bipod twang fix

PDA

IsaacCarlson
December 30, 2011, 08:27 PM
I stuck some 3/16 braided rope in my springs to get rid of the twang. It worked! It looks completely stock and cost me all of 5 cents. No ugly shrink tubing.....YUCK...and I didn't have to take the springs off. I cut it to 3", melted the ends and stuffed it in there. It can't fall out because the ends of the springs are smaller then the middle. I would take a pic but there is nothing to see! If you don't like the shrink tubing or want an easier way to de-twang, try the rope.

If you enjoyed reading about "bipod twang fix" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
arizona98tj
December 30, 2011, 09:12 PM
Which bipod was giving you spring noise?

IsaacCarlson
December 30, 2011, 09:49 PM
It was a harris.

madcratebuilder
December 31, 2011, 06:38 AM
? My Harris must be a mute.

GLShooter
December 31, 2011, 12:19 PM
The ten or so I am using don't make much noise. No big twang on them at all. I wonder what causes it.

Greg

beatledog7
December 31, 2011, 12:40 PM
I have never noticed my Harris twanging. Is this noise common? Is my bipod defective?

jmorris
December 31, 2011, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure about twang but they can spook animals if you flip them down, when they hit the stops. I lower them one at a time slowly when I need to be quite.

IsaacCarlson
December 31, 2011, 12:50 PM
I don't know how well your hearing is, but I could hear it plain as day and so could the critters. Any spring under tension will twang and make noise. They twang mostly when shooting.

AFTER THOUGHT: Maybe your springs touch the legs. That might dull it down. I'd hate to say your hearing was bad.....:rolleyes:

beatledog7
December 31, 2011, 01:06 PM
Maybe I just never paid attention. I shoot paper critters, and I figure their hearing must be lousy since they never run away when I start shooting.

chaser_2332
December 31, 2011, 03:10 PM
After the small explosion in my chamber I'm not too worried about bipod noise

If you enjoyed reading about "bipod twang fix" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!