My career long!

PDA

suzukisam
November 16, 2011, 03:09 PM
Well opening weekend here in MO was less than ideal weather. but my practice paid off. I had a doe wander out at about 400 yrds, and I watched her for just a second and when she was about to exit onto another property, I got her in the sights and let my custom LR-243 sing. I held high behind the shoulder I'm about 1.5" low at 300... so I held a little high.. the shot rang out, and a flash of white went through my scope..

After a couple hours we climbed out of our elevated box blind (aka..the deer condo) and walked to the fence row where she had been standing, and there she lay didn't take a single step. the 85gr barnes tsx shattered her heart and dropped her to the ground DRT.. I pulled out my range finder, and ranged back to the condo.. 325 yrds, my career long shot!

Wow what a sense or accomplishment, I have spent hours shooting at 300-400, and to deliver a textbook shot at 325 was great! I know for some that is no big deal, but for me it was great!

If you enjoyed reading about "My career long!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Friendly, Don't Fire!
November 16, 2011, 03:11 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!
Excellent shot, indeed!

Also, it shows what a good bullet the Barnes TSX is! I am using those more and more in all my guns!

thomis
November 16, 2011, 10:31 PM
Excellent shot. And I love the .243.

suzukisam
November 17, 2011, 05:14 PM
I really think that the 243 is very underrated. I think bullet selection makes a big difference too, but a heavy 6mm is a great bullet.

If you enjoyed reading about "My career long!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!