AR15 Help

PDA

AK Gun Man 88
December 30, 2011, 01:54 AM
So my wife told me she wants an AR15. :D So last night we sat down and we talked about what she wants. She wants a stock bare bones A2 with Gov't Barrel. The only thing different is she wants a 6 pos collapsible stock instead of the A2 stock. Am I going to run into any issues using a carbine stock on a rifle length gas system. Forgive me if this is posted somewhere (my searching skills are lacking today) and I am pretty new to the AR15 world (although I managed to build an close to SP1 replica as my budget allowed...just waiting on the chrome slick BCG)

If you enjoyed reading about "AR15 Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ugaarguy
December 30, 2011, 02:13 AM
Rifle length gas is very soft shooting. No issues using a collapsible stock on a rifle, other than the shorter buffer tube changes the balance to where they're more front heavy. Mechanically, it'll work just fine. Awesome to hear that your wife wants her own AR-15. :)

AK Gun Man 88
December 30, 2011, 02:27 AM
Yeah I got a great one...benefits of marrying a girl in AK.

MistWolf
December 30, 2011, 03:30 AM
I have a 20" rifle with the UBR stock which uses the carbine receiver extension, buffer & spring and it works fine.

You could use the VLTOR A5 RE which uses a rifle length spring, a special length buffer and a collapsing stock. Using the rifle length spring gives a softer recoil impulse

If you enjoyed reading about "AR15 Help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!