Slide-Fire (simulated full auto) WOW

PDA

mopar92
January 9, 2011, 09:22 AM
Just saw a video of the slide stock, bumpfire tool on YouTube... Not saying I want one... But it's controversial to say the least...

If you enjoyed reading about "Slide-Fire (simulated full auto) WOW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jnitti1014
January 9, 2011, 11:35 AM
I got one, but have not installed or tried it yet.

mopar92
January 9, 2011, 04:56 PM
I saw a YouTube video of a stock called Slide Stock... Kind of an Akins accelerator, but BATFE approved... It's for an AR15...

straitnate14
January 9, 2011, 05:30 PM
post a link to the video

Big Boy
January 9, 2011, 05:36 PM
5 seconds on google ;)

http://slidefiresolutions.com/Product-SSAR-15.html

straitnate14
January 9, 2011, 05:42 PM
yeah yeah... I'm lazy;)

rodensouth
January 9, 2011, 06:58 PM
That looks FUN! I want one, but am nervous BATFE might change their minds and I'd loose my money.

How long you guys think this will stay legal?

mopar92
January 9, 2011, 07:00 PM
It will be legal... Nothing trigger related..

RhinoDefense
January 9, 2011, 07:13 PM
It will be legal... Nothing trigger related..
They said the same thing about the Atkins Accelerator. Look how that turned out.

mopar92
January 9, 2011, 07:40 PM
Well, the Akins thing was a little different... Plus this is 300, not $1000

RhinoDefense
January 9, 2011, 07:50 PM
Price has nothing to do with whether the ATF determines if it's a machine gun or not.

Mark my words. The ATF will reverse this and declare it a machine gun. Just wait.

mopar92
January 9, 2011, 08:01 PM
But you'd be out 300, not 1K if they do reverse it!

mopar92
January 10, 2011, 03:37 PM
What happened to all the other posts?

zhyla
January 10, 2011, 04:06 PM
Controversial? Meh.

Zerodefect
January 10, 2011, 04:20 PM
My AR's have a dual purpose. Fun, and defense. I can't let myself own one just for fun, too expensive, waste of $.

So I'm going to pass on this stock. Last thing I need is my serious gun bumpfireing from my shoulder when I don't want it to.

Clever idea.

RockyMtnTactical
January 10, 2011, 06:08 PM
I've heard they are pretty "cheap", and I am not talking about the price.

giggitygiggity
April 8, 2011, 08:49 PM
Check out the Slidefire SSAR15. Apparently, it is a stock that you can add to your AR15 that automatically bumpfires for you so you can maintain the proper sight alignment and stance. Has anyone used one before? Is it as easy to use as it looks? If so, you can basically have a legal full auto AR. Thanks.

JDMorris
April 8, 2011, 08:59 PM
I think this has been beaten to death on here..

giggitygiggity
April 8, 2011, 09:11 PM
Well if that's the case, you must be an expert and won't mind sharing your infinite wisdom.

JDMorris
April 8, 2011, 09:15 PM
Use the search option, I personally haven't given any thought to something that will probably be outlawed one day, but it seems to be a simple way to waste money and decrease accuracy.
<merged>

451 Detonics
April 8, 2011, 10:12 PM
I figure if you got money to waste doing all that bump firing you should be able to afford FA...lol. All someone did was copy the old Atkins Accelerator concept and deleted the springs. The Adkins designed was added to the NFA bad list because the bat boys decided the spring acted as a mechanical trigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P8AbTKvykE

JDMorris
April 8, 2011, 11:54 PM
Yes sir, it will be on the banned list soon enough, if you want full auto just get a SF lower, that way you will still have accuracy, and a good stock.

Sam1911
April 9, 2011, 07:44 AM
<Merged>

gbran
December 18, 2011, 10:43 PM
This link takes you to an AR system that is as close to full auto (legal) as you can get. There is a video at the link.

http://www.slidefiresolutions.com/Product-SSAR-15.html

I got to get me one of these, assuming CA doesn't ben them.

BigMag
December 18, 2011, 10:50 PM
If you think thats cool, look at the video on you tube of the Saiga 12 using the new AK style stock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eft4hL74M4g
From the looks of it Atlantic Firearms is going to be selling them. I like just like ogling the guns on their site and found this.
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1064.aspx
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/data/default/images/catalog/large/ssak.jpg

tyeo098
December 18, 2011, 10:50 PM
Did you even try and search for SSAR-15?

ApacheCoTodd
December 18, 2011, 10:53 PM
Hell - I can just about afford to feed these things in semi-auto. At that I use 20 round mags. Cool device though.

gbran
December 18, 2011, 10:56 PM
Did you even try and search for SSAR-15?

As a matter of fact I did, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. I went to search, typed in SSAR-15.

rcmodel
December 18, 2011, 11:20 PM
WOW is right!

