Christmas Goodies Thread 2011

PDA

LiquidTension
December 24, 2011, 06:22 PM
Some people do the gift thing on Christmas Eve so I guess it's not too early to start this. How was the haul this year? I bought myself an Aimpoint H1 as PSA had them on sale for $449 with mount, but the gifts won't be exchanged until tomorrow afternoon. Post 'em up - pics welcome, of course :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Christmas Goodies Thread 2011" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gunnutery
December 24, 2011, 06:26 PM
My wife got me some more arrows this year (and I'm also getting a Gerber BG parang as a late gift). Usually my gifts have been firearm related, but I thought I'd switch things up this year and stock up on things for when the bullets run out. :)

jon86
December 24, 2011, 06:35 PM
The wonderful wifey got me a single stage lee reloading kit. I'm excited, but a bit intimidated. I need some dies and some manuals now. I'm happy. Merry Christmas people.

Automag88
December 24, 2011, 06:37 PM
No gifts yet but had a good Christmas Eve range session with my best friend and his Dad. If that's all I get that's fine by me

Vaarok
December 24, 2011, 06:38 PM
Bought on behalf of the bosses a Plainfield M1 carbine for their ten-year-old son. Gave him a case of ammo to split with his sister ostensibly to use with my carbine that they're forever borrowing. They each re-gifted me ten rounds of ammo back, since they know I also like to shoot my carbine on occasion.

Bought myself a Soviet 1PN34 NV scope.

And my old man, despite me not being on speaking terms with him, got me a $50 Gander Mountain gift-card.

I debated on an AR-10 as a christmas indulgence, but there's a big firearm auction coming up on the 7th, and I figure I should save pennies towards that instead.

Going shooting tomorrow.

rodensouth
December 24, 2011, 10:07 PM
Wife presented me with a LC9! It was a complete surprise. :)

chbrow10
December 24, 2011, 10:15 PM
I bought myself a new matched sear and hammer for my USPSA Limited gun, I need to get it off to get installed. I bought my son and daughter each a bow, the girl got a pink one of course.

InkEd
December 24, 2011, 10:20 PM
Henry Big Boy in .357 and a new safe for me.

Ammo for mom.

Ammo and Private lessons for the wife.

Seanpcola
December 24, 2011, 10:28 PM
I think this is way cool in that it happened today on Christmas Eve.

To start the story:

My wife grew up on a horse ranch and packed a rifle from the time she was 9 years old against 2 leg, 4 leg and slithering dangers while on the trail. When she moved away from home for college the rifle stayed and she hasn't picked up a firearm since. She never shot a handgun and in discussions she said she didn't like the idea of them. Wouldn't go with me to the range, just wasn't interested.

I've slowly been getting her attuned to the idea of her need to get comfortable with a pistol for self/home defense. I'm occasionally away from home overnight and I kept insisting that she get at least familiar with one of mine enough so that she could fire off a few rounds as a last resort. I'd work safety lectures, tales of SD stories I've read and so on into casual conversations. She slowly, reluctantly agreed that maybe it might be a good idea. Timing hasn't been right for her to go to the range due to a busy schedule.

In the meantime I got to thinking that maybe she should get her first taste of handguns with a .22, not my .45, .380 or 9MMs. She's not one for loud noises and I didn't know what her reaction to recoil would be.

So yesterday, while out shopping I stopped by my favorite LGS and lo and behold they had a screaming deal on the S&W 22A. I know, not a great pistol but at $199.00 for the 5.5" barrel and 2 mags, NIB I could not pass it up. I also picked up two 100 round boxes of Stinger and figured that would be plenty for a couple of first time out range trips.

This morning we got up and realized that we were completely caught up on Christmas preparations and had nothing that needed doing all day. We ate breakfast and I told her "Get dressed, let's to drive out to the farm (belongs to my boss) and look around". I loaded up the truck toolbox with all my stuff, target stand, the new .22, ammo, and so forth.

We get there and I tell her today is the day she starts. I spent probably 45 minutes on safety, basic functionality, safety, procedures, safety, how to load the mags, safety, ballistic basics, oh, and safety. She's a smart cookie, very graceful and deliberate in every movement she makes so right away I was impressed with her natural tendency to "keep her booger hook off the bang switch" and muzzle awareness. I know, corny but it fits here.

So, we get the target set up, ear protection and safety glasses on and I load one round. She's nervous but lines up on target and pulls the trigger.

