Bersa 97

PDA

presspuller
November 19, 2011, 10:38 AM
I have a Bersa 97 that appears to be in decent condition but it does a weird thing. If one releases the safety, you still can't pull the trigger till the pistol is tipped 90 degrees to the left and then the trigger can be pulled to fire. Obviously there is something on the inside catching but I know not what. Any ideas?
Also how does this thing come apart, I don't have a manual.
Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bersa 97" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DanTheFarmer
November 19, 2011, 05:48 PM
Good Evening,

I've got a couple of leads for you.

1. Try asking your questions over at www.bersachat.com. They're good people and they have various sub-forums where you can (hopefully) find someone who knows about your out of production model.

2. I've got a current production model BT380 that a similar exterior appearance so perhaps the internals are similar as well. Try removing the right grip panel. I had problems with a magazine disconnect safety spring on my pistol. When I removed the panel it was obvious even to this non-mechanically inclined person what the problem was and the fix was equally obvious. Perhaps you will luck out as well and it isn't much of a bother even if it doesn't work out.

Good Luck,

Dan

NG VI
November 19, 2011, 06:02 PM
My CZ 97 did that once, there was a screw inside the frame, behind the trigger guard, that needed tightening. After tightening it everything was fine. Check for something similiar in yours.

presspuller
November 19, 2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks guys, it was the mag safety. Got it all fixed and its good to go.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bersa 97" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!