Things To Do Before You DIE...

PDA

SteyrAUG
January 28, 2003, 11:06 PM
I believe there are certain things everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime. Here's a few I can think of...

Shoot a machine gun.
Own a sports car.
Have sex with a stripper.
Go to a foreign country.
Hard manual labor for money.
Eat a entire pizza by yourself.
Tell your boss what you think of him.
Teach a kid something useful.
Get up early to watch the sun come up.
Build something with your own hands.
Own a dog and treat it like family.
Buy a Veteran a beer.
Buy one thing you've always wanted but could never afford.

Because in your last hours you will regret not doing all the things you should have. Nobody dies thinking, damn at least I paid the cable bill on time.

What's on your list?

If you enjoyed reading about "Things To Do Before You DIE..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zundfolge
January 28, 2003, 11:20 PM
all I need is to shoot a machine gun and go to a foreign country to complete the list.

(BTW, the "Buy one thing you've always wanted but could never afford." and "Own a sports car" tend to be the same thing ;) ).

Oh, and as for the stripper ... wear a condom and for the love of God DON'T DATE HER! :what:

George Hill
January 28, 2003, 11:21 PM
Million Dollar Life policy to make sure my family is taken care of.
A gun safe with some rifles and handguns for all of my family.
A 2 year food storage for my family plus an additional dozen or so people.
A new vehicle, such as a Ford Excursion with a Wells Cargo trailer for them to go mobile if needed.

All I want is for my family to be taken care of. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

Bob Locke
Oddly enough, I've gotten to most of your list! (No "sex w/ stripper or buying one thing I couldn't afford, but I've covered the rest.)

Guess the one thing I've really got on my "To Do" list is a bear hunt (preferrably a Kodiak) in Alaska.

blades67

I haven't done that yet.

Standing Wolf
January 28, 2003, 11:22 PM
Retire young.
Make a perfect pizza.
Win first prize in a contest.
Find a L.N.I.B. Python for $275.

Gewehr98
January 28, 2003, 11:27 PM
Have sex with a stripper. :scrutiny:

Although, they do have shots for that, if you catch it in time.

Neal Bloom
January 28, 2003, 11:30 PM
Have done most of the list. Shot a machine gun two weeks ago. Only thing left would be with the stripper. Don't think the she who must be obeyed will allow that.

BerettaNut92
January 28, 2003, 11:30 PM
Move out of California.

jsalcedo
January 28, 2003, 11:33 PM
Only two left...

I don't see my wife agreeing with the stripper
as a necessasary life fulfilling experience and since I'm self employed I don't see me chewing myself out in the mirror.

Jim March
January 28, 2003, 11:33 PM
Fix California's CCW system.

Chris Rhines
January 28, 2003, 11:36 PM
Most of the items on SteyrAUG's list.

Learn a foreign language.
Get into a serious fight.
Learn to play the piano.
Get published.
Solo in a small plane.
Ride my bicycle cross-country.
Fall in love.
Win at Camp Perry.
Overthrow a government. :evil:

- Chris

Schuey2002
January 28, 2003, 11:38 PM
Win the Lottery.
Sail around the world.
Take a cruise to the Caribbean.
Drive a Ferrari.
Drive a Porsche.
Skydive.
Learn to scuba dive.
Learn to fly a plane.
Learn how to golf.
Travel to Europe.
Travel to Israel.
Go to Las Vegas.
Stiff your bookie.
Drive a race car. (Nascar,F1,World Rally,Cart,etc.)
Tour the "Grey Room" in Sterling,Va..
Tour a gun manufacturer.
Shoot a Garand.
Shoot a HK MP5.
Teach a youngster how to shoot both a handgun and rifle.
And last but not least.... moon Bill Gates. :D :D

St. Gunner
January 28, 2003, 11:42 PM
I looked across the Rio Grande and saw Mexico a couple times, that was good enough for me...

I'm married, she aint a stripper, and she was my first time, so I can't complete that one, dang ol 1800's moral values in a 28yr old body.:D

The machine gun is in the planning stages, probably real soon, I did one as a kid, but don't remember much about it.