"Wow, that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be". OK, I load 2 rounds. She goes through those. Then I fill the mag. She finishes them off so we take a break. She's getting excited. She has a room full of tennis, barrel racing and bowling trophies so she has this real instinct to be competitive and find a challenge and tackle it.

Now the questions start flowing. About 30 minutes into it she's way over my head on technicalities and I'm running out of answers.

Next thing you know she's burned through all 200 rounds and we're out. "You only bought 2 boxes?" she asks. I reply, well, yeah, all I've got is some 9MM stuff and my XD. She expresses a concern that she is scared of the 9MM cause she thinks the recoil will be too much. I load one round and she carefully pulls off a shot, again nervous. After the shot she stands there a second and in a quiet voice she murmurs "That's cooooollll".

So, she burned 2 boxes of 100 count Winchester white box 9MM.

Then we loaded up and left..............to go to Walmart, fight the Christmas crowd back to the Sporting Goods department and I'm now out $135.00 for more 9MM WW and Blazer .22.

I have created a monster I believe. If she keeps this up she's gonna have to buy equipment and do her own reloading.:D

mgregg85
December 24, 2011, 10:28 PM
Bought myself a bcm m4 upper, eotech 512, surefire 60 rd mag and a used mossy 590. I put a nice stainless Detonics Combat Master on layaway too.

My mom gave me a nice big green mat that you clean your guns on and my dad gave me a bunch of rem-oil, bore scrubber, degreaser and a brick of .22lr from my little sister.

Emberglo
December 24, 2011, 10:42 PM
Got a Rock Chucker Supreme and a set of dies for my .32-20, so I get to teach myself how to reload! I'm very excited. I'm going to have to pick up dies for my .270 and my .30-30 next.

armoredman
December 24, 2011, 10:44 PM
No presents this year, maybe next year.

Fred_G
December 24, 2011, 10:46 PM
Santa brought me a half pint of Makers Mark, and a bonus that will have me reloading very soon!

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to you all!

JoeMal
December 24, 2011, 10:50 PM
Getting money for an AR. A few weeks ago we went to a gun show and bought a Plano Gun Guard hard case for cheap that's part of my present. Also got a new pair of Ariat boots from the wife.

dprice3844444
December 24, 2011, 10:54 PM
new 870,some m14 parts,and a new/used golf club enroute

LiquidTension
December 24, 2011, 10:58 PM
armoredman - you have any need for random AR accessories? I've got a spare Streamlight railed vert grip, Magpul AFG, or UTG rails that I'll send you on my dime. Everybody should get something for Christmas :)

captain awesome
December 24, 2011, 11:05 PM
Seanpcola,
Congratulations, I wish something like that would happen with my wife. she's no anti but she wants nothing to do with going out and shooting. if she had any idea how much money I have spent on my guns and reloading ect.... well, it wouldn't be pretty. She kind of just doesn't ask so I don't tell.

So far my haul is a bag of 41 magnum Remington brass. That's probably going to be it.:(

click clack
December 24, 2011, 11:12 PM
We had a small gift exchange with some family and I came out of it with a new Spyderco Native!! I love it so far but we'll see what else Santa has in store tomorrow ;)

HOWARD J
December 24, 2011, 11:34 PM
Too many medical bills this year or I would have added another weapon to the collection.
The wife always says " you have about 40 too many already"
Never enuf guns & reloading equipment.--------------:)

ShawnC
December 24, 2011, 11:39 PM
Don't know yet. The wifey's been resistant to gun or hunting stuff as an appropriate gift, but I have noted some change in attitude in her lately, so hopefully she made a Gander Mountain run this year...

armoredman
December 24, 2011, 11:42 PM
Thank you LT, PM sent. :)
Son got three spare mag for his rifle, made him very happy.

Twiki357
December 24, 2011, 11:49 PM
Me = notta. (That I know of)
But there's 100 45acp, 100 9mm, 100 12ga, and a case of clays for my son & son-in-law.

December 24, 2011, 11:59 PM
Recieved my chl today in the mail...great christmas eve gift from the state : )

TwoWheelFiend
December 25, 2011, 12:02 AM
I lost my job nov 19th. This is gonna go down in the record books as a pretty crappy xmas.

WadeWilson
December 25, 2011, 12:04 AM
2 years in a row.....nothing!

ShawnC
December 25, 2011, 12:06 AM
I lost my job nov 19th. This is gonna go down in the record books as a pretty crappy xmas.
I'm feelin' ya. Good to go this year, but I was out of work last year and it wasn't fun. Hope you find something soon. In the mean time find as much enjoyment as you can. Merry Christmas.

