PMAGs

PDA

InkEd
December 29, 2011, 12:14 PM
I have recently taken to the PMAGs and other than wishing they had a more aggressive waffle pattern, I have no other serious complaints about them.

I was wondering two things about them. Mainly, how well they hold-up over time and what/where is the best price for them? (FWIW I don't care if they have the little window.)

If you enjoyed reading about "PMAGs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lexjj
December 29, 2011, 12:17 PM
PMAG's hold up great.

$14.99 is an every-day-of-the-week kind of price.
$11.99 is a great sale price.

CoRoMo
December 29, 2011, 12:18 PM
Finding them between $10-$12 will be as good as you might expect. At least, I've never found them cheaper than that, and I buy them when I find them in that range.

FWIW, you can do some stippling on them to give them one seriously aggressive texture.

ATLDave
December 29, 2011, 12:30 PM
CoRoMo, do you stipple with heat (soldering iron/woodburner) or a drill?

IDriveB5
December 29, 2011, 12:34 PM
Another solution is adding grip tape. I cut out the tape to fit inside the lower recesses. This adds a good bit of grip.

CoRoMo
December 29, 2011, 12:45 PM
Soldering iron: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUY0n3asxww A Pmag is a cheap way to practice too, rather than practicing on the old USP 45.

The least expensive online price I've found for Pmags was ~$14 shipped.

helotaxi
December 29, 2011, 02:11 PM
Currently $11.99 ($13.99 for the widowed versions) at Surplus ammo.

I've got more than 50 of them and never had even a hiccup that I could attribute to the mag.

kwelz
December 29, 2011, 04:38 PM
I use a mix of PMAGs, Lancer AWMs, and Troy Battlemags. All hold up very well.

If you enjoyed reading about "PMAGs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!