Nutria Hunting in Tennessee?

PDA

Renegade304
November 24, 2011, 09:45 PM
i was wondering where I could go hunt some nutria. I keep hearing about how certain parts of Tennessee are overrun with them, but I don't know where to go, as I never hear of any body hunting them.
If Tennessee is no good where close by would be a good nutria hunting destination.

Also, if anyone has any experience hunting them:
How many can you expect to take in a day. I've seen a lot of video of people basically sitting on one bank of a wetland and blasting on the other bank, is this accurate? I could see my aging father being able to do and enjoy this also.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nutria Hunting in Tennessee?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hardluk1
November 26, 2011, 12:00 PM
Off and airboat in LA ,,thousands a day in the marsh. I do think they have a limit for non res. Contact tennesse fish and game bio or officers and find out more about problem area.

Gunnerboy
November 26, 2011, 07:45 PM
i hunt em in washington for the pelts softest little furballs out there easy to skin and tan also, when i go i just bring my 22 and hunt em around early morning like a hour before light until its light out, so good luck to you kill em all.

22-rimfire
November 28, 2011, 07:01 PM
I would suspect they are in the west TN area around the Mississippi and perhaps some of the rivers that discharge into the Mississippi.

You need to think of them as a big muskrat. They will not survive long outside of a swampy lowland area.

But I have never heard of a nutria issue in TN.

kbbailey
November 28, 2011, 07:47 PM
I saw a hunting show on tv where they literally couldn't keep their magazines loaded because they were shooting so much. It looked like fun . La I think. Wherever it was...there was a bounty on the nutria.

If you enjoyed reading about "Nutria Hunting in Tennessee?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!