USAF_Vet
December 25, 2011, 12:07 AM
Dude that sucks. But hey, you're not alone in that. I lost mine on Dec 19th. So yeah, I'm pretty down in the dumps. Thankfully the kids will have a decent Christmas this year. they were taken care of prior to the job loss. The wife and I will be skipping gifts for each other this year.

TwoWheelFiend
December 25, 2011, 12:14 AM
Thanks guys. I really could care less about gifts, as long as i spend time with friends and family and maybe catch a good buzz while doing it im happy :)

Dr.Rob
December 25, 2011, 01:15 AM
My brother actually read my 'wish list' and got me a UTG fixed 4x with a carry handle mount for my CMMG 22lr Upper. (Have one of these on my 6920 and really like it.)

Scoff if you will for my mounting a $40 scope on a $1000+ rifle but it works for me. I decided I want my 22lr upper set up just like my 5.56 carbine. I opted out of the red/gree illumination' feature as I never use it. Mounting it is 'tight.. feel like I need smaller fingers but got it mounted up and looking forward to getting it back to the range.

writerinmo
December 25, 2011, 01:31 AM
Lost my job to layoff almost three years ago, ran out the unemployment, then the wife had to quit her job to apply for disability. Bad news is, haven't had a lot of spare cash floating around. Good news is she got her award pretty darn fast, less than 6 months, but the first check won't be here till mid-February. I started machining a series of front sight adjusting tools for the Mosin Nagant rifles, and these have pretty well paid a lot of the bills the last year and a half, almost two years, and allowed me to buy the wife a Heritage .22 revolver that a local sporting goods store had on sale for $139, and she was tickled pink! My son got her a Blackhawk nylon holster for it and a box of CCI Stingers, so she's set to shoot.
I got a nice 18 volt rechargeable drill to replace my old Black and Decker one that I've about worn out, a heavy line hooded flannel shirt/jacket and my usual huge summer sausage, sharp cheddar cheese and Ritz crackers. No complaints here.

W.E.G.
December 25, 2011, 02:11 AM
For a while, I was pretty sure Santa had gotten mugged, and his sleigh was in a chop-shop in New Jersey.

But it looks like the Grinch gave back the toys in the end.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/pistol%20pics/SW%20915/915x2.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/pistol%20pics/SW%20915/uspsfinally.jpg

ms6852
December 25, 2011, 02:30 AM
I got a whitewing clay pigeon launcher, 3 tactical pistol gun bags, a sniper drag bag scoped rifle gun case, a couple of buckmark pistol magazines, and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeee. :D:D

LHRGunslinger
December 25, 2011, 02:41 AM
My Aunt got me a pair of Mechanix gloves. Huzzah for not getting torn up fingers when shooting.

ChileRelleno
December 25, 2011, 02:48 AM
I'll just list the firearms and sporting goods.

I bought my wife a new Rossi 3" .357mag revolver, and plenty of ammo.
.38spl LRN and FMJ for target, 38spl+P JHP and .357mag JHP for Self Defense

I bought my 6yr'ol son his first rifle (Crickett .22lr) , a soft case, new electronic ear muffs, and a few bricks of .22lr.

I used my Christmas Bonus to buy myself a new Mossy 500 12g Field & Deer combo with dual comb.
28" ported smoothbore, VR with dual beads and 3accu-chokes Skeet/Mod/Full
24" ported rifled barrel, cantilever scope mount that came with a cheapo scope.
And I have a 18.5" Security barrel on the way.

All three of my kids are receiving new freshwater Rod/Reel combos.
I spent awhile today sinking and concreting a tether ball pole in the yard for the kids.

shotgunjoel
December 25, 2011, 03:19 AM
Last weekend I got a nice target stand, tons of targets, and the book Mauser: Military Rifles of the World. Also bought myself a sling and studs for my 10/22. Put that on today. This evening I've been cleaning cosmoline out of a new Yugo 24/47 Mauser :D (thanks dad). This coming week I'll be getting a factory letter for my S&W Victory Model at a family Christmas.

Wildbillz
December 25, 2011, 06:00 AM
I got a Colt Commander mfg in 1970. Of course I got it for myself?

WB

Inebriated
December 25, 2011, 06:08 AM
Got a new stock for the 870, some cleaning stuff, and a Savage Axis .243. Oh, and 175 rounds of 00 from Federal. Good year for me.

