R700 best choice?

PDA

slash415
December 27, 2011, 09:29 PM
I am looking into buying a .308, I have done some research and I am really liking the Remington 700. My budget is about 600$. Should I go for the 700 or consider some other options?

If you enjoyed reading about "R700 best choice?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NCdrummer
December 27, 2011, 09:49 PM
It's the best kept secret in the industry. TIKKA! And I love Remingtons! Within your budget you won't find a better shooter than the Tikka. It's a poor-man's SAKO.

jpwilly
December 27, 2011, 09:57 PM
There are numerous good rifles on the market. Are you choosing Rem 700 for aftermarket upgrade support? 308 because it's a good all around target and game rifle? What are you planning to do with the rifle mostly? Hunt, Target shoot or Tactical rifle matches?

I choose Savage Mod 10 308 Win and was not dissapointed. I think the fact that I can do my own barrel swaps down the road sealed the deal for me.

If you enjoyed reading about "R700 best choice?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!