Our Illinois handgun hunting laws, you gotta laugh!

PDA

BCCL
November 21, 2011, 07:13 PM
Here in Illinois, I could deer hunt using a .44 magnum Ruger Blackhawk with a custom 22" barrel, but cannot use a .44 magnum H&R Handi-Rifle with the same barrel length............

:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Our Illinois handgun hunting laws, you gotta laugh!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Trent
November 21, 2011, 07:17 PM
Dude, don't even get me started on Illinois' bull**** hunting laws.

I own 104 firearms (it's not a hobby, it's a certifiable PROBLEM here!)

Of those, exactly FOUR of them are legal to hunt with here. An old Browning A5 humpback, my Remington 1100, a 22LR Ruger Mk 3, and a Ruger 10/22.

Unless you count Coyote. I can hunt those with my 50 BMG year round.

It's no small coincidence that I like to hunt coyotes.

JEB
November 21, 2011, 08:25 PM
i never did understand handgun hunting laws. here in iowa i can legally hunt deer with my glock 22 with 16 rounds on tap but i cant hunt with a single shot T/C contender in 30-30. :scrutiny:

NOLAEMT
November 21, 2011, 08:26 PM
I would REALLY like to see a picture of your blackhawk, if you have one?

Pretty Please!

BCCL
November 21, 2011, 10:06 PM
That would be a cool custom blackhawk wouldn't it!! Mounted in a ground blind! :)

BCCL
November 21, 2011, 10:07 PM
Trent that's another one that boggles the mind, we could use a .30-06 with a 50 round magazine for Coyote here, but not a singe shot one for deer?????

If you enjoyed reading about "Our Illinois handgun hunting laws, you gotta laugh!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!