1. African safari

2. hold a political office

3. See my daughter win her first shooting competition

3. Watch her bag her first deer

4. Drive 120mph or faster for 2hrs straight

5. negotiate peace with a drunken fool who wants to harm someone.

6. Own a machine gun

7. Burn up 2,000rds of ammo in one day.

8. Go on a blind date with a blonde chick your mom says is really cute who turns out to be a 6'2" basketball player at college who has never been kissed and demands it of you. :uhoh: One of the scariest moments of my life. Helped me create rules for dating, rule one is, never date anyone who can whip your butt.

I've done 4,5, 7, and 8 and a few others that should make the list but won't, you might think ill of me.

TearsOfRage
January 28, 2003, 11:46 PM
What I'd really like to do.... can't be posted in a forum like this. :D

rick458
January 28, 2003, 11:52 PM
done everything but the stripper
even won the lottery (5 out of 6):evil:

ENC
January 29, 2003, 12:01 AM
The only thing I haven't done is buy a beer for a veteran. My dad is my dad so that didn't count and the my friend is still in the guard (not to mention 3 yrs younger than me) so I don't count that a veteran either. I will make good on that though I promise.

I need to shoot a machine gun.

Have dated two strippers one while I had my sports car.
Have driven 120 for about one hour. These TT stealths will run.

Lots of good Ideas. My big one is to have a family and the greater trick will be to keep that family together.

January 29, 2003, 12:16 AM
You know, after reading your question, I couldn't think of one thing. I am living the life I always dreamed about. Nothing spectacular, but I love my job, and have the money to buy all the toys I really want. It occured to me one day that if I hit the lottery, the only thing that would change is that I would do the same things I do now, only I would do more of it. I would probably buy a new house, but I wouldn't change vehicles. There are few guns that I really want that I don't already have. I own all the reloading equipment that I coudl ever use and it is the best. I have the greatest dog in the world. I live in a town with legal brothels; I am sure most of them worked as strippers at one time or another. I have been to forign countries and don't really want to go back. I own a machine gun. Never wanted a sports car. Have eaten many whole pizzas. Have told off more than one boss. Watched many a sunrise; I do that every morning on the way to work and have done it many times in the woods while hunting. I have done hard manual labor for money and didn't enjoy it although I still have to do it occasionally. I never thought I could afford most of the stuff I have now...................
I have been truely blessed.

Tamara
January 29, 2003, 12:19 AM

Er, I'll get right on that... :uhoh:

Marshall
January 29, 2003, 12:20 AM
I don't have much life left! I sure hope I won't shoot a machine gun for a long time! :D

556A2
January 29, 2003, 12:26 AM
Own a Krinkov
Own a Porsche 911 Carrera
Learn German & Russian
Visit Germany & Russia
Become a judge in Hollywood to dish out real justice to celebrities
Walk on the Great Wall of China
Build a FAL
Meet Mikahal Kalashnikov
Have a 30 minute prime-time national tv spot to promote RKBA
Name a star or constellation
and punch that Simon guy from the American Idol show :D

Atticus
January 29, 2003, 12:26 AM
I've done the things on your list except for the sports car. That misspent youth left me too broke for that. Can't say that most of those things stick in my mind however.

Having kids and being a good father is by far the single most rewarding experience for me. If I continue to do that well, I'll die happy.

I also want to be self employed (and self supporting) at some point in my life.

makdaddy03
January 29, 2003, 12:58 AM
Live a little.=-)

Schuey2002
January 29, 2003, 01:00 AM
Er, I'll get right on that...
:what:
LOL! :D

mtnbkr
January 29, 2003, 01:06 AM
Go to a foreign country.