The highlight wasn't any of the gun stuff, though.

coyotehitman
December 25, 2011, 06:15 AM
Doesn't matter what I get, I'm spending time with loved ones and that is all I need. Some fine wine, good food, and time with great people have been my gifts so far.

wxjeep
December 25, 2011, 06:28 AM
This is my first year home for Christmas in 20 years. I am on terminal leave and will officially be retired from the Air Force on February 1st. Last year I was in Iraq, Christmas of 2006 I was in Afghanistan. It just feels good to finally be around my family.

LawScholar
December 25, 2011, 07:26 AM
This is my first year home for Christmas in 20 years. I am on terminal leave and will officially be retired from the Air Force on February 1st. Last year I was in Iraq, Christmas of 2006 I was in Afghanistan. It just feels good to finally be around my family.

For the twenty you have sacrificed, you have my heartfelt thanks,

Those of you who are having a rough Christmas, stay strong. The tide will turn, I promise. Do your very best, and the world will oblige. Some call me too optimistic, but keep your chin up anyways.

I got stuff for my new apartment and a Streamlight TLR-1S for my Beretta PX4 and Daniel Defense AR to share. I am very fortunate and happy

beatledog7
December 25, 2011, 07:41 AM
I got a visit from my daughter and a couple of days off. But the best Christmas present was for all of us.

God Bless!

guyfromohio
December 25, 2011, 07:44 AM
Wife surprised me with a membership to the local range!

tightgroup tiger
December 25, 2011, 07:45 AM
I got an SP101 in 327 fed magnum and a new grandson. Don't know how I could do better than that.

walker944
December 25, 2011, 07:47 AM
Picked up a little NAA .22 LR revolver for my wife. It's in her stocking as I write this. She's zonked out in bed for another half hour or so. Can't wait for her to find it. She has lots of guns, so this certainly won't be her first. She and I had the priviledge of touring the NAA factory many years back. So, I think she'll enjoying getting this. Merry Christmas all. And, my heart goes out to all of those that are unemployed this time of the year. God bless you, and best wishes for 2012.

MuleRyder
December 25, 2011, 07:49 AM
Got a new Winchester gun safe with my Christmas bonus! Found out something I didn't know, gun safes are tax free in MA!

kenken
December 25, 2011, 08:28 AM
We ain't gonna open presents till this afternoon but I think my wife is giving me a Red Rider BB gun. That should complete my collection. Also have twin grandsons that will be here in February so I will be starting their collection in a couple of months. I will have to buy 2 of everything. Can't wait.

kenken:D

bobdubois
December 25, 2011, 09:49 AM
We haven't unwrapped the gifts yet- waiting for the adult kids to arrive, but my wife HAS a CZ 20 G O/U waiting for her under the tree.

420Stainless
December 25, 2011, 10:10 AM
Some .410 diameter Deep Curl (100) and XTP (200) bullets and a pound of 296.

The Model 57 and my wrist will be getting a workout this year. The deer better not stray too close in 2012!

Mikey Idaho
December 25, 2011, 10:21 AM
I'm under 30 and recently divorced so I kinda splurged, Ruger Blackhawk 357 stainless 6.5" (4th gun bought this year) and Sony 32" LED/wifi BluRay player/surround sound for the bedroom. Reading this thread makes me extra grateful I have a steady job. My prayers go out to all that are struggling. Merry Christmas everyone!

Legionnaire
December 25, 2011, 10:27 AM
We haven't done our gift exchange yet. I don't really expect much firearm related stuff this year. But I did have a great range outing on Christmas Eve with members of the family (range report in this thread (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=632943) over in the Black Powder forum). And my wife did give me an inexpensive spray bottle for the Ballistol "moose milk" I use to clean the black powder guns.

InkEd
December 25, 2011, 10:47 AM
I really hate to hear about how many people lose their jobs around the holidays. It has happened to me and my wife in the past. (I am grateful that I now work for a strong company and have the opportunity to have a life-long career with them.) Hopefully, everyone will have success in the New Year in all aspects of their life. God bless you all.

USAF_Vet
December 25, 2011, 10:49 AM
Welcome home, brother. I know all about missed holidays spent on foreign soil. I bet your family is glad to have you back home, too.

Gunnerboy
December 25, 2011, 10:58 AM
I bought myself a christmas SKS yesterday does that count ?

ChileRelleno
December 25, 2011, 11:34 AM
My wife really surprised me this morning.

Book, 'Being George Washington' by Glenn Beck, autographed by Glenn.
My wife apparently stood in line for several (4) hours to get this for me.
I wanted to go meet him and have a book signed, but I'd stressed my ankle at work and was hurting... She loves me!

berettaprofessor
December 25, 2011, 11:46 AM
:D 4 new p30 Pmags from my son. Load'den them up now.

