Looking for thompson 1927 replica need help.

PDA

megatronrules
January 28, 2003, 08:50 PM
I am looking a thompson 1927 replica gun they were made in the 70's or 80's I beleive and made by modelgun corparation of japan. they are all metal and wood constuction and fired blanks I believe.

I saw one a couple years back and am wondering what they go for and how hard they are to find? Also any additional help would be great to. Are they any web site for this replica thompson? I coulden't find any. Thanks for any help

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for thompson 1927 replica need help." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dan Morris
January 28, 2003, 09:00 PM
Don't know about replicas...simiauto versions by Auto Ordinance
can be found on Auctionarms all day for about $800.
Dan

dfariswheel
January 28, 2003, 09:53 PM
I don't think these are available in the states any more.
The last place to have them is/was in Alexandria Virginia.

At one time, they sold a large variety of replica guns, including the Thompson.

I think they are still in business, but I don't think they have any more. Sorry, I can't remember their name, but they used to advertise in the gun magazines.

I think there are several air soft M1 Thompson replicas being made in Japan. Try a internet search.

As for the Thompson 1928 replica, start haunting Ebay, just about everything shows up there.

Also, advertise on the "Wanted/for sale" forums on the gun boards. Likely somebody will either have one, or know where to get one.

Hkmp5sd
January 28, 2003, 10:11 PM
I know they stopped allowing them into the country back around the early to mid-80's but I don't remember why. You see one pop up every once and a while in an auction, but they aren't cheap.

If you want an alternative, Philadelphia Ordnance Inc (http://www.philaord.com/products/m1928.html) makes replicas built on 80% milled receievers. I'm not sure what the actual ATF approval process is, but they can then be turned into blank firing replicas. Not bad for $275.

http://www.philaord.com/images/products/M1928A-mast.jpg

Kahr carrier
January 29, 2003, 09:53 AM
Try EBAY.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for thompson 1927 replica need help." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!