Safety reminder for this weekend

PDA

armoredman
December 28, 2011, 07:10 PM
I put this up every year, and take flack for it every year. Please be responsible this New Years Eve if you intend to go get sloshed.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/Seetheconnection.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Safety reminder for this weekend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
firesky101
December 28, 2011, 07:32 PM
agreed I gave my neighbor some fireworks so he would not shoot his gun in the air as he is prone to do, on various holidays. I know there are other dumb things you can do with a firearm while drunk, but this one happens next door twice a year.

HGM22
December 28, 2011, 08:03 PM
I struggle to see how someone could have a problem with your putting this up. I say keep putting this up every year!

ShawnC
December 28, 2011, 08:19 PM
If the Libyans can do it to celebrate the death of their dictator, and his eventual replacement, why can't I to celebrate changing my calendar over? :)

In all seriousness, everyone be safe and responsible and this is a good reminder.

UpTheIrons
December 28, 2011, 08:47 PM
My problem with your poster is your use of that can of hog swill as representative of "beer"! :neener:

Serenity
December 28, 2011, 09:15 PM
I wish we had a "like" button on here!

Hossfly68
December 28, 2011, 09:17 PM
Hey hey hey!!!! That's Hog Swill LIGHT!

Even hogs won't swill that!

Happy New Year! :neener:

Bovice
December 28, 2011, 09:21 PM
Between the cuffs and Old Mill-Water, I'll take the cuffs.

Make it a coors :)

rcmodel
December 28, 2011, 09:22 PM
And who put the funky Pachmayr grips on that nice old S&W?

rc

KansasPaul
December 28, 2011, 09:28 PM
great post - keep it going!

hey rc, I like the funky grips - especially if the gun was in my safe. :)

2ifbyC
December 28, 2011, 09:41 PM
I don't drink or take drugs (except medications) but your message is a good one; it can't be repeated enough. As responsible gun owners, we can not give the liberal press another reason for wanting to take away our rights. The only cuffs that near to me are the ones on my long jeans.;)

A safe new year is a Happy New Year!:)

armoredman
December 28, 2011, 10:03 PM
The Beast Light was the only beer I had at the time, and the Pachmeyers were on the Smith Model 10 when I inherited it from my stepfather, :)
I figured the beer was cheap enough even the maker couldn't argue with using it like this.
Feel free to reproduce/post anywhere with attribution. :) Thank you for the support.

firesky101
December 28, 2011, 10:06 PM
wow you took that yourself? you could really put the real PSA's to shame. Seriously though, I figured you got that poster from somewhere, nice job

chevyman097
December 28, 2011, 10:23 PM
Anyone who drinks milwaukees beast deserves to go to jail! plain and simple! lol

Really though, stay safe everyone.

bikerdoc
December 28, 2011, 10:47 PM
Boring, old, me hasnt seen a New year since the turn of the century.

But that is some top notch advice.

Ya'all be safe out there.

talldragon
December 29, 2011, 03:01 PM
Definately good advice :).

Nice job armoredman! :cool::D

deputy tom
December 29, 2011, 05:38 PM
Good post Armoredman.You should have included car keys in the picture as well.tom.

Black Knight
December 29, 2011, 07:17 PM
Good reminder. While I don't drink I have friends that do. I would like to see that as a poster at each gunshop and maybe each firing range. Lets stay safe.

kbbailey
December 29, 2011, 07:39 PM
I wonder if Kansaspaul is related to arkansaspaul??

armoredman
December 30, 2011, 01:30 AM
Black Knight, feel free to download and print it anywhere you think it will do some good.

jimmyraythomason
December 30, 2011, 07:10 PM
RC asked:"And who put the funky Pachmayr grips on that nice old S&W?" Actually I have a set just like that on my 29-2 and a similar set on th 686 no-dash I just traded. They may not be becoming on the old Smiths but they sure help tame the recoil!

The Lone Haranguer
December 30, 2011, 07:29 PM
The concept and message are fine, the execution leaves a bit to be desired. Milwaukee's Best Light?!? :what::barf:

wrs840
December 30, 2011, 07:41 PM
"Wake up Daddy, the Ball is dropping!"

Huh? Yeah... (kiss wife, kiss daughter, kiss son...)

Snore...

That's been my routine since Y2K.

Ya'll be careful out there...

Trunk Monkey
December 30, 2011, 08:19 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

Vern Humphrey
December 30, 2011, 08:19 PM
If the Libyans can do it to celebrate the death of their dictator, and his eventual replacement, why can't I to celebrate changing my calendar over?
Libyans are not noted for their intelligence -- if they were smart, they'd have got rid of that bozo long ago.

Ragnar Danneskjold
December 30, 2011, 08:42 PM
Due to my extreme dislike of holidays and celebrations, all of my drinking takes place in the solitude of my apartment, where my guns are locked up. Great poster though. I don't see where the problem would be.

KansasPaul
December 30, 2011, 11:15 PM
"I wonder if Kansaspaul is related to arkansaspaul??"

No, I'm not related to Arkansaspaul..... but I like his name?

Kansaspaul

armoredman
December 31, 2011, 01:25 PM
Lone, it was the only beer I had/could afford at the time. :)

xfyrfiter
December 31, 2011, 01:33 PM
Albuquerque NM had a PSA this am, that stated all of the violations you will be charged with, if you indescriminately fire a weapon into the air, in that fair city this new years eve. Believe me, that list was long, and serious.

armoredman
January 2, 2012, 12:03 PM
Yes, AZ has had a law against it for some years now. I heard very, very few gunshots at midnight.

bob barker
January 2, 2012, 12:07 PM
And this is why people shouldn't fire weapons into the air.. Seems to happen every year.
http://m.cnn.com/primary/wk_article?articleId=urn:newsml:CNN.com:20120101:florida-celebratory-gunfire:1&branding=&category=cnnd_us&pagesize=10

12 year old Florida boy who will never be the same.

If you enjoyed reading about "Safety reminder for this weekend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!