Ky Larry
December 25, 2011, 11:58 AM
I got 2 new CZ .22 rifles n the last 2 weeks and scopes and rings. Major :D factor.

My nephew shoots a .40 S&W and my niece's husband shoots a 9mm. Since it's beter to give than recieve, I bought them each a set of dies, a pound of AA#5, 500 primers, 500 Berrys bullets, a reloading manual, and I have plenty of range pickup brass. I'll throw in the use of my reloading room and equipment. Now they can try reloading without all the expence.

garyhan
December 25, 2011, 12:08 PM
Wife gave me a Romanian Tokarev TTC from J&G Sales. This gun is pristine in its refinish and could pass for new. She did not notice the select bore option and ordered the standard, bores of which are described as "dark but shootable". The bore on this pistol appears brand new. Hope to shoot it wednesday and will give report. Sons gave me a bore light, a universal cleaning kit, and a Caldwell rest. I am a happy shooter.

gary

2ifbyC
December 25, 2011, 12:09 PM
I got three shop manuals by renown gunsmith Jerry Kuhnhausen; The Colt revolvers, the S&W revolver, and the Colt .45 Automatic. Not that I plan to do any serious gunsmithing, but they are excellent reference manuals even for routine maintenance only.

I read the intro to the Colt manual and was surprised to learn that Colt never put out a service manual for any of its revolvers. What is saddening is that before 1950, virtually every revolversmith knew the inner working of a Colt DA revolver but by the mid 1980s, that familiarity was almost gone.

I still remember the line in the 1967 movie, “The Graduate” when Ben was told the future was “plastics”. Little did I know that this premonition would apply to handguns.

Maybe I’m still old school; I also got a SIG P220 this month which is all metal too.:)

dprice3844444
December 25, 2011, 12:10 PM
mule,have them rewrite the safe bill to say fireproof safe for storage of income tax records.it then becomes a deduction

modifiedbrowning
December 25, 2011, 12:13 PM
I picked a S&W 3913 and put a Sig 522 on layaway.

rikman
December 25, 2011, 01:32 PM
My awesome wife to be gave me greenbacks for my gun club dues....love her!

bkjeffrey
December 25, 2011, 03:07 PM
Bought a new FNP 45 Tactical and a AAC TiRan45 for myself.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff117/bkjeffrey/45.jpg

My wife got me a Romainian Tokarev and 400 rounds of ammo as well as "The Complete Encyclopedia of Rifles and Carbines" by A.E. Hartink.

:D

Lt.Dan
December 25, 2011, 03:21 PM
Wow that guy is lucky........

hso
December 25, 2011, 04:08 PM
1980's vintage FN P35 aluminum alloy BHP. Yep, aluminum alloy BHP.:D

Swichblade
December 25, 2011, 04:34 PM
I was given a Walther P1 for Christmas. It is from 1978.

ChileRelleno
December 25, 2011, 05:09 PM
Must turn this into a gun pRon thread, so here is my new Mossy 500 Field & Deer combo.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s190/ChileRelleno/100_0418.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s190/ChileRelleno/100_0419.jpg

Tim the student
December 25, 2011, 06:23 PM
you have any need for random AR accessories? I've got a spare Streamlight railed vert grip, Magpul AFG, or UTG rails that I'll send you on my dime. Everybody should get something for Christmas

Damn good people here.

ETA: I got a new Buckmark mag, a Midway pistol case, and a fancy dancy target stand that cost far more than what I would be willing to pay. They are nice though.

ChileRelleno
December 25, 2011, 06:31 PM
Score! My Sister in Law just gave us a $50. gift card for Outback Steak house.
With the promise to babysit our three kids while we go out for our 16th Wedding Anniversary on the 28th.

Free Steak! Free Babysitting! Yay Sis!

gym
December 25, 2011, 06:31 PM
Not this month, I bought my AR last month, so it was an Xbox, MW3, "call of duty" edition, so I can shoot indoors, and a Tablet Pc, for the wife. I just got fed up with the economy, and went and took out some savings and bought everyone what they wanted.I needed tires, but hell it's Christmas.
Funny thing was she didn't even get me a card, lol

Mike1957
December 25, 2011, 06:46 PM
A few weeks ago when my dad showed a sudden interest in my gun collection I suspected that come Christmas there might be something gun related under the tree. But I never expected anything like this.
When I went over to my folks place this morning I about went into shock.
A pair of nickel S&Ws with real pearl grips.
Model 36 and a 14-4. Finish is not original on the 14-4, but so nicely done that it would be hard to tell if they had not gold plated the hammer and trigger.