Did these. Don't care about the stripper. Wouldn't mind the sports car or machine gun, but they're not priorities to me. I'd buy a veteran a beer, but the the ones I know don't drink. As far as buying something I can't afford, but really want, I can't think of anything offhand that I can't afford, but really want. I have simple wants in life and make a good living (The new kid's gonna change that). Of course, I've convinced myself that I don't want that 911 Turbo because traffic sucks where I live and I couldn't really take advantage of it's capabilities ;)

Seriously though, the only thing I want out of my life from now on is to ensure that my family never has to worry about money or needing anything.

Chris

eotp
January 29, 2003, 01:14 AM
Only one thing is needful, and that is to recognize your sinfulness before a holy God and to embrace His remedy for this.

"What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?" -- Jesus Christ in Mark 8: 36, 37

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. -- I John 5: 13

Now, that still leaves a lot of other things, though, that I would like to do, but at least the one thing needful has been taken care of. And, I don't need a stripper when I have a wonderful wife and 4 children that look to me as a role model.

:D

BerettaNut92
January 29, 2003, 01:20 AM
Play the bagpipes
Play the viola
Play the accordion.
Learn to yodel.

Then I'll have all the world's most hated instruments down. :D

Hit steel plates with my irons at 600 yards.

Schuey2002
January 29, 2003, 01:22 AM
Hit steel plates with my irons at 600 yards
Then you'd have to change your user name to SniperSkunk !:D

January 29, 2003, 01:25 AM
There isn't a lot that I have a burning desire to do before I die, but more than likely, the last thing I will do is to go into V-Fib.

You know what Elvis would be doing if he was alive today ?
Scratching at the lid of his casket.

Sorry, I must have stayed up to late and am getting punchy.

SteyrAUG
January 29, 2003, 01:49 AM
Tamara, feel free to substitute "male exotic dancer" unless...:evil:

Nightcrawler
January 29, 2003, 01:54 AM
Hmm.

-Start flying again. Finally get my pilot's license. I stopped when my dad died. Three years on the ground is too much.

-Be able to make headshots at 200 yards from the standing position with my FAL, with iron sights.

-Be able to hit a man sized target at 600 yards with my FAL from the prone, with iron sights.

-Learn some decent hand-to-hand combat skills.

-Make a truck load of money.

-Show up at my 10 year high school reunion driving a BMW.

Ever wake up and realize you're wasting your life?

Recently it's occurred to me that I'm not doing enough with my life. I'm in a routine, and I'm not making the most of the time I have.

We'll see how it goes, I guess. One way or another, things are going to change.

P-35/53
January 29, 2003, 02:18 AM
Shoot a machine gun.
Own a sports car.
Go to a foreign country.
Teach a kid something useful.
Buy a Veteran a beer.

:) I have done all these but the stripper, and feel no need to do that one .
I would like to see Ireland and Greece and at 60 be carded.

BamBam-31
January 29, 2003, 02:24 AM
Threesome with Japanese twins...er, wrong movie. Sorry. :D

Jim March, more power to you, brother. ;)

If we're talking about what makes life meaningful, guns don't really enter the picture. It sounds like blasphemy, I know. To me, family is all that is important.

Hold my newborn son in my hands. Have my father hold him as well.
Hold my newborn grandson in my hands.
That's enough for me.

Guns only serve to protect what is meaningful. They don't give my life meaning in and of themselves. Sure, they're tons of fun. When things are put in their proper perspective, however, guns are just tools.

Flame suit on!

voilsb
January 29, 2003, 02:30 AM
I've done all of that except buying the beer and owning the sports car before I became a Christian.

I don't plan on ever owning a sports car, though I really do need to buy a veteran a beer; especially if it's my dad.

Of course, the #1 item on everyone's list (based on importance) should be "Become a Christian." If you miss that one, you'll really be missing out after your life here ends.

Open Carry
January 29, 2003, 02:40 AM
1. Shoot a badguy.

Had the opportunity a year ago and I wasn't carrying because I was out of state.

citizen
January 29, 2003, 02:47 AM
My two lifelong dreams are to sing the National Anthem at the Superbowl, and to be the Santa Claus at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.:D

Not really qualified for the first; better qualified for the second.:D

Navy joe
January 29, 2003, 04:28 AM
Of the original list, guess I need to shoot a MG, the rest is done with. :D

(Ex-stripper, yes I dated her, nice girl, crappy job.) They're people too.

