what guns should I buy that are prone to being banned

PDA

JBrady555
December 29, 2011, 11:52 PM
Hey All, just wondering whats hot on the "possibility of being banned list". I know I want to pick up a saiga 12 and probably a MPA Mac style pistol, but what else is out there that we may not be able to buy in the future? Thanks for any info.

If you enjoyed reading about "what guns should I buy that are prone to being banned" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fallout mike
December 29, 2011, 11:56 PM
You want to buy certain guns just bc they may get banned?

splithoof
December 29, 2011, 11:56 PM
Thats easy: anything that is currently for sale in California.

JBrady555
December 30, 2011, 12:00 AM
Its not the idea that I want to buy guns just because they may get banned, but I would hate to not get something I want because it is banned. In other words I would pass up a "soon to be banned gun" if I didn't really want it, but if their was a "soon to be banned gun" that I did want, it would jump to the top of my wishlist.

JTHunter
December 30, 2011, 12:05 AM
Its not the idea that I want to buy guns just because they may get banned, but I would hate to not get something I want because it is banned. In other words I would pass up a "soon to be banned gun" if I didn't really want it, but if their was a "soon to be banned gun" that I did want, it would jump to the top of my wishlist.

With this administration, that may apply to ANY gun, even a single-shot .22!

JBrady555
December 30, 2011, 12:06 AM
well we are soon to get rid of this administration.....I hope

N003k
December 30, 2011, 12:14 AM
Depends, are you in any of the states that actually have been INCREASING gun control measures? If not, then probably none. Unless you end up seeing a landslide Democratic election in 2012. In which case, potentially anything that would fall under the prior AWB.

Though, I honestly doubt there'll be enough popular support, nor enough congresspeople willing to give up their seat in the next election to vote any more controls in. I'd only be worried if you start seeing a lot of polls going for more gun control.

JBrady555
December 30, 2011, 12:22 AM
I'm in Florida so I guess I'm pretty safe aren't I?

N003k
December 30, 2011, 12:25 AM
Pretty much, like I said, only real threat is if you start seeing more popular support for gun control measures. Remember, elected officials in congress don't have term limits, and it tends to be an easy gig for them overall, they tend to like to KEEP the job. They tend to vote in methods to ensure they will continue to:
A) Keep getting donations from large contributors.
B) Keep getting elected.

Gun control votes aren't a good way to keep doing that for the vast majority of elected officials.

Murphy4570
December 30, 2011, 01:00 AM
Play it safe: Buy one of everything!

TennJed
December 30, 2011, 01:02 AM
Better advise is to buy 2 of everything. what if your only copy of a banned gun breaks!

bushmaster1313
December 30, 2011, 01:16 AM
A) .50 BMG: Who but a terrorist would want that much firepower?

B) I expect that more and more states will adopt rules restricting the size of detachable magazines. This will allow politicians to claim that they are passing legislation to protect their citizens from tragedies like the one at Virginia Tech.

C) I expect that additional states will ban long guns with detachable magazines, a/k/a "assault weapons." Like it or not, California is a leader to many in things like this.

cooldude14
December 30, 2011, 01:17 AM
Definitely a saiga rifle I can see these being banned from importation, and being like the chinese sks' that were 100 dollars until they were banned

Earlsbud
December 30, 2011, 01:45 AM
I'll suggest a gun that WILL cease to be available eventually. An M1 Garand from the CMP.

J_McLeod
December 30, 2011, 01:56 AM
If you are afraid of a gun ban, buy a lot of AR stripped lowers. You can get them as low as 60 each and ad the parts to make them ARs later. The lower is the receiver which is considered the firearm. Everything else is just parts and not regulated.

tyeo098
December 30, 2011, 01:58 AM
Anything black and scary.

Dmitri Popov
December 30, 2011, 02:07 AM
I'll suggest anything that remotely looks or operates like a military issue rifle.

Seeing as how the Second Amendment was designed to allow the People to be as well armed as the military in order to actually be capable of resisting tyranical government, these will be the first weapons "banned".

Here's what to look for IMO...
-removable mag.
-semi auto
-centerfire
-affordable*

I mention affordable because, as everyone knows, anytime a good gun comes out that is affordable to the masses, it terrifies the Liberal Elite. Heck, even poor quality weapons at an affordable price scare them, because they know that when the masses are armed, The People have the power, not the Liberal ruling class. Such is the reason the 2A is so hated/feared by the Libs.