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a413/Shep1957/guns/100_1633-1.jpg

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a413/Shep1957/guns/100_1614-1.jpg

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a413/Shep1957/guns/100_1617-1.jpg

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a413/Shep1957/guns/100_1618-1.jpg

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a413/Shep1957/guns/100_1620-1.jpg

supersappersix
December 25, 2011, 06:53 PM
We had a "Hard Candy Christmas" here at my house got my first paycheck in 4 months on Friday. Went to groceries and new tags on truck to be "legal" again.

December 25, 2011, 07:45 PM
RCBS "Rockchucker supreme master reloading kit"! Almost everything I need to get started reloading! Also $100 to get started with brass primers and powder. Time to hit the reloading threads and start my education.
I love my wife!

FIVETWOSEVEN
December 25, 2011, 07:50 PM
I got a shotgun scabbard, shotgun shell bandolier, Galco HALO holster for my XD40 which allows me to holster it with a mounted light and money to purchase a weapon light.

dubbleA
December 25, 2011, 07:56 PM
Got a new lathe and a mill for my reloading room, some truffles and a new camera that I snapped this picture with awhile ago . Should have my 243 Win. build done this week too.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f268/dubbleA/ordament.jpg

nwilliams
December 25, 2011, 08:03 PM
I bought myself a Romanian FA Cugir M10-762 yesterday as my X-Mas present to myself.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/nwilliams27/M10-762/M10-762-1.jpg

au01st
December 25, 2011, 08:08 PM
Parents got me liquor and a safe, siblings got me ammo. Nice simple Christmas in my book.

LawScholar
December 25, 2011, 08:17 PM
Wow, bonus gift. Went to girlfriend's house as well. She got me a new pair of Timberland Pro boots and her stepdad got me a Vortex Strikefire optic for my AR.

rcmodel
December 25, 2011, 08:39 PM
As expected, I didn't get the Ed Brown Signature Edition engraved 1911 I had hoped for.

Instead, I got a six pack of Boulevard, and a gift card to a restaurant I don't like.

Bah Humbug!

rc

Big Boy
December 25, 2011, 08:51 PM
I bought myself a Christmas present this year. A new Glock 36. Pictured along with my EDC items. Fenix 165 lumen, extra mag in a DeSantis pocket pouch, and a K-Bar TDI.

Also for chistmas I got a new Midway USA range bag, 3 boxes of Speer .45 ACP Gold Dot, some Magpul ladder rail covers for my AR, and a Magpul B.A.D. level.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/CB-AARON/2011-12-25_18-55-37_338-1.jpg

New rail covers pictured on my LWRC M6A2 6.8 SPC

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/CB-AARON/2011-12-25_19-20-48_808.jpg

B.A.D. lever on my LWRC M6A2 6.8 SPC

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/CB-AARON/2011-12-25_19-21-05_196.jpg

robin48
December 25, 2011, 08:53 PM
I for the usual last night. Shirts, socks, books. This morning Mrs. Clause had surprised me with a new Mossberg 835 Ultra Mag. Come on Turkey season.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Serenity
December 25, 2011, 09:41 PM
Husband and the Boy got me some stuff for my emergency kit I'm building and a factory mag for my P226. Yay!

mbopp
December 25, 2011, 09:45 PM
My family got me a 3-bottle gift pack of Jack Daniels, Gentleman Jack, and Single Barrel.
For shooting I got a set of electronic hearing protectors and a gift certificate to my local reloading distributor.

Ignition Override
December 25, 2011, 09:48 PM
TwoWheelFiend:
Hang in there.
Much of corporate America prefers to announce layoffs in Nov-Dec.

It is their holiday spirit.

TenDriver
December 25, 2011, 09:59 PM
No presents this year, maybe next year.
Same here. Good food though!

davvoows
December 25, 2011, 10:00 PM
Took care of myself last week, Marlin 336. Paid way too much at the pawn shop but I am terrible with impulse buys.. Wanted one for awhile so now I can move down the list. got four packages of t-shirts and flannel pajama pants today which is why I do my own X-mas shopping. Merry Christmas all, and a Happy New Year

788Ham
December 25, 2011, 10:08 PM
wxjeep, Sir, welcome home! Thank you for your 20 years of service to our country. I know of what you speak, about not being home for any holidays, Nam in 68 - 69 brings back lots of those memories.