Now I contend it is possible to do your entire list in one day. Be one hell of a day, but it's doable.

Jim March
January 29, 2003, 05:20 AM
THE #1 THING TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE!

Invent an immortality drug!

Hkmp5sd
January 29, 2003, 05:38 AM
1. Ride the Space Shuttle.
2. Spend a couple of months touring the Smithsonian.
3. Spend a couple of years reading all the classified documents in the national archives.
2. Own one of every firearm (including all variations) that has ever been made.
3. See Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Al Gore and Jesse Jackson convicted of some of the multiple felonies they have committed and sentenced to life w/o parole.

DadOfThree
January 29, 2003, 05:42 AM
mtnbkr,
I'd buy a veteran a beer, but the the ones I know don't drink
What country are these veterans from? :D :D

Ryder
January 29, 2003, 05:43 AM
I'm to the point that I've done enough to be satisfied. No regrets on my death bed. I've done things that very few others even consider trying.

Lately I'm down on action lists. Maybe that's just an unavoidable aspect of getting old? The things that I have not done I never had a desire to do. That wont change. I know my limitations well enough these days and I think that a lot of my list items were just a matter of seeking those limitations as a way to define myself.

Just having an uncomplicated life and taking it easy appears to be quite a challenge in itself anymore. :banghead:

redneck2
January 29, 2003, 06:17 AM
I'm at the 'tweener" age. Too old to do young guy's stuff but young enough to still do some fun stuff

FWIW...I have a friend that takes pictures of all his hunts. Seemed a little goofy at first, but he has a pretty large album with all his memories. Man, I wish I had pix of the hunts I've been on.

I built a 3 story house myself....whole thing...laid 2,500 12" concrete blocks, did electric, plumbing, drywall, cabinets...way over-rated. My friends told me not to do it, and they were right.

I've owned several sports cars

Bought LOTS of stuff I couldn't afford

Never had a desire to have a woman that's been with hundreds of guys before me. I'd rather be with my wife than any other person in the world.

Been to several foreign countries. Always missed home.

Things to do yet??? Go on a safari, a brown bear hunt, and go after prarie dogs.

Spend some time in the mountains

RikWriter
January 29, 2003, 07:25 AM
I've done most of the things that I wanted to do "before I die."
I still want to travel through Alaska.
And of course raise my kids.

Admiral Thrawn
January 29, 2003, 07:41 AM
Shoot a machine gun. - check
Own a sports car. - check
Have sex with a stripper. -erm... not yet...
Go to a foreign country. - check
Hard manual labor for money. -check
Eat a entire pizza by yourself. - check
Tell your boss what you think of him. - check
Teach a kid something useful. - check
Get up early to watch the sun come up. - check
Build something with your own hands. - check
Own a dog and treat it like family. - check
Buy a Veteran a beer. - hmm, should get around to that.
Buy one thing you've always wanted but could never afford. - check

"THE #1 THING TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE!

Invent an immortality drug!"

Well, some varient of it... of course, you can still be killed by non-natural causes.

mtnbkr
January 29, 2003, 07:58 AM
Dadofthree

What country are these veterans from?

They're both US WWII vets (My wife's grandfathers, both still alive).

Both served in Europe around the time of Normandy (not sure if they stormed the beach or not, but one was definately in the area very shortly afterwards).

