SKS problems....

PDA

ledheplin
December 27, 2011, 06:37 PM
So I picked myself up a SKS today and the workers at Caeblas were awesome telling me all of these tips to clean it and get rid of the cosmoline. But I already knew these from cleaning up my Mosin but theres a problem with disasembling the rifle. The trigger assembly wont come out and I've tried all kinds of ways to losen up the junk in the rifle to try to dislodge it but I've had no luck. What can I do to put it out with out tearing up the rifle?

If you enjoyed reading about "SKS problems...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
briansmithwins
December 27, 2011, 06:43 PM
Try moving the safety. The trigger group only comes out when the safety is either on or off, I forget the position.

BSW

ledheplin
December 27, 2011, 06:44 PM
the safety has to be one but that still doesnt work....

chrt396
December 27, 2011, 06:49 PM
Make sure that safety is on..as you are aware of...and push down HARD on the button behind the trigger group (with a Phillips screw driver w/ a piece of tape over the tip). If it's new and unissued..the button is tough to push at first. It'll come out. Be patient!

rule303
December 27, 2011, 07:40 PM
I'm guessing this is a Yugo? The ones I have taken apart were a bear to get the trigger group out. Take a brass punch and rubber mallet to the button with the rifle upside down on the bench, it will come out.

ledheplin
December 27, 2011, 08:33 PM
Yes its a Yugo and I've been heating it up with a blow dryer and it's starting to come lose.

Vaarok
December 27, 2011, 11:17 PM
Yeah, grease is probably gluing it in place PLUS the spring is tough. Patience and maybe a spare set of hands to pull while you hit the spring with the punch.

If you enjoyed reading about "SKS problems...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!