I bought myself a new SP 101 .357 mag a couple months ago, love that piece, got a new pancake holster for it, set to go now. My buddy is getting me into a nice gun club next month, $500 initiation fee will be part of my Christmas also.

Merry Christmas to all of you, hope this New Year is better than the last. You folks that are currently out of jobs, you'll be in my prayers!

May God bless,

Jim

ar24095
December 25, 2011, 10:51 PM
My wife gave me a ruger m77 ultralite in 30/06 new unfired in the box with top tang safety manufactured mid to early 80's with a vintage leaupold 3X9 compact still in box. Did I mention I have a great wife !!!
Merry Christmas Everyone

dusty14u
December 25, 2011, 11:01 PM
My wife totally surprised me with a Chiappa Rhino DS200. I had bought her a SP101 earlier and told her I didn't have a .357 snubby anymore. We had looked at the Rhino in the summer and I told her it was on my short list. I guess I didn't realize how short of a list it was. I am one blessed hubby.

postalnut25
December 26, 2011, 12:26 AM
My birthday is next week, so I always get something that covers both Christmas and my birthday.

This year my wife got me a set of Purpleheart grips for my Kimber and a matching set for my M1911 knife. Gotta love her!

JHenry
December 26, 2011, 01:35 AM
i got a benchmade, no pictures but everyone knows what it looks like anyway. Glad to finally have a higher quality knife, damn thing feels solid as a rock and sharp to boot :D

WAhunter
December 26, 2011, 01:47 AM
I bought myself a new Blackhawk CQC Holster for my Taurus 24/7.

SWAT1911
December 26, 2011, 03:04 AM
Girlfriend got me a safe and then a few hours ago made her my fiancé.
Pretty good Christmas. :)

Fred_G
December 26, 2011, 09:17 AM
"Girlfriend got me a safe and then a few hours ago made her my fiancé.
Pretty good Christmas."

Wow, congrats on the new safe!

:)

Congrats dude, best wishes to you both. (future wife, not the safe).

Smoke14
December 26, 2011, 09:43 AM
Under the tree:

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/Smoke14guns/Smith%20and%20Wesson/SW5906DT1.jpg

essayons21
December 26, 2011, 10:04 AM
A good gunnie christmas for me!

I got a Leatherman MUT, and Midway Deluxe Range Bag... and a matching, excellent condition, 1943 Mauser P38, with all correct waffenampt stamps and no import markings.

Tony50ae
December 26, 2011, 10:13 AM
My wife and I agreed to open our presents on Christmas Eve. So, I got a few nice gifts including a scope for a gun I've been saving up for. I got my wife diamond earrings. Next morning, Christmas Day, I woke up and found a box underneath the tree. My wife played it off like "oh, whats that?". So I opened it up thinking that maybe she bought me a bb gun to hold me over until I could buy the gun I wanted. Instead, when I opened up the box it was the brand new Ruger Mini 14 that I had been saving for! God I love that woman!!!

3KillerBs
December 26, 2011, 10:29 AM
I'm one of the people who was given the gift of reduced working hours for Christmas so the budget was thin.

But Santa slipped a pair of pink muffs and a matching set of safety glasses into my stocking courtesy of my daughter, who got her first job this year and so had her first Christmas of being able to buy gifts with her own money.

She also got very nice knives for DH and for her 11yo, middle brother.

Axel Larson
December 26, 2011, 10:46 AM
Got a clay thrower from the wife as well as the two Hard Magic books, and a 20 gauge single barrel from my grandfather.

Fred_G
December 26, 2011, 10:49 AM
A good gunnie christmas for me!

I got a Leatherman MUT, and Midway Deluxe Range Bag... and a matching, excellent condition, 1943 Mauser P38, with all correct waffenampt stamps and no import markings.
How can you post such a thing without some pictures? That is just wrong.

essayons21
December 26, 2011, 11:05 AM
How can you post such a thing without some pictures? That is just wrong.

Ok fine, here's a snapshot

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/collingscb/ArlingtonandChristmas014.jpg

Further research shows that while the slide stamping indicates a 1943 date of manufacture, the serial number indicates assembly in 1944.

A gift from my FIL, who has 3 more in his safe.

Fred_G
December 26, 2011, 12:26 PM
Nice looking pistola Essay!