Chris

falconer
January 29, 2003, 08:35 AM
Anyone care to help me out with the shoot a machinegun part? :D

WhoKnowsWho
January 29, 2003, 09:05 AM
If I have eaten several whole pizzas, does that make up for some others on the list? :D

Kahr carrier
January 29, 2003, 09:23 AM
All of the above.:D

MLH
January 29, 2003, 10:56 AM
Come down to the Knob Creek shoot in the spring!:cool:

coonan357
January 29, 2003, 11:22 AM
done all except the buy a Vet a beer part , my grandfather doesn't drink alcohol he was at normandy out in the channel suppling support . so I guess I have to buy him a glass of Ice tea . My other friend is a SF guy and every time its time for me to buy a round he picks up the tab . huh ra ! as for the dating a stripper whats wrong with that she did it so she could pay for college and became a RN I knew I shouldn't have let go of that one HOW Stupid was I ??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: she was 10 years younger than I .. as for chewing out the boss bit did that yesterday at 5 am while on the road (I-94) in mich . they haven't talked to me yet but I have a feelin I'm fired . oh well ... as for things I want to do before I die .... find a woman that will be by my side till my parting day , and I will love her forever . as for You Tamara .. ever heard of chippendales???:neener:

Viking6
January 29, 2003, 11:32 AM
to the best of my besotted memory haven't done the stripper thing and haven't owned a sports car. I would add tell the ones that you love that you love them as often as you can.

Joe Demko
January 29, 2003, 11:39 AM
Things To Do Before You DIE...

Count up the total number of times SteyrAUG has posted his "Things to do befor you die..." list on various boards.

KMKeller
January 29, 2003, 11:44 AM
Raise a fine son into a fine man.

Will Fennell
January 29, 2003, 11:50 AM
Great suggestions! Many I have attained, some I will have to work on.......but the big one for me is....

gaining access to OPA[other people's ammo]! In other words having FREE AMMO:cool:

Its great, and I highly suggest it:p

4v50 Gary
January 29, 2003, 12:07 PM
Finish a book (and then start working on the 2nd edition)
Visit Europe again
Retire

BigG
January 29, 2003, 12:29 PM
I'm on my second or third trip thru the list. Does that count? :D

Spoonman
January 29, 2003, 12:36 PM
I've done all that stuff except the stripper. As much as I've enjoyed everyone's replies (an active sense of humor is a blessing), I found myself proud to be in the company of George Hill, EOTP, and voilsb. Thanks to you all.

Clif

IdahoFarmer
January 29, 2003, 12:53 PM
George Hill: Amen.

cratz2
January 29, 2003, 12:57 PM

Logically impossible. ???

Non-material things:

Live happily ever after.
See our kids grow up in a healthy and safe environment and raise our grandkids and hopefully, a great grandkid or two.

For material things:

Own a full auto Tommy gun with short 10 1/2" barrel.
Own a full auto mini AK with folding stock. (My carry gun ;) )
Own an E28 M5 with the engine from an E34 M5.
Own an E30 M3 with the engine from an E36 M3.
Build our dream, non-retirement house - a really creepy Stephen King-ish house on a cliff on the coast of Maine.

BerettaNut92
January 29, 2003, 03:44 PM
Forgive someone you hate.
Visit the graves of relatives left behind in China.
Win the banjo nationals in Winfield, KS.

TallPine
January 29, 2003, 04:01 PM
How about ...

Blow out 100 candles on your birthday cake

????

:)

BerettaNut92
January 29, 2003, 04:21 PM
"You know when you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake." --Bob Hope

pax
January 29, 2003, 05:15 PM
Go to a foreign country.
Done all those. Telling the boss off wasn't really worth it at the time, but the memory is sweet anyway.

Things I want to do before I die:
Learn a foreign language. (Spanish. Starting this year.)
Enjoy raising my sons. Can't make a 'goal' out of how they turn out, since that's up to them. My goal is to do my best and to enjoy the process.
Stay happily married to my husband for the rest of my life. (Again, that takes someone else's cooperation, but so far he's been amenable to the goal. ;) )
Go skydiving.
Co-author a novel.
Publish my quotes collection.
Buy a ski boat and teach my kids to waterski.
Make at least one more real friend, and many more close friends. Life is rich when there are friends to share it with.
Finish college (that one will wait another few years, I think. I'm an autodidact by nature and inclination, but having a degree would be satisfying in and of itself).
Write, and perhaps publish, a consistent philosophy of Christian libertarianism/Christian humanism.

