Taurus sights

PDA

P-38
December 2, 2011, 02:24 PM
Hello all, New guy P-38, I have 2 Taurus hand guns and am looking for sights for both. Example Tru-Dot Novaks, Trijicon, Meprolight are the manufacturers I'm interested in. I like the glow in the dark kind. My model's are some what dated but they are new to me, bought in the last year at Gun shows. Price is a concern as I'm sure for most of us but I'm finding it hard to locate sites that have my model's sights or that can locate them.
I'm almost thinking I should contact the manufacturer and ask if they would be willing to install their product in my OEM sights if I sent them. I'm sure for a price maybe one or two would?
Here are my models; PT 24/7 PRO C DS .40 cal. + PT 917B C 9mm.
Anybody that has some experience putting sights on and finding a deal would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
45crittergitter
December 21, 2011, 03:40 PM
Novak's, Brownell's, Dawson Precision, and Heinie all have various Taurus tritium sights, some of which may fit yours. I know they all have them for 24/7 OSS Tacticals. For dovetail sights using tritium, you or your gunsmith are recommended to use a sight pusher instead of a hammer and punch, as the makers are nervous about you breaking the tritium vial by tapping the sights in place, thus releasing the radioactive tritium gas. You can usually just send your pistol slide to the sight supplier and have them install, without the high cost of shipping a handgun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!