Man, everytime I get on here I rant don't I?
Sorry...kinda...

Metal Tiger
December 30, 2011, 03:03 AM
Thats easy: anything that is currently for sale in California.

Thats about it in Cali-10-Round-Fornia:what:

M2 Carbine
December 30, 2011, 10:22 AM
This might be a good start.

Kel Tec PLR .223. I bought two.
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x464/Bell-helicopter-407/PLRCarbinesling-1.jpg

I bought this Turkish ATI 92C. I like it so well and I figure any import gun is in danger of being banned at any time, I bought two more. (Friends bought 5 more)
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x464/Bell-helicopter-407/ATC92.jpg

jackpinesavages
December 30, 2011, 10:28 AM
Study up on the United Nations Small arms treaty which this DC Admin. is pushing for. I have not yet looked at the details in the paperwork, but it sounds like it's in the pipeline. Won't matter which state you live in. :cuss:

CoRoMo
December 30, 2011, 10:56 AM
...I would hate to not get something I want...
I'd suggest buying what you want then. I don't think anyone can tell you what might get banned, and we certainly can't tell you what you want.

Baba Louie
December 30, 2011, 02:47 PM
I could see the Saiga shotguns becoming relabeled as "Destructive Devices" soon, and as M2Carbine stated, "Imports" as neither would require Congressional action, just Treasury honcho and Exec Order... writing a few words on paper... and presto chango, Voila! Verboten. Saigas would be impacted by both... sporting purposes not-with-standing.

If the past has shown us anything, "shall not be infringed" means squat, er, I mean, "reasonable regulations".

Say that with me. "Shall Not Be Infringed" means "Reasonable Regulations". Make sense? Sure.

Buy whatcha want. I remember once hearing Ted Kennedy speak of banning the cop killer .30-30 round... but then, talk is cheap and anything is possible. :rolleyes:

buck460XVR
December 30, 2011, 03:12 PM
Hey All, just wondering whats hot on the "possibility of being banned list". I know I want to pick up a saiga 12 and probably a MPA Mac style pistol, but what else is out there that we may not be able to buy in the future? Thanks for any info.

Best answer so far is............

I'd suggest buying what you want then. I don't think anyone can tell you what might get banned, and we certainly can't tell you what you want.

The climate for guns in the U.S. is more favorable now than for the last several decades. Look at the record sales of new guns lately, and these are everyday folks buying everyday guns. Look at the amount of primetime T.V. guns shows, as opposed to ten years ago. I doubt very much that there will be any major "banning" at the federal level any time soon of guns that are readily available now. We have much bigger priorities and politicians have read the writing on the wall. Two years ago the shortage of guns and ammo was consumer produced because of a threat that was assumed, but non-existent. Just ask those that paid way too much for their ARs back then...........

I agree with CoRoMo....get what you want and what you think you need. Makes more sense than just to buy something because some stranger on a internet forum wearing tin foil, tells you to.

Prince Yamato
December 30, 2011, 03:16 PM
I could see the Saiga shotguns becoming relabeled as "Destructive Devices" soon, and as M2Carbine stated, "Imports" as neither would require Congressional action, just Treasury honcho and Exec Order... writing a few words on paper... and presto chango, Voila! Verboten. Saigas would be impacted by both... sporting purposes not-with-standing.

:

The "sporting purposes" clause no longer applies to imported shotguns. Frankly, I wouldn't worry about massive, sweeping bans anytime soon.

Sam1911
December 30, 2011, 03:32 PM
The climate for guns in the U.S. is more favorable now than for the last several decades. Look at the record sales of new guns lately, and these are everyday folks buying everyday guns. Look at the amount of primetime T.V. guns shows, as opposed to ten years ago. I doubt very much that there will be any major "banning" at the federal level any time soon of guns that are readily available now. We have much bigger priorities and politicians have read the writing on the wall. Two years ago the shortage of guns and ammo was consumer produced because of a threat that was assumed, but non-existent. Just ask those that paid way too much for their ARs back then...........

I agree with CoRoMo....get what you want and what you think you need. Makes more sense than just to buy something because some stranger on a internet forum wearing tin foil, tells you to.

Repeating this as Buck has his head screwed on perfectly straight. Buy what ever you actually might like to shoot, and will actually shoot, now, today and tomorrow. We aren't really facing any credible gun ban threats at the moment and the tide of gun control is still heavily on the ebb, as it has been for the last decade or so.

