Where do you buy your bulk ammo?

PDA

InkEd
December 28, 2011, 08:23 PM
I am now to the point in my shooting hobbies that buying ammo in bulk (1000rds) at a time in certain calibers makes sense. (I do not reload or want to start reloading either.) I want to know what kind of deals you guys are finding on bulk practice ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where do you buy your bulk ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mdm3
December 28, 2011, 08:28 PM
SGAmmo.com usually has pretty competitive deals and they are good to deal with.

MoscowMike
December 28, 2011, 08:38 PM
A good place to check for on-line deals is http://gun-deals.com/

They depend on users to post prices, but if you enter your zip they will also give you a shipping estimate. That can make a real difference.

Some vendors will only ship adult signature required. If you want to have them leave it on your porch, that can be a problem.

- Mike

Joshua M.
December 28, 2011, 08:42 PM
www.ammoengine.com

Bubbles
December 28, 2011, 08:45 PM
I just placed a fairly large order with these guys: http://www.LuckyGunner.com/

FWIW their "bulk" ammo means 25k rounds or more in one shipment.

W.E.G.
December 28, 2011, 08:58 PM
AIM Surplus (http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=5&name=Ammo)

Widener's (http://wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=18)

JohnnyK
December 28, 2011, 09:08 PM
+1 on www.gun-deals.com I also shot @ www.militaryshooters.com

browneu
December 28, 2011, 09:28 PM
natchezss.com

levsmith
December 28, 2011, 09:39 PM
Another +1 on gun-deals.com. Just click the ammo deals tab and you can sort by total price per round to find the cheapest. I always check there before going to shows since people like to rip you off at gun shows these days.

bikerdoc
December 28, 2011, 09:43 PM
The_Armory.com

dev_null
December 28, 2011, 10:29 PM
Ammoman
Cheaper Than Dirt
AIM Surplus

Depends who's got what in stock and at what prices.

303tom
December 28, 2011, 10:49 PM
Midway............

bigdogpete
December 29, 2011, 12:19 AM
SGAmmo.com usually has pretty competitive deals and they are good to deal with.
+1 on SGAmmo.

EBShooting
December 29, 2011, 12:21 AM
+1 to ammoman. Always free shipping.

Ignition Override
December 29, 2011, 12:51 AM
Joshua M.:
That site "ammoengine" has some choices, but have you compared it with "Ammo-seek"? This one seems to have more choices for .303 British.

Evil Monkey
December 29, 2011, 12:59 AM
What I've found is that buying ammo online doesn't always save you money.

It all depends on where you live because of shipping costs, and how much the online vendor is selling the ammo for.

I've found that in many cases, either I'm paying more than wal mart prices, or I'm only saving at most, like $20 per thousand.

That's not enough of a savings for me unless I was buying a thousand rounds a month. But if I'm only shooting up a thousand rounds every 4 months, I'm only saving 5 bucks a month. I'd rather just buy it locally if it's available.......

doc2rn
December 29, 2011, 01:48 AM
I try not to give in to Wallie World, so I usually go with one of the online vendors usually Midway or Cheaper than Dirt. If I cannot buy it from one of the LGS in my area. Been having quite the time with dud rimfire ammo from the LGS lately, though. My next purchase will be back online.

elano
December 29, 2011, 02:10 AM
sportsmansguide.com is pretty good

BigSteve57
December 29, 2011, 08:38 AM
I've gone through this website:

http://ammoseek.com/

They aren't dealers themselves but I really like their search engine.

303tom
December 29, 2011, 09:02 AM
I am now to the point in my shooting hobbies that buying ammo in bulk (1000rds) at a time in certain calibers makes sense. (I do not reload or want to start reloading either.) I want to know what kind of deals you guys are finding on bulk practice ammo.
I believe the OP asked.

Where do you buy your bulk ammo ?

Not how do you find ammo ?

I get most of mine at Midway, because I can drive there & get it & usually get it cheaper than the advertized price, because I know the manager. We are shooting buddies, he makes more money off me than the average buyer because I buy more ammo.

InkEd
December 29, 2011, 09:44 AM
Thank you gentlemen. The shipping cost does often negate the savings on it. However, it looks like sometimes there is enough savings ($50+) to make it worthwhile.

doc540
December 29, 2011, 09:56 AM
bulk ammo for?

match shooting

plinking

personal defense practice

massive hog slaughter

??

InkEd
December 29, 2011, 10:32 AM
I said "practice ammo." Basic FMJ type stuff.

heeler
December 29, 2011, 10:43 AM
Shipping is not all that bad when you deal with the right seller.
In the end when I have purchased lots of 500 to 1,000 rounds I have never paid more than $12-$22.00 for shipping.
It beats Texas 8.25% sales Tax on the items purchased and I wont buy if the ammo is not priced low to begin with such as the Natchez e-mail I just received.
Example PMC 9mm fmj for $9.79 a box.

JohnBiltz
December 29, 2011, 02:17 PM
That is the thing, sales tax versus shipping and the two tend to run about the same depending.

InkEd
December 30, 2011, 01:40 PM
Tennessee sales tax is 9.25% plus a $0.10 tax stamp on each box.

jwgml
December 30, 2011, 06:10 PM
Bulk ammo? I live in the (expletive) (expletive) (expletive) commie pinko state of taxachusetts which prohibits purchasing ammo via mail. Four Seasons in Woburn, Massachusetts seems to have the best deals in the area and I stop in almost weekly. I also try and buy a single box or two when in other gun shops but I must confess to occasionally buying my winchester whites, bird shot and 22lr at a NH wally world. mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

B!ngo
December 31, 2011, 02:11 AM
Just checked out this site. Thanks for the tip. Seems like a great way to order ammo. I went to WW today and bought some but just hate going there. First and last time in years.

spikedzombies
December 31, 2011, 03:04 AM
surplus my and arms lakewood wa they have a website just google it.

Sent vs Mytouch 4G

spikedzombies
December 31, 2011, 03:06 AM
Err auto correct I meant surplus ammo Arms, damn app won't let me edit.

Sent vs Mytouch 4G

LongTimeGone
December 31, 2011, 10:01 AM
What's up with the wally world hate?
I buy some ammo online when there is an exceptional deal on hi quality ammo.
But my local wally has the cheapest cheap ammo for my .22s, .223, 9mms , and.45s.
I do buy Wolf Target Match .22lr online 'cause I can't get it locally.
Heading to the club to shoot wally's wwb 9s and .45s when I get up from this comfy chair.

jwash3rd
December 31, 2011, 05:32 PM
I don't have a problem buying ammo at Walmart. It's one thing you can get there (with the exception of Tula and the occasional box of RWS) that you can count on being made in the USA! Last summer I bought a case of Blazer .22 from Dunn's Sporting Goods online for $159 shipped. A hair over $.03 a round ain't bad for .22 that goes bang every time.

Scuba_Steve
December 31, 2011, 06:01 PM
Like many others, I purchase most from SGAmmo and Surplus ammo.

I did just purchase 1000 rounds of .45 reloads for $280 +25 shipping from "Get on Target" They come in boxes of 50 and you can see the brass has been used once, but they look good.

I'm going to the range tomorrow to run a box through 3 different 1911's and if they work as well as I think they will, this will be my new supplier for .45.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where do you buy your bulk ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!