Kahr CM/PM 9 vs...

PDA

Smythley
November 18, 2011, 09:42 AM
How many of you carry this pocket carry, in a pocket holster?

I love 1911's. I'd like to carry one, but it just seems that pocket carry is the most convenient and easiest method of carry. I'm a big guy 6'4" 225, but I just can't figure out how to cram a 1911 in my pocket. I do drool over the colt defender everytime I get to hold one though...

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr CM/PM 9 vs..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kokapelli
November 18, 2011, 10:34 AM
When I carry my PM9 it's in a DeSantis SuperFly pocket holster.

2wheels
November 18, 2011, 10:37 AM
Are you against carrying a .380? Cause the best way to cram a 1911 in your pocket is to buy a Sig P238/Colt Mustang.

Either that or buy reeaaaalllly big pants.

JustSomeDude
November 18, 2011, 10:55 AM
It's all about the right pair of pants. Make sure the pocket is large enough to hold the gun, and the opening is large enough for a good draw. Also, definitely use a pocket holster that covers the trigger.

ETA: I was referring to the Kahr CM/PM9 ;)

AJChenMPH
November 18, 2011, 11:05 AM
I was never able to really comfortably pocket-carry my PM9, but I also acknowledge that my size (6'0", 175 lbs) and my mode of dress (pants aren't tight, but they're definitely not gangsta-baggy) didn't lend well to pocket-carrying a PM9. You may be able to pull it off better than me...

Smythley
November 18, 2011, 12:28 PM
I had looked at the P238, but just wasn't sure about pocket carry with a Single Action. Maybe that is silly, but I don't mind carrying cocked and locked in a holster. How do you guys carry the P238?

Just left the gunstore, and tried a PM9 in my pocket. My experience was similar to Andy's, in that I could pocket carry, but not easily.

hardluk1
November 18, 2011, 12:39 PM
I don't want to carry a SA in a pocket or any where else for CC and I find most small 380 are too small for me get a quick a controled grip on. If I moved a 380 size up to a bersa thunder or ppk then I might as well carry a 9mm. I have carried a taurus 85ss for 20 years then a KTpf-9 for 2 1/2 and now a cm9 kahr. I also use a desantis pocket holster. Works fine for me but I do tend to wear jeans or columbia pants. They are a looser fit. I like the cm fine and it is very controlable. If you don't pocket carry it will take some time to get use to it to start to feel normal. I would feel like you if I had a full sized pistol in a IWB holster.

The Lone Haranguer
November 18, 2011, 01:37 PM
I carried one, in a Mika pocket holster. You want a large pocket like that of a cargo or Carhartt "Hamilton Pant," but it was comfortable, accessible and unobtrusive in those. In jeans it was a little tight.

kokapelli
November 18, 2011, 01:42 PM
Things would have to get pretty bad before I let the size of a gun dictate how I dress.

2wheels
November 18, 2011, 03:27 PM
I had looked at the P238, but just wasn't sure about pocket carry with a Single Action. Maybe that is silly, but I don't mind carrying cocked and locked in a holster. How do you guys carry the P238?

Just left the gunstore, and tried a PM9 in my pocket. My experience was similar to Andy's, in that I could pocket carry, but not easily.
In a Galco pocket holster. I don't see why people freak out because really it's no different than carrying a SA in any other location, the holster covers the trigger and trust me, that safety is not going to get disengaged in your pocket.

If you get a chance to shoot one, they're sweet shooters for being so small.

hardluk1
November 19, 2011, 08:39 AM
kokapelli Know one cares how or what you carry.

kokapelli
November 19, 2011, 09:15 AM
kokapelli Know one cares how or what you carry.
What makes you think anyone cares what you carry?

grimjaw
November 19, 2011, 09:25 AM
Only way I ever found the PM9 reasonable in a pocket was a large jacket pocket or cargo pants pocket. I switched to a J-frame for that reason; holsters weren't working really in combination with motorcycle riding gear.

hardluk1
November 19, 2011, 03:18 PM
kokapelli You have size issues?hehe

rich642z
November 19, 2011, 03:28 PM
I carry something alot better than the Kahr 9s,A Ruger LC9 with at least 4 mags in my vest for primary carry.

Choclabman
November 19, 2011, 03:37 PM
I carry a CM9 in a Recluse pocket holster when wearing cargo shorts or pants.
When wearing jeans, I sometimes carry the CM9 in a Silent Thunder IWB.

However, if carrying IWB I much prefer my Kahr K9 in a Silent Thunder.

340PD
November 19, 2011, 04:11 PM
No issues with this one at all.

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9258

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/gnystrom_photos/front.jpg

kokapelli
November 19, 2011, 04:43 PM
kokapelli You have size issues?hehe
I've never had any complaints when it comes to size:p

verdun59
November 19, 2011, 05:04 PM
Are you a Penn State grad ?

kokapelli
November 19, 2011, 07:06 PM
No but I survived 15 years in San Francisco. Of course I was warned early on that if I dropped my keys to always kick them over to a wall before I picked them up.;)

One78Shovel
November 20, 2011, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdun59

No but I survived 15 years in San Francisco. Of course I was warned early on that if I dropped my keys to always kick them over to a wall before I picked them up.

:uhoh:

Tinpig
November 20, 2011, 09:08 PM
How do you guys carry the P238?

I carry it in the hard plastic waistband clip holster that came with it. The trigger is completely enclosed and the holster and pistol ride perfectly on your hip. I find I can carry it either inside or outside the waistband depending on what I'm wearing. Incredibly comfortable carry pistol.

Tinpig

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr CM/PM 9 vs..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!