Buying something really crappy, unergonomic, bulky, and generally useless (like a semi-auto MAC-10 clone) just because it might be banned someday doesn't make a lick of sense, unless you're preying on the nuttyness of others -- thinking you'll sell it for a fortune to some other sucker after the ban comes down.

Earlsbud has the best advice in the whole thread. There are some guns which are of tremendous quality, history, and utility which are becoming less and less available for utterly inevitable reasons which have nothing to do with politics and gun bans. If you haven't taken care of some of the "basics" like an M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, 1903/'03A3, etc., then you're being penny wise and pound foolish to worry what the current or next administration thinks about goofy semi-auto sub-gun clones.

jackpinesavages
December 30, 2011, 04:09 PM
Right, and these meetings haven't been taking place with the UN spearheading....

http://www.un.org/disarmament/convarms/ArmsTradeTreaty/

..and what's more..." During the Bush presidency, American gun owners had an ally in the White House. But President Obama reversed course, with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton expressing hope for a "strong and robust treaty that contains the highest possible, legally binding standards."

The final version of the treaty isn't due out until 2012, but the Chairman's draft version that was made available in July is troubling. It predictably includes small arms and light weapons in the scope of the treaty's control, but goes as far as to cover firearm ammunition, "parts and components" and "technology and equipment" designed to "develop, manufacture or maintain" firearms. How far will the international bureaucrats take these definitions? Scopes? Slings? Cleaning patches?"

Nothing to see here, move along you sheeple...

Sam1911
December 30, 2011, 04:16 PM
Right, and these meetings haven't been taking place with the UN spearheading....

http://www.un.org/disarmament/convarms/ArmsTradeTreaty/

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

Yeah, this one's been around a few times. Search THR for "UN Treaty" and you'll see.

We can share with people that the sky isn't really falling, but having the faithful earnestly believing that the wolf is scratching at halfway through the door certainly has its uses.

Hacker15E
December 30, 2011, 04:19 PM
The final version of the treaty isn't due out until 2012

Did you even read the link that you posted?

They held a meeting of the "Preparation Committee" to decide about holding a meeting to draft something. They're not even in the same neighborhood as actually having a "treaty", much less preparing to issue some kind of final document.

Sam1911
December 30, 2011, 04:28 PM
They're not even in the same neighborhood as actually having a "treaty", much less preparing to issue some kind of final document.And military small arms issued since at least 60 years ago are completely illegal to import into this country for sale to the citizens anyway, and have been since 1968.

The UN treaty, if it ever does come to something, isn't aimed at our privately owned firearms -- even our semi-auto AKM copies. It is aimed at some of the things nations (like our own country from time to time) do with their vast stockpiles of military arms like arming guerrilla forces, paramilitary groups, sick freaks like the LRA, "resistance fighters," "contras," "rebels," "freedom fighters," "insurgents," etc., etc.

Now, whether you believe that the proliferation of small arms to people who want/need/can afford them across the world is a good or bad thing, and whether you believe that the UN should be trying to create an enforceable policy against it, is a whole 'nother question and must remain outside the scope of THR.

It is, however, interesting food for thought as we consider Heinlein's old adage about an armed society being a polite one.

ilbob
December 30, 2011, 04:48 PM
I think the chances are better that currently "banned" guns will become unbanned than any existing ones will be banned.

JBrady555
December 30, 2011, 05:04 PM
thanks for all the great info everyone

jackpinesavages
December 30, 2011, 06:25 PM
Why, yes I did. Thank You.

Thanks for the wolf reference Sam. No disrespect intended.

As a sheepdog I'd rather the flock be wary-I can take longer doughnut breaks. :D

Did you even read the link that you posted?

They held a meeting of the "Preparation Committee" to decide about holding a meeting to draft something. They're not even in the same neighborhood as actually having a "treaty", much less preparing to issue some kind of final document.

Dmitri Popov
December 30, 2011, 11:27 PM
Ban's are, in my opinion, much closer than what alot of people like to think. The current course of events shows a glimpse of what is happening behind the scenes.
The Executive branch is setting things up to where they can in effect "ban" or at least limit our access to arms. All without the say so of the Congress. They'll achieve it through background actions by ATF and DOJ, and through strategic placement of officials in the Judicial branch (now granted congress does have to approve justices, the approval of Kagan and Sotomayor doesn't give me any kind of faith that they will deny anyone nominated by the POTUS).

