Gun Related Apps for iPod Touch?

PDA

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
December 25, 2011, 07:01 PM
As title says, I'm looking for some gun related apps. Preferably free.

Any ideas? Recommendations?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Related Apps for iPod Touch?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
alienbogey
December 25, 2011, 07:33 PM
Shot Timer - Free, duplicates the functions of a $100 timer.

Right2Bear - Summarizes gun laws, carry permits and reciprocity for each state.

Dry Fire Trainer - A bunch of drills for, you guessed it, dry fire training.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
December 25, 2011, 07:38 PM
Where can I get these?

alienbogey
December 25, 2011, 07:41 PM
Go to the App Store, hit Search, enter the names.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
December 25, 2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks! Any more would be great! :) Need to put this iPod to some good use, lol.

firesky101
December 25, 2011, 07:50 PM
i dont have any apple products, but winchester ballistics calculator is free on their site. I know they have an app so maybe that is free too

Iramo94
December 25, 2011, 09:12 PM
A few months ago there was a thread made by the designer of Range Buddy, which is a digital log book. One dollar. No jail broken versions that I know of.

It has tabs for gun logs, targets, and reloading recipes.

zstephens13
December 25, 2011, 09:13 PM
Range Buddy, by a fellow HighRoader.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
December 25, 2011, 09:41 PM
ill have to check out range buddy when I get more money on my iTunes account. I love getting those as gifts now. If only I could afford them lol

Cast of One
December 25, 2011, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the app recommendations. I've been looking for some too. Range Buddy looks great. I can't wait to use.

UpTheIrons
December 26, 2011, 01:52 AM
There's a totally useless app called "Shotgun Free" that uses the accelerometer to work a pump action shotgun and shoot it. The sounds are pretty good and my son (9 y.o.) loves it.

2zulu1
December 26, 2011, 03:14 AM
A friend bumped me an AR shooting app that uses the camera on my RAZR as sights/optics.

Calibre44
December 26, 2011, 01:35 PM
'iGunPro' ... nothing practical just good quality pics of famous guns that you can load, cock and fire with realistic sounds and graphics.

Just a bit of fun.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
December 26, 2011, 01:52 PM
I've got the iGun Pro app, it is fun.

gobysky
December 26, 2011, 11:18 PM
Ballistic FTE, displays ballistic tables and more. Has a heads up display which will show bullet drop for your specified round for the distance you have dialed in. Also shows things like bullet drift for crosswinds etc. What I mentioned is only the tip of the iceberg. A very nice program.

CoRoMo
December 27, 2011, 05:26 PM
Shot Timer - Free, duplicates the functions of a $100 timer.
Useless on an Ipod Touch because the Ipod has no microphone to pick up sound. A wired headset is the only way to get it to work because it is better designed for the Iphone. The Surefire app has pretty bad reviews, but the Innovative app has decent reviews.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
December 28, 2011, 02:15 AM
My iPod touch has a microphone. It's got a video recorder and everything with sound an all

gilgsn
December 28, 2011, 10:45 AM
Hello,

I am a programmer by trade, and getting into iPhone app development right now. At this time, lacking experience, I can only write calculator type apps, but will soon be able to do it all. If anyone has suggestions for a good app..?

Thanks,

9mmepiphany
December 28, 2011, 08:17 PM
My iPod touch has a microphone. It's got a video recorder and everything with sound an all
...as does the one my daughter has

mgmorden
December 28, 2011, 10:24 PM
The confusion on the iPod Touch stems from the fact that there are multiple generations (kinda like Glocks :)).

The Gen1 iPod Touch had no microphone - period. The Gen2 had no built-in microphone, but it had a port where you could plug in an external one (proprietary, but you could get the made in Hong Kong knock-off mics off ebay for less than $5). It was a bit of a bulbous, goofy looking thing, but it worked fine. I used it quite a bit in conjunction with the free guitar-tuner apps to tune my guitars.

From Gen3 on the iPod Touch has a microphone built it just like the iPhones do.

9mmepiphany
December 29, 2011, 12:24 AM
Yup...my daughter's iPod is a Gen 4

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
December 29, 2011, 02:54 AM
Mine's pretty new, too, though not sure which generation though.

Ruger44mag
December 29, 2011, 04:11 AM
Try GUN LOG. For me anyways it works great. :)

TheCol.U.S.M.C.
December 29, 2011, 02:38 PM
Range Buddy is great just got it well worth the .99c easy to use if you have a iphone/ipod it is a must

CoRoMo
December 29, 2011, 04:10 PM
From Gen3 on the iPod Touch has a microphone built it just like the iPhones do.
I don't believe this is correct. Mine is a model A1318 which is 3G. (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1353#iPod_touch_late2009) It definitely has no microphone built in. I can't find anything backing up the statement that a 3G ipod has an integral mic. But I find much to the contrary...

http://www.ehow.com/info_12211318_32gb-ipod-builtin-mic.html
Built-In Mic?

It'd be nice to have those new features though.

mgmorden
December 29, 2011, 04:29 PM
Actually, looking into it it looks you're correct - it wasn't until 4th gen that they included the mic in the actual device housing, though most 3rd gens did have a mic built into the ear-phones that were included.

SteveoKnievo
December 30, 2011, 02:48 PM
I have one called "iSnipe" it's a ballistic calculator. Very cool. A bit pricey though.. I find it's worth it.

Giterboosted
December 31, 2011, 01:19 PM
Gun disassembly 2 is a game that makes me forget about all the others

The_Next_Generation
December 31, 2011, 04:06 PM
+1 on the Ballistics FTE app. I use it and it is FANTASTIC. It is a great ballistics calculator that allows you to get into the nitty gritty. Definetly worth the $20 IMHO.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Related Apps for iPod Touch?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!