sks strippers

PDA

DNS
December 27, 2011, 05:03 AM
Educate me on the stripper clips.
Are they aftermarket, good or bad quality?
Good source to get them?

Looking at getting a couple yugos and I plan to keep them in original.

If you enjoyed reading about "sks strippers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tokarevsrule
December 27, 2011, 08:00 AM
J & G sales is a good source. AS long as you tilt the clips forward toward the muzzle, they feed fine.

spartand003
December 27, 2011, 11:00 AM
I use stripper clips to load mags for my AKs. I have two types of clips: cheap ones from China that I bought off eBay a couple years back that don't feed well and one has bent. Then there are the surplus clips you get when you buy cans of Yugoslavian ammo. Those are nice. If you can find some like that they work great.

greenlion
December 27, 2011, 06:17 PM
I've had some that were really stiff, had a gritty finish, and were hard to get the bullets out of, and some that were slick, loose, and didn't have enough tension to hold the bullets. If you can find some that are somewhere in between those extremes, buy a bunch of them. I can't remember where I finally got the ones I use now. Its hard to predict what you will get when you order.

Risky buisness
December 27, 2011, 08:32 PM
Taking a folded strip of 200 grit wet/dry sandpaper and dressing the inside surface of the clips( where the cartridge rims slide) will help the clips that seem to hold the cases too firmly. Century arms has had stripper clips in the past, may still do.

AK103K
December 27, 2011, 08:43 PM
I have a bunch of the blued Chinese strippers you see for sale in bulk. I think I was paying $20/100 when I bought them.

While the rounds feed and come off smoothly, they also tend to be a tad loose, and the end rounds more often than not, fall off before they get to the gun.

bigfatdave
December 28, 2011, 07:21 AM
I know a guy who buys the looser ones and tweaks the springy part with a pair of pliers to hold the rounds in better.

I don't bother, I just stack them neatly and leave the tighter ones loaded with HP/SP ammo for the extremely unlikely event of grab&go.

I might try a spritz of dry-lube (liquid wrench with "cerflon") next time I have a pile of empty stripper clips, but it is pretty low priority, the clips are dirt cheap, just buy a selection and get more of the kind you like.

If you enjoyed reading about "sks strippers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!