People like to say that Congress won't pass another AWB, And that's mostly correct. They won't because they won't have to. Not directly at least. The Anti's will let the people who either aren't elected, are in their final term, or are elected for life do the dirty work.

The truth is, any measure that moves the Peoples access to arms further away from that of the Federal goverments (ex. NFA, GCA 68, etc) is blatantly anti 2A. Because ANY such act would reduce the People's effectiveness against a Tyrannical government.

People often look down on people who prepare for a SHTF scenario, but honestly isn't that kinda the purpose of the 2A? Because my understanding of the 2A, and the Framers intentions, seem to point to this. Honestly wouldn't a Tyrannical Government qualify as a SHTF situation? I think so...

All that said I personally believe you should get whatever is closest to the Military Standard.
-Uses standard AR mags
-Uses 5.56 or similar standard
-easily obtainable parts (AR-15 for example)
***Add this list to my prvious post***
It is my opinion that semi-military equivalent rifles will absolutely be facing significant scrutiny in one way or another If the elections go the wrong way...

jwash3rd
December 31, 2011, 05:21 PM
All we need is one more liberal judge on the Supreme court and things could change in a real hurry.

Zoogster
December 31, 2011, 05:47 PM
J_McLeod said: If you are afraid of a gun ban, buy a lot of AR stripped lowers. You can get them as low as 60 each and ad the parts to make them ARs later.

Well maybe only if you want a bunch of them for yourself.

The California example of assault weapon laws never allows a registered "assault weapon" to be transferred to another regular citizen within the state.
Heirs cannot inherit them, they cannot be sold, or transferred to another regular state citizen.
This means their value is next to nothing in the state.
So anyone that rushed out to by multiple with the hopes of selling them for profit later is stuck with a bunch of worthless firearms.
Especially since prior to a ban firearms are sold for a premium, so they likely bought them above previous retail value.
The only thing keeping them worth anything is the fact that they can be sold out of state still.
Otherwise they would be worth only what police were willing to pay for them.

The Lone Haranguer
January 1, 2012, 08:18 AM
The premise of the question assumes that such guns would be "grandfathered" in a future ban. I wouldn't be too quick to make such an assumption.

lmccrock
January 1, 2012, 09:59 AM
If you are afraid of a gun ban, buy a lot of AR stripped lowers. You can get them as low as 60 each and ad the parts to make them ARs later. The lower is the receiver which is considered the firearm. Everything else is just parts and not regulated.
Well, the '94 ban was interpreted to mean that unless it was built into a banned configuration before the ban, then it could not be built into a banned configuration. That is, a pre-ban stripped receiver is not a pre-ban firearm. Hard to prove, yes, just be aware.

22-rimfire
January 1, 2012, 11:35 AM
If you assume that "banned" guns would be grand fathered, if you want to speculate, then I would look at the European EBR's as the more likely choices that might be restricted. I believe all it takes is an Executive Order by the President to halt imports.

I don't think this is going to happen. So for me, I would acquire the firearms that you normally would buy because you like them or want to use them.

Shear_stress
January 1, 2012, 01:57 PM
Our side has won the lion's share of the legal victories of the past decade. At this point gun bans are less likely than they've been in forty years and ownership of ban-candy such as "military-style" semi-automatic rifles has finally become completely mainstream.

I'm all for vigilance, but for the love of god just get what you like. We gun owners are guilty of creating our own de facto bans when we let ourselves "buy" into fearmongering.

Standing Wolf
January 1, 2012, 03:09 PM
what guns should I buy that are prone to being banned

All of them. That's a flippant response; I'm afraid, however, there's more than a grain of truth in it. The Marxists who call themselves "liberals" or "progressives" have made it abundantly clear they intend to prohibit all ordinary citizens from having any and all guns—period. They know they can't rescind the Second Amendment, nor can they ban many guns at a time, but that just makes them more rather than less determined.

They went after an entire class of guns at the federal level in the 1990s: so-called "assault rifles," only to discover manufacturers and buyers were glad to build similar rifles, then discover they couldn't make that law permament. In California, they handed the state attorney general the power to make up fake "safety standards" to force manufacturers to submit guns for "safety testing" and pay large sums for the insult. In some states, so-called "assault rifle" bans are still on the books, and magazine capacity is regulated. The Marxists are nickel-diming us, doing their best to make firearms ownership too bothersome for more and more people. The Chinese called that the "death of a thousand cuts."

