Lage M-11/22 .22LR conversion for Cobray/SWD M11/9

PDA

1KPerDay
November 27, 2011, 01:18 AM
Introduction, discussion of some issues, and initial shoot, for those interested. Seems to be worth the dough (and the year-long wait) so far... it's a clever design, basically a barrel/chamber sleeve (with integral ejector plate) that slips into the existing upper, and a .22 bolt and recoil spring (and mags). It uses Ruger 10/22 extractors and guts. With the ammo it likes it's been pretty reliable for the first couple hundred rounds. Running a 9mm suppressor (Lage disclaims the use of .22 suppressors on these because of concerns about baffle strikes due to non-centered barrel inserts) it's been flawless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZj1o0w7Yb0

If you enjoyed reading about "Lage M-11/22 .22LR conversion for Cobray/SWD M11/9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1KPerDay
November 30, 2011, 02:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SqFJosMmN4

further evaluation with supersonic and subsonic ammo, suppressed and non-suppressed.

ultradoc
November 30, 2011, 09:44 AM
You guys are having too much fun!!

1KPerDay
November 30, 2011, 02:08 PM
:D

It is really cool. With the MAX-11 upper it would probably be more functional/useful, but as it is it's a heck of a lot of fun. Can't hit anything with it really, but... :cool:

So far the Remington Subsonic looks to be a good choice for quiet/suppressor use... I've asked AWC about whether they will even clean/service a 9mm suppressor that's been filled with lead/lube/crap from running .22s through it. Waiting to hear back.

LiquidTension
December 3, 2011, 11:32 AM
I received an email last year that my Max-11/22 conversion was ready. Some lucky person got theirs sooner than expected since I had to sell my M/11 and Max-11 upper back in '08 :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Lage M-11/22 .22LR conversion for Cobray/SWD M11/9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!