Process to move into state with an AOW

PDA

40CalFireGuy
November 25, 2011, 05:45 PM
Considering undertaking the process to acquire an AOW, but as my wife and I may be moving to Massachusetts (Carver/Plymouth area) in the next several years for family reasons, I'm really interested in finding out the requirements and legality of bringing a legal AOW from out of state in with me. Can it be done? How? Right now, I live in Virginia and don't forsee any problems with my CLEO here... but spending the time and money on a preferred HD/collection weapon looses some of its appeal if the uptight laws there are just going to put me in a position to sell it off.

If you enjoyed reading about "Process to move into state with an AOW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rjrivero
November 25, 2011, 06:32 PM
According to guntrustlawyers, Mass. Allows AOW's. All you would need to do is file a 5320.20 for permanent change of address in order to take it with you into Massachusetts. You need to allow for at least 4 weeks for your 5320.20 before you can move the AOW permanently.

However, since you don't NEED a 5320.20 to temporarily take an AOW across state lines, who's really to know that you're moving....

40CalFireGuy
November 26, 2011, 06:38 AM
@rjrivero That is great news. Thanks for your help!

If you enjoyed reading about "Process to move into state with an AOW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!