Trying to guess which guns they'll prohibit us from owning next may be unavoidable, but it doesn't address the problem. Banning specific classes of guns or types of firearms gadgetry is a tactic. The Marxist strategy is to get all of them out of the hands of the commoners.

We need to fight the strategy, not the tactics. Actually, we need to fight both, but I believe we need to bear the Marxist strategy and goal foremost in mind at all times.

My best recommendation: buy more guns, buy as many without paper as possible, and never forget for a moment the openly declared enemy won't be satisfied unless he's turned you into a defenseless serf and ward of the state.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
January 1, 2012, 03:09 PM
what guns should I buy that are prone to being banned?

All of them.

CajunBass
January 1, 2012, 08:32 PM
I'd suggest you buy an NRA membership, and work to keep any ban from happening.

langenc
January 1, 2012, 08:57 PM
Get a good bolt action, scoped 308 or 30-06 and a 223 the same way. Also 1000 rounds for each in reserve.

JBrady555
January 1, 2012, 09:06 PM
I've got a NRA membership

FROGO207
January 1, 2012, 10:31 PM
As someone stated in a previous post the firearms that you want are the ones that use the same ammo as the government. The ammo is available for them and for us as civilians in the standard NATO calibers like 9MM, 45 ACP, 5.56/223, 308, and 30-06. I would also throw in .22, 12 GA, 38/357, and 7.62X39 due to common availability of inexpensive ammo at the present time. Bolt action are more reliable than semi auto and less likely to be banned as soon and any of the pistols revolvers in common calibers are a good thing to have. I am sure others will disagree but this is my "best guess" list.

wannabeagunsmith
January 1, 2012, 10:40 PM
I would suggest any handgun.

rcmodel
January 1, 2012, 10:43 PM
Buying guns that "Might be banned" is an exercise in frustation.

How do you know the next gun ban is going to "grandfather in" all the guns you own or buy now, like the last couple of gun bans did??

In short, you don't know.

rc

bigdogpete
January 1, 2012, 11:03 PM
I'll suggest a gun that WILL cease to be available eventually. An M1 Garand from the CMP.
And that won't be very long, I am afraid. Thinking about one more.

Dysfunctional Individual
January 2, 2012, 03:01 AM
Anything with scary features: Barrel shroud, flash hider, collapsible or folding stock, high-capacity magazines, etc.

Anything "armor-piercing" or "incendiary": FN Five-seveN, .50 BMG, tracers, surplus specialty rounds, etc.

Anything banned in CA, IL or NYC

Ignition Override
January 2, 2012, 08:18 PM
The more disturbing possibilities, however unlikely in the near future, are an excellent reason to make a private transaction at a gun show.

People complain about gun show's entrance charges but these charges can not compare with the opportunities, especially for people who believe everything that they read or rumours they hear from scalper$. Fear sells.

If actual govt. registration (or worse) were just "around the corner", all of our gun shows would be packed with people all day long, even those with wide aisles. The show on Dec. 23rd was smaller than usual and the attendance truly pathetic (and no surprise).

A gun sold by the CMP to a friend was later sold to me.
The only possible records of any of my guns being purchased would be kept-if still required-by a large surplus miltaria business in NH, and the other is down south.

A Presidential Executive Order still requires the approval of Congress, does it not?

Dmitri Popov
January 2, 2012, 11:25 PM
I think Congress can overturn an executive order, but I don't think the POTUS needs permission to declare one. Thats what makes it an EO.

baylorattorney
January 2, 2012, 11:45 PM
I dont foresee any bans coming. If there are, it would be assault rifles or any semi automatic rifle with a high capacity. I'd say the FiveseveN but attempts at getting it banned got the ammo pretty much banned by sen Hillary and chuck schumer of new York.

Mark, esquire

pwrstrkd
January 17, 2012, 01:25 PM
Hi,
I got a buddy that enjoys shooting guns and is really into ar-15's. Being in NJ, we can have similar models as long as they dont have certain "evil" features. He wants to buy one but is worried about future laws/bans that might restrict the ownership/purchasing right. I try to tell him not to worry about that, but he is hesitant and doesnt want to spend money on something that might someday be not legal to own. Do you see any future serious gun laws that will prevent certain ownership rights? Is it possible to ban certain guns outright in such a broad sense? NJ has an AWB that lists firearms that NJ residents are strictly prohibited. Who says this list can grow and become ever more restricted?

Sam1911
January 17, 2012, 01:49 PM
(Threads merged.)