Full Auto = A way to miss more and run out of ammo faster!

BTDT, and got the OD green T-Shirt in 1968.

rc

gbran
December 18, 2011, 11:23 PM
Full Auto = A way to miss more and run out of ammo faster!

I could only justify this for shear fun........ very expensive funs, as another poster stated. For a Zombie attack, I'd need drum mags.

ifit
December 19, 2011, 01:00 AM
ordered one for a friend, and yes sure gets big smiles and wows from everyone, and sure is fun. but they dont realize how much$$ went down the pipe in such a short period of time, thats why i prefer 2-3 round bursts. i might just pick up one for my ar and ak, just in case the BATF decide to change their minds.

just in case you missed this one:cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cozmt5fWghk&feature=BFa&list=UU0J4Hp6XTsi5hinmdhpOWAA&lf=plcp

Lloyd Smale
December 19, 2011, 07:16 AM
makes me really want a saiga!!

SharpsDressedMan
December 19, 2011, 07:18 AM
A nice non-NFA option. I'm always looking for ways to tick of the neighbors. :D

Sam1911
December 19, 2011, 07:36 AM
<Merged>

JHenry
December 19, 2011, 07:37 AM
i can help but think a polymer stock that slides back and forth is going to ruin an Ar-15s accuracy.

Captain33036
December 19, 2011, 08:42 AM
A friend has had one for a while and I got the chance to shoot it this past weekend.

Up front must say that the WOW factor and SMILE factor are big. It is F U N.

Of couse a lot of ammo goes down the pipe, very quickly. And that can be $. But you can keep this within some ...sort of ..reason. He buys bulk and it is about $0.30 per round. We did 4 mags. I did short bursts through 3 mags. FUN. He clipped off one mag full auto and we share another one. So, all in all 120 rounds burned, but it was fun and the fun lasted a few min.

As to the issues:

Control: I was actually surprised. I had no training with SlideFire (though know my way around an AR quite well), was just told what to do once and found that I could easily control the weapon. Short bursts were not a problem, even right off the bat.

Accuracy: Seemed to be very good....considering we are at full auto.

And there is a simple knob to turn to lock the device and keep the weapon in semi-auto. That worked fine as well.

Barrel DOES get hot...but you knew that.

I think it would be very interesting to try this with a 9mm AR. I had one...but sold it before we could do this. I think that is where this would excel.

Anyway...no connection to the company...not going to get one for myself...just wanted to add some real life info to the thread. My friend is satisfied with the cost and capability.

My best to all

J

[Note added: my friend tried it with the .22lr conversion bolt...do not think it worked. There are reports that it does work with a dedicated .22lr upper and my friend is probably going to go that route to reduce costs, or get an M&P15-22. Should be fun]

AR-15 Rep
December 19, 2011, 08:49 AM
Very nice design however, seems like it would be a hammer on your shoulder.

JustinJ
December 19, 2011, 08:58 AM
If they get an AK version up and running the price of spraying surplus 7N6 wouldn't be too bad. And yeah, if it works with a saiga 12 they will ban it as things that fun just aren't allowed.

BigMag
December 19, 2011, 09:16 PM
Saw on AR15.com (I hope mention another forum is not against the rules) that Atlantic has a demo unit and are going to make some more video of an AK with a 75 round drum and a Saiga 12 with a 20 round drum, so that should be crazy. Looks like we will be able to get them around the first of the year or so. The model is SSAK-47 if you want to search it around.

Robert
December 19, 2011, 09:45 PM
Meh. I bet it is a lot of fun and a good way to turn money into noise but I have more fun actually hitting targets. I'd rather hit slow than miss fast. But again it looks like it might be fun though I would never spend my money on one.

Tempest 455
December 19, 2011, 10:24 PM
[Note added: my friend tried it with the .22lr conversion bolt...do not think it worked. There are reports that it does work with a dedicated .22lr upper and my friend is probably going to go that route to reduce costs, or get an M&P15-22. Should be fun]

If it worked with .22 conversion, slam dunk I would get one. However, probably not for .223.

Leathermarshmallow
December 19, 2011, 10:55 PM
I would love to have one for my Saiga 12. I have seen videos with this stock on a M&P 15-22 and it appears to work. Pretty cool for a .22lr

Friendly, Don't Fire!
December 20, 2011, 12:25 AM
What would happen, say, if there happened to be a squib load where the bullet ends up stuck halfway down the barrel?

With normal semi-auto shooting, no big deal, just stop pulling the trigger and see what happened when you heard a very quiet cartridge going off.

When you add this much speed, I would think one would want to make sure the ammo they are using is going to go BANG, first time, every time.

