Wait Time On Dealer To Dealer Transfer?

PDA

Mot45acp
December 11, 2011, 11:20 PM
I recently completed a trade for an Osprey that is currently on a form 3. Paperwork was sent a month ago and no word. My understanding was that this should normally be a 3 week ordeal. I've normally just bought in stock suppressors, that I could just send in for that day. Never done it like this.

Any thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Wait Time On Dealer To Dealer Transfer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bubbles
December 11, 2011, 11:53 PM
Two to eight weeks, with three being average. The NFA game is one of patience.

Prince Yamato
December 12, 2011, 10:05 AM
Not to hijack. I understand form 3s are dealer to dealer, but is there some sort of background check that goes on with these that takes time or is it just a simple matter of a signature saying, "ok, you're a class 3 ffl, you're good to transfer"?

USMACHINEGUN.COM
January 5, 2012, 10:14 AM
dealer to dealer should only take a couple of weeks as it is typically faxed, not mailed. Ours have been two weeks or so but your dealer has to get on it and fax it, not sit on the paperwork.

Zak Smith
January 5, 2012, 11:44 AM
18-24 months ago we were getting 10 day door to door Form 3's,

Now we're averaging 30-45 days. Ouch.

MrM4
January 5, 2012, 12:30 PM
2 weeks to two months.

RANGERRON72
January 12, 2012, 10:25 PM
Have had good luck here in Colorado, our guy was efficient. Depends upon your examiner, and the workload for that geographical area he/she covers.

FWIW

Chopdoktor
January 12, 2012, 11:45 PM
Here in central OH, my dealer said he's been seeing up to 6 week transfers. I just ordered an AAC SDN-6 this afternoon. I expect to have it by Independence Day, if all goes as it currently seems to be :-(

GoingQuiet
January 13, 2012, 12:31 AM
Three weeks is about right.

GoingQuiet
January 13, 2012, 12:32 AM
Not to hijack. I understand form 3s are dealer to dealer, but is there some sort of background check that goes on with these that takes time or is it just a simple matter of a signature saying, "ok, you're a class 3 ffl, you're good to transfer"?
Class 3 is not an FFL, it is a tax bracket.

But yeah, thats basically it. Its essentially a formality.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wait Time On Dealer To Dealer Transfer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!