58" in length. Thankfully,Alabama has no bag limit for trapping any furbearer but otter and bobcat must be tagged within 14 days of harvest(no matter how harvested or even roadkill) by a representative of ADFW.

jbkebert
December 20, 2011, 11:58 PM
Weird and sad morning on the trap line.

Last night the yotes were going flat nuts. I figured they finally found or got hungry and went after the boned out carcass from my sons deer. I had set the carcass along a drive path and set a total of 8 snares around it. 5 of the 8 snares had been knocked off the support wire. Two were pulled almost shut the rest just knocked down. Not a thing in the traps.

I moved on down the line into some timber. It was still dark but I was walking without a flashlight. Had it in my pocket but if you walk a trap line enough in the dark. Its about like getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Anyway I round this little bend and I catch a glimps of movement right to my side less than 3'. I jump to the side and peer and find its a hawk sitting on the ground. He rears up and spreads his wings and opens his mouth. Looking at me like I will tear you up. I used my flashlight and cell phone to capture a really horrible picture.
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww241/jbkebert/hawk1.jpg

I came up the path to find that I had snared another deer a very young one. Unfortunatly the yotes found the young deer before it could break the shear pin or before I could find it. All I found was hair a hind leg and a picked clean spine and rib cage. I won't post the pictures it tore me up pretty bad knowing that my trap caused the death of this deer. set was on a fence crossing in some pretty thick crap. Never would of imagined a deer would try and jump the fence here. :banghead:

Got done with the crime scene and was heading back to the truck. Now early day light I spot the hawk again sitting on a log about 15 yards from earlier. I headed to the house to get a real camera figuring the hawk was hurt. I got back and was not able to locate it again.

jimmyraythomason
December 21, 2011, 01:45 PM
I took this tom in a downpour today. Set was in a decayed stump baited with rabbit,Blackie's Blend "Lightfoot" bobcat gland lure and bobcat urine. Stump is no longer there thanks to the very angry cat!

langenc
December 23, 2011, 04:33 PM
Small beaver or the tenderloins from big ones is excellent eating.

With the whole carcass cook it in a bag just like a turkey. The loins can be cut into 1" pieces and fried in a HOT skillet w/ a little olive oil--not too long. Should be slightly pink in the middle and get it out. Overcooking makes em like rubberbands.

Most people that dont like venison over cook it. Tenderloins should be quite pink when eaten.

thomis
December 27, 2011, 08:20 PM
This is an awesome thread, I love trapping. I recently built a live-cath box trap and have caught fox, 'coon, 'possum, and on tonite's menu: wabbit

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb255/jtleamer/403926_10150459428513527_697538526_8620817_1748901592_n.jpg

a fox i caught "benext" to, as my daughter would say, the henhouse...

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb255/jtleamer/247627_10150199218238527_697538526_7072304_3445777_n.jpg

langenc
December 27, 2011, 09:58 PM
I moved on down the line into some timber. It was still dark but I was walking without a flashlight. Had it in my pocket but if you walk a trap line enough in the dark. Its about like getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Anyway I round this little bend and I catch a glimps of movement right to my side less than 3'. I jump to the side and peer and find its a hawk sitting on the ground. He rears up and spreads his wings and opens his mouth. Looking at me like I will tear you up. I used my flashlight and cell phone to capture a really horrible picture.

From above--
At night that was undoubtedly an owl rather than a hawk.

jbkebert
December 27, 2011, 11:11 PM
Nope. Not a owl it was a hawk. The cell phone picture is horrible but no doubt at all. I don't know if he flew into something and was hurt which was my initial thought. I saw it again in the light of day a little bit later. When I returned with a real camera I could not find it again.

The next night I hunted a stand in the same area in the wods. I saw a hawk that was flying but not strong like I woudl normally see. I assume something spooked it and it crashed into something early that morning. I did have a owl land in the same tree as my stand that night. Landed approx 8' from me along the large branch my bow holder is attached to. I must be doing something right in a stand if a owl doesn't pick me off and sits within spitting range for several minutes.

RinkRat
December 29, 2011, 05:06 PM
Zombiphobia

Haven't trapped in years, the furries just weren't buying like they used too, since faux became more politically correct and you can only mount so many. But I still got several conibears, coil, and some ancient victors stuffed in a box in a corner of my shed. Used to get muskrat, coon, rabbits, possums, even got some squirrels. I was always amazed at how tasty you could make a muskrat if you soaked it right. Always wanted to try for some beavers but we never did. We saw a large hole once and setup two traps. Came back the next day and we had one pissed off badger on our hands!! It got caught up in both traps and tangled itself up in one of the stakes. It chewed off one leg and was working on the other when we got to it. One of my buds was about to shoot it but we didn't want to ruin the pelt so the three of us flipped to see who was going to curb-it! Glad it wasn't me, I'll never forget the sounds that beast spitted out!!!