It gives me the willies to think of how catastrophic firing a round would be with a bullet already lodged somewhere within the barrel.

I think I will just stick to slow-fire semi-auto firing.;)

kb58
December 20, 2011, 12:06 PM
"Legal" or not, I wouldn't want the attention it gets in non full-auto legal states. Regardless, it would do little good around here when all the ranges prohibit firing faster than one shot per second.

bryank30
December 20, 2011, 12:37 PM
The stock is fun, I live in the Great State of Texas, it makes my AR full auto and all is fine. I'm not with all the alarmist type of people or maybe they just live in the wrong party of the country to have guns.

essayons21
December 20, 2011, 02:43 PM
What would happen, say, if there happened to be a squib load where the bullet ends up stuck halfway down the barrel?

The same thing that would happen if you were shooting a full-auto.

Squib loads usually don't have enough energy to cycle the action. In an AR, the bullet would have to at least pass the gas port to even have a chance of cycling the action, putting the danger well in front of the shooters face.

marine 97-03
December 20, 2011, 11:26 PM
My local gun smith said the atf won't touch these because its a stock....and a hole new set of rules would have to be put in place and the can of worms that would be....

kb58
December 21, 2011, 12:03 AM
That may be, but being hauled into the sheriff's office everytime you use the thing has to get old. Legal or not it's going to scare people - people that vote.

Dmitri Popov
December 21, 2011, 01:25 AM
No offense but if we limit ourselves to only using things that won't scare people, well, Spit wad launchers just aren't what they used to be...

SWAT1911
December 21, 2011, 02:44 AM
You can do the exact same thing with a .02 cent rubber-band.
YouTube poor mans machine gun. I would post it but I'm on my phone.

pktrkt
December 21, 2011, 02:51 AM
For what it's worth the stocks come with an ATF letter saying they ok the stock. At a gun show they were checked out by some local sheriffs dept and apparently they made some phone calls and came back and said that in fact they were legal and the letter accompanying them were legit. Now this was in Oklahoma so another state may be different. YMMV

DoubleMag
December 21, 2011, 07:44 AM
In regards to ATF wouldn't there be a grandfather clause if in fact there was a new ruling in the future?

The whole SSF thing is interesting to say the least

gfanikf
December 21, 2011, 09:20 AM
In regards to ATF wouldn't there be a grandfather clause if in fact there was a new ruling in the future?

The whole SSF thing is interesting to say the least

I thought that wasn't the case with the Atkins switch.

Oh any idea if a mini 14 one might be in the works?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Lloyd Smale
December 21, 2011, 09:22 AM
I live in a rural area where "everybody knows my name" when i first got mine I brought it to the local sheriffs ofice and to the state police post and showed it to them and showed them the letter. Figured it would save them a trip to my range some day when someone called in. Ive yet to have anyone call it as a matter of fact most days someone hears it and shows up out of curiosity. Even guys from the sheriffs dept have showed up to shoot it and they all had a hoot doing it. A couple of them have since bought them for there own guns. Id love to have a saiga with one. Only thing that makes me nervous is its only going to take one idiot with one on an ak to act the fool to give the antis ammo to get rid of them. DO ANYTHING with a ak and its automaticaly that evil weapons fault in this country.

Elbert P . Suggins
December 21, 2011, 03:05 PM
I bought my slide-fire last week and it is on a Bushmaster. It was easy to mount and it is holding up fine. Accuracy is not bad at all for a 3 round burst. With 15 inches at 50 yards for three rounds to me is not bad at all. You have to remember to push firmly ahead with your left hand on the forestock, up against the shoulder firmly with your right hand, concentrate, and hold on. The recoil is not brutal in the 223. Ammo use is not bad unless you just dump mags one after another and what fun is that?:) They have a switch on the stock to select semi-auto which locks the stock slide up and it works just like the original. They are expensive, but so are alot of playthings for big boys. And like one poster said, if you get a squib, there would not be gas up to the port to chamber another round. I give it thumbs up!!!! And yes, the neighbors down the road will come and investigate and don't be surprised if the deputy rolls up within an hour to look it over. He will also want to shoot it and buy his own after wiping the smile off his face.

BigMag
January 3, 2012, 10:28 PM
Atlantic Firearms is now taking orders for the SSAK 47 stock. It was explained to me that they will being shipping next week, so I ordered mine. Im sure I'll need more ammo too.:what:

Dane17
January 3, 2012, 11:42 PM
They work as advertised. I put one on our beater/loaner AR with a 60 round surefire mag and it's a hoot. Maybe 4-500 rounds per minute but I'm no expert on full auto.

If you have a sling mount on your gas tube you have to take it off.

I really want to try it with a bipod-could be a quasi light support weapon IMHO.

If you enjoyed reading about "Slide-Fire (simulated full auto) WOW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!