Taking AR back to CA?

PDA

esheato
December 27, 2011, 06:13 PM
Say you have a standard AR (OLL, collapsible stock, pistol grip, forward grip, A2 brake, NO MAGAZINES, semi-auto). How do I make it legal for CA?

Bullet button and that's it?

I should know this, but I never had them when I was out there.

I know the 10 round limit, but from what I have read, if he does a bullet button, then he's good on everything else.

TIA,

Ed

If you enjoyed reading about "Taking AR back to CA?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Threeband
December 27, 2011, 07:03 PM
Does California allow collapsible stocks?

MistWolf
December 27, 2011, 07:11 PM
Certain ARs are outright banned by name in California. The folks over at http://www.calguns.net/ should be able to help you figure out what's legal

esheato
December 27, 2011, 07:14 PM
I'm familiar with Calguns, but don't want to wade through all the history and legalities any more.

From my short refresher (2+ hours on Calguns today), I just need confirmation that a Bullet Button will make things legal.

Gordon
December 27, 2011, 10:01 PM
a bullet button, 10 round mags AND off the " banned by name" list.

esheato
December 27, 2011, 10:21 PM
Perfect...that's what I thought.

Thanks a bunch. The lower I gave him a year or two ago...Lauer is the name.

I'll tell him to pick up a bullet button.

OhioChief
December 27, 2011, 10:33 PM
Don't GO!

esheato
December 27, 2011, 10:49 PM
My immediate family is there and I still have a brother there.....it is what it is.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taking AR back to CA?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!