I'll trade you some trap-bait info for your secret deer-bait sauce :neener:

DM~
December 29, 2011, 05:55 PM
I've caught a few foxes in live traps,

http://fototime.com/79163C5F3012C38/orig.jpg

My dad has caught serveral more...

I get gobs of coons, oposuums and have caught mink, squirrels, wood chucks, rabbits, birds, cats and dogs also...

All depends on what i'm targeting... Never got a coyote, wish i could!

DM

jimmyraythomason
January 3, 2012, 06:26 PM
An Archer has to get within 10-40 yards of there prey.
A small game hunter has to be within shot gun range (generaly 10-50 Yards)
A rifle hunter has to be within 500 yards.

A trapper has to be within a 2"

Quote borrowed from Skipper on minktrapper.com

jimmyraythomason
January 4, 2012, 01:05 PM
Today's catch. Mink and coon were both taken in pocket sets baited with fish oil on a foam rubber pad. The beaver was taken in a channel set.

jimmyraythomason
January 5, 2012, 01:56 PM
This fair sized male thought he was going to check out an underwater beaver bank den! Surprise!

jimmyraythomason
January 14, 2012, 01:54 PM
I caught this medium beaver in an otter set(collapsed beaver bank den baited with rabbit). Trap was a #330 Duke body grip. This thread would be a whole lot more fun if others would post pics of their catches!

CmpsdNoMore
January 14, 2012, 02:26 PM
My father-in-law has trapped for a number of years. As part of my new years resolution to learn more bushcraft type skills, I'm going to take a trappers education class and hopefully help him run a couple of lines in the fall.

exbiologist
January 15, 2012, 07:35 PM
Dang shame we can't hardly trap here in Colorado. Great stuff jimmyraythompson, I've enjoyed keeping an eye on this thread.

Zombiphobia
January 17, 2012, 08:40 PM
This thread would be a whole lot more fun if others would post pics of their catches!

you want some opossum and housecat pictures? I can start posting those for ya.

Can't get rid of 'em.

jimmyraythomason
January 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
Taken this morning in a beaver bank den. Trap was a Duke #330 body grip.

jimmyraythomason
January 24, 2012, 06:07 PM
Taken in a channel run. #330 body grip trap.

jimmyraythomason
February 15, 2012, 03:59 PM
The season here is about over,only 5 more days,and I have all but quit for the year. I did take a large beaver and this white footed,pink nosed coon. This was a first for me. The coon isn't blonde and it isn't an albino. I have a half dozen or so blind sets for mink and an equal number for otter. I hope to pick up a couple more before season's end. Beaver in pic weighed 33 lbs.

jimmyraythomason
February 17, 2012, 12:43 PM
Caught this rascal in the same set as the 33 pounder but this one went 48 pounds. Just missed a mink at a pocket set under some tree roots. The #110 body grip trap had been fired but the jaws caught on some sticks and didn't close. Mink tracks were every where around it.:(

jimmyraythomason
February 18, 2012, 02:28 PM
Our season ends on Monday the 20th but we are expecting torrential rains tonight and tomorrow morning so I pulled the remainder of my line today. This little otter rounded out my season. Small but I'm happy to get him.

mcdonl
February 22, 2012, 09:55 PM
Here was my biggest beaver..... Stretched out it was big!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/mcdonl/bc518768.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/mcdonl/c173ed7a.jpg

Nice male fisher.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/mcdonl/4daafe19.jpg

And a beautiful stinker!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/mcdonl/9dd21a51.jpg

I caught a few more but the pictures are not that great.....

It was my first season and I am in love!! No hotels, but as with hunting them trapping them is tough!

jimmyraythomason
February 22, 2012, 10:48 PM
Great job,mcdonl! That's a great start! What did the biggest beaver measure? 65+inches squared is classed as "blanket" and commands the higher prices. NAFA reports blanket beaver (depending on section) are $40 and up. Many trappers set for years and never catch a fisher, congrats! ETA,I just checked NAFA and that fisher should go for about $100.

mcdonl
February 23, 2012, 08:01 AM
Problem I am having jummy is I am personally attached to them all now... lol...

Not sure what I am going to do, but I am following the "tanning step by step" thread over on trapperman though....

jimmyraythomason
February 23, 2012, 08:13 AM
I know what you mean. I'm saving out a couple of small coon and beaver for tanning too.

jimmyraythomason
March 1, 2012, 07:14 PM
Season is wrapped up here. I have an appointment with the fur buyer tomorrow. It's 3 hour drive round trip but he is the closest one. Final talley 19 coon(16 shown),8 beaver(6 shown),6 otter,4 bobs,2 reds and one mink. Looking forward to next season already!

jimmyraythomason
March 1, 2012, 07:19 PM
:o Forgot to load pictures....senior moment.

If you enjoyed reading about "Trapping" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!