Strykervet
January 17, 2012, 01:52 PM
Saiga shotgun and the drum have "anti target" painted all over... .50 semi autos too.

american lockpicker
January 17, 2012, 04:02 PM
FN 5.7(Brady hates it), any AK, AR, fun looking semi auto mil type weapon(PPS43c, Suomi, Sterling, etc.) any import, and pretty much anything that looks cool...

whalerman
January 17, 2012, 10:36 PM
I would agree that the general political wind in this country has been favorable regarding gun laws. However, two very biased Supreme Court justices have been added this term. If Obama wins again, and I believe he will, the opportunity will be there to add at least one more, maybe two. That's half the Supreme Court that has been packed in the last 8 years and those folks will be with us for a long, long time. I believe we could lose our rights so fast it would shock us. The wrong case comes to the Supreme Court, it could be over with one sweeping decision. To think the last big case was decided on a 5-4 decision when the case was absolutely made for us. If we don't defeat Obama, next time, we will lose. We cannot allow him to continue to stack the Court against the Constitution. And you can bet that's the way the vote will go.

BigSteve57
January 17, 2012, 10:52 PM
I would agree that the general political wind in this country has been favorable regarding gun laws. However, two very biased Supreme Court justices have been added this term. If Obama wins again, and I believe he will, the opportunity will be there to add at least one more, maybe two. That's half the Supreme Court that has been packed in the last 8 years and those folks will be with us for a long, long time. I believe we could lose our rights so fast it would shock us. The wrong case comes to the Supreme Court, it could be over with one sweeping decision. To think the last big case was decided on a 5-4 decision when the case was absolutely made for us. If we don't defeat Obama, next time, we will lose. We cannot allow him to continue to stack the Court against the Constitution. And you can bet that's the way the vote will go.
I believe you to be correct. And now I'm completely depressed.

NM Rancher
January 18, 2012, 12:58 AM
Buck 460XRV... " Guns are like Harleys and women" I've got a whole lot of guns , couple of bikes and one woman. The latter cost the most!

NM Rancher
January 18, 2012, 01:04 AM
BigSteve57, worry not my friend! Remember a man with a gun is a citizen, a man without is a serf. Americans do love their guns!

gym
January 18, 2012, 03:16 PM
You will end up overpaying for a gun you don't really care for. If you like AR's and don't have one, prices are reasonable, also the slide fire stocks. Especially if you buy one used without it being registered in your name, "just in case they decide to disqualify them" they are making them for the AK now also, and the 2nd Gen model is out. It looks more like a regular AR stock. Other than that 50's, saiga shotguns. The usual suspects, but buy something you like. Personally as long as we keep the preasure and a watchful eye on Washington, we should be ok, donate to the NRA, half of what you were going to spend. And keep them going, working for our rights.

86250rrippin
January 18, 2012, 09:48 PM
lol, just got a plr16 myself, nasty lil buggers !!!

Ignition Override
January 19, 2012, 02:25 AM
BigSteve57:
True, it is sobering to read that, but maybe if more people are reminded of that, they won't think twice about voting next November or joining the NRA.

HoosierQ
January 19, 2012, 12:25 PM
not this tired thread...again...:scrutiny:

JustinJ
January 19, 2012, 12:43 PM
When one looks at what has happened in the vast majority of other developed nations its hard not to think gun rights in the US will not be further eroded over time. I absolutely hope this is not the case but i'm not too optimistic. The current trend is in our favor but the views of society are anything but static.

Anyways, my purchasing is certainly influenced by concerns of future legislation. I won't buy a gun i have no interest in just because it may get banned but the ones i do want that tend to get targeted by anti-gun groups are higher on my list of what to get next. I think if any substantial anti gun legislation gets passed it will look very much like the assault weapons ban. As others have stated i worry about imported guns that can be readily converted back to their original military form(minus select fire). Legislation banning such guns doesn't worry me as much as some ridiculous new ATF interpretation. High cap mags are also something i buy frequently. I also think owning a few AR receivers is not a bad idea as they would not likely be affected by any new legislation.

JCinAK
January 19, 2012, 01:23 PM

:) Best answer! Might take a few years to accomplish though.

Kermujin
January 20, 2012, 01:21 PM
I live in SoCal and I'm buying an M1A as soon as I can just for that reason. It won't be long before ALL rifles in Ca are like the mini-14; 5 rounds at a time!

If you enjoyed reading about "what guns should I buy that are prone to being banned" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!