Man In Standoff After Putting Bullet In Shop's Gun

PDA

starfuryzeta
February 3, 2004, 04:53 PM
http://www.local6.com/news/2814808/detail.html

Police in Daytona Beach, Fla., are involved in a standoff with a man who reportedly walked into an Army-Navy store, asked for a gun and then dropped a bullet inside the chamber, according to Local 6 News.

Police said the unidentified man is holed up inside G.I. Jeff's Army-Navy store located at 936 W. International Speedway Blvd.

The man reportedly walked into the military store and asked for a .45-caliber gun, Local 6 News reported. He then put a bullet in the gun and threatened to shoot himself, Local 6 News reported.

The customers and owner left the store and called police.

A witness said he heard at least one shot fired inside the store.

Sky 6 filmed police surrounding the building and attempting to make contact with the man.

Police have closed International Speedway Boulevard between Nova Road and Adams Street.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Sounds like "Death by gunshop" may yet strike again. :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Man In Standoff After Putting Bullet In Shop's Gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mizzoutiger
February 3, 2004, 04:59 PM
Why can't people just have the common courtesy to off themselves in the privacy of their own homes?:mad:

Jarrod Hartsfield
February 3, 2004, 06:02 PM
What an Idiot

Hkmp5sd
February 3, 2004, 06:05 PM
Wasn't a threat. He did it. At least he didn't take anyone with him.

Jim March
February 3, 2004, 06:17 PM
As our own Quarterboregunner can attest, this may be bad but it can get a LOT worse :eek:.

This clown appears to have ONLY been suicidal, not homicidal.

Standing Wolf
February 3, 2004, 06:59 PM
Good thing it was just a bullet rather than a cartridge: someone could have been hurt.

clubsoda22
February 3, 2004, 07:01 PM
If i was the shop owner i'd probably tell the guy to get on with it or get the hell out of my shop.

Stickjockey
February 3, 2004, 07:01 PM
SW, I was just thinking the same thing.

If you enjoyed reading about "Man In Standoff After Putting Bullet In Shop's Gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!