First 50 rounds

PDA

7075-T7
December 17, 2011, 05:08 PM
my first 50 reloads

Remington once fired brass (Rem UMC factory), 200gr Hornady xtp, 16.4gr blue-dot, CCI300 primer, 1.601" OAL

Too bad I can't be behind some sandbags when I let the hammer fall :D

Thanks to all for the help!

If you enjoyed reading about "First 50 rounds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
k4swb
December 17, 2011, 05:26 PM
I put on a heavy glove and stuck my left arm/hand out the back door and pulled the trigger on my first cylinder full of .44 magnums about 30 years ago. Since I am very much right handed I thought I'd just risk the left hand/arm. Didn't even look, just pointed it at the ground and pulled the trigger. I need not have worried.

I've had exactly 2 squibs since, a few bad primers and not one, knock on wood, overcharge.
I have bought very little factory ammo except in .22lr in that 30 years, and I do mean very little. Probably less than 300 rounds total and that is used for keeping in my bedside gun.

If it cost me exactly the same money to reload as factory ammo costs, I'd still reload.

I have numerous firearms that have never fired a factory round at all.

Hondo 60
December 17, 2011, 11:37 PM
Congrats!
I think I prayed all the way to the range, hoping I didn't screw up somehow. :D

But it's a blast (pun intended).

Seedtick
December 17, 2011, 11:52 PM
my first 50 reloads

Congratulations!

:cool:

Now go empty em so you can load em again.

Seedtick

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "First 50 rounds" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!