LiquidTension
December 26, 2011, 05:03 PM
The girlfriend got me a Toshiba Thrive tablet. Now I can peruse THR at the cigar shop while having a Ruination. The parents got me a nice padded stool with a back rest for the loading bench and paid for half of an Aimpoint PRO. Also got an IFAK to go on my plate carrier for work/classes.

Don't know if it counts but my Midway order came in also - 3 ITW Fastmags, RCBS 6.8 dies, Lee .300 Blackout dies, and some Howard Leight electronic muffs.

valnar
December 26, 2011, 05:20 PM
New custom safe from Sun Welding. I'm looking forward to it.

click clack
December 26, 2011, 05:24 PM
I made out alright :) I got a Savage model 10 in .223, A Fenix TK12, Spyderco Native, and some ammo for the new rifle as well as some 9mm and .308!

Happy New Year, and heres the Mayans being off a few millineum!!!

leadcounsel
December 26, 2011, 06:30 PM
Found a great pre-Christmas deal - $300 for a brand new, in the box with all accessories, XDM compact. So treated myself.

Gave the GF her choice of several of my guns for her birthday and Christmas. I laid out an AK74, 870 12 ga., XD40 compact and service size, S&W 64 .38 stainless 4", Ruger .357 SP101, and a CZ P07 in 9mm. She picked the 870 and the CZ. :) Very excited for her!

Stevie-Ray
December 26, 2011, 07:20 PM
Scoff if you will for my mounting a $40 scope on a $1000+ rifle but it works for me.
No scoffing here. I've had UTG's quad rail on my Colt 6721 for years and have found it to be as strong as anybody elses. I also have one of their 4-16X50 scopes on my FAL. It started out as an experiment to see if the rifle was accurate enough for expensive glass. It's staying on til it breaks-if it ever does, as I'm quite taken by it's quality, something I really didn't expect.

As far as Christmas goes, Wifey got me Nikon D3100 with 2 lenses and a few shirts. No new guns this year, but the pics of existing guns should improve as I learn more about this new toy.:p

sm
December 26, 2011, 07:29 PM
A fifty round box of Hornady 17 HMR® 17 gr V-MAX™ from a THR friend of mine.

This was for the Savage 93R17F with Bushnell 3x9x40, I got for myself.

MyGreenGuns
December 26, 2011, 07:43 PM
The holidays are a time to FEAST! Had a HUGE breakfast with my friends that have little ones. No lunch. Huge turkey dinner with friends and big ham dinner with brother and his inlaws.
I've been unemployed for awhile so I didnt lavish everyone with gifts. I spent the majority of what I have left on my daughter.
My brother just finished his AR build. I dug around in my pile of knives and found one that works as a bayonet. Its a ugly (but sharp) addition to his pretty new toy.
He bought me the correct single-point sling for my shotgun. Apparently he thought the rigged Mosin sling looked funny.

Darkbob
December 26, 2011, 09:29 PM
I got my first AR this year...well, parts for it anyway :rolleyes:

http://sites.google.com/site/rcovill/home/Christmas1.jpg

That's a Spikes Tactical Zombie themed stripped lower and a PSA lower build kit. First time builder...wish me luck! :D

Dr.Rob
December 26, 2011, 11:21 PM
Hey I got to AZ yesterday and I had a Kindle and a gift card waiting for me! I got Hard Magic 2 in hardback already, but while I was searching for more Larry Correia books, I found that George Hill wrote a couple zombie books-- only SIX bucks. Thanks to super pixie girlfriend!

The_Next_Generation
December 27, 2011, 04:04 AM
Got a SWFA 16x42, some rings, and a Spyderco Tenacious :D

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/TNxtGen/scopeMOD4.jpg

Dueling1911s
December 27, 2011, 09:24 AM
old lady got me a ruger vaquero in 45lc. came with matching rcbs carbide dies, shell holder, and a lee carbide crimping die.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m237/intheend924/photo8.jpg

340PD
December 27, 2011, 11:12 AM
I said I wanted a Puppy!

Automag88
December 27, 2011, 01:40 PM
Got a brand new Marlin Model 60. Been shooting for 15 years and I finally just got my own personal .22 haha

J_L_A
December 27, 2011, 09:07 PM
Pair of Tauruses. One new and the other an older police/security gun.

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr3/dpreed/113.jpg

WhistlinDixie
December 27, 2011, 09:49 PM
I bought myself an M&P9c, full size mag, and X grip extension. Dad got me 100 rounds of 9mm and .45.

Next up for a late christmas present is some SD 9mm ammo

If you enjoyed reading about "Christmas Goodies Thread 2011" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!