pax

If you can make it to a hundred, you've got it made. Very few people die past that age. -- George Burns

spacemanspiff
January 29, 2003, 05:24 PM
Shoot a machine gun. - been there!
Own a sports car. - might never really see the need for this.
Have sex with a stripper. - done that!
Go to a foreign country. - does canada count?
Hard manual labor for money. - once i helped a friend install some cabinets.
Eat a entire pizza by yourself. - i do that every time i order a pizza.
Tell your boss what you think of him. - you mean for real? or in a suckup kinda way?
Teach a kid something useful. - havent gotten around to do this yet.
Get up early to watch the sun come up. - right now you need to be up by 9:30 am to see the sunrise.
Build something with your own hands. - do snowforts count?
Own a dog and treat it like family. - will my 7 tarantulas and 5 scorpions suffice?
Buy a Veteran a beer. - this i need to do.
Buy one thing you've always wanted but could never afford. - this ones gonnna take a while.

good list though. but i think #3 was the most enjoyable. a close second would be #1.
:evil:

BerettaNut92
January 29, 2003, 05:33 PM
Shoot a machine gun. Done 2-rd burst but not full auto yet.
Have sex with a stripper. :rolleyes:
Go to a foreign country. Done.
Teach a kid something useful. Done
Get up early to watch the sun come up. Done...OK well I didn't sleep the night before. Programming sucks.
Win first prize in a contest. Done ;) Reehaw!
Solo in a small plane. Done :D
Fall in love. :(
Go to Las Vegas. Done
Drive a race car. Traded the minivan in :(
Shoot a HK MP5. Done

Tried out for a Bluegrass version of the national anthem with a lovely half-Viet girl, but we didn't get it. The audition folks opted for a rather ahem...normal...rendition of it. :rolleyes:

I'd love to meet many of the folks here in person, esp Oleg, Betty, El Tejon, etc.

bad_dad_brad
January 29, 2003, 07:54 PM
Done em all but the machine gun and the stripper. I am working on the stripper. A beautiful 22 year old Russian girl named Natasha. I like her so much, I named my new car, an Audi A4 (an all wheel drive screamer in the snow - and it is snowing) after her.

Aristotle said a man must do three things, before his life is fulfilled:

1. Have a son.
2. Build a house.
3. Write a book.

Hmm:

1. 3
2. 2
3. 30

Guess I am fulfilled. I do want to fly a sailplane one of these days.

jrhines
January 29, 2003, 09:10 PM
I ran with a guy that designed "physics experiments" back in the 50's & 60's, they had names like "Lacross" and "Catcus" and yeilds of several megatons. He had an interesting list, the ones I can remenber were-
1. See your kid born.
2. Be close by when someone dies.
3. Expirence an earthquake.
4. Watch a volcano erupt.
5. See a tornado.
6. Expirence a hurricane.
7. Solo an airplane.
8. Build a house and live in it.
9. Walk on the Great Wall.
10. Cross the equator, the Prime Meridian and the International Date line.
11. Spend at least one night in the wilderness by yourself.
12. See a total eclipse.

I've got most of these nailed & my first car was a 63 Midget and I don't really bother to shoot full auto anymore, I'de rather give my turn to someone who hasn't had the pleasure. I've jumped out of airplanes, petted sharks, skied glaciers, explored caves, paddled rapids. All the usual stuff, even had my first eagle last summer. Doc had a bunch of others, languages to learn, places to go. Don't have the stripper, but do high school cheerleaders count, I married one of them? If I could just break 100 skeet...

spacemanspiff
January 29, 2003, 09:13 PM
man earthquakes arent all that.
i sleep through most of them if they happen at night. the last decent one everyone heard about was a fun ride.
my coworkers on the other hand dont share that opinion. they run for the doorways and scream and everything over the slightest tremor. my supervisor and i just sit back and laugh at them. buncha sissies. :D

mara5
January 29, 2003, 09:21 PM
Well,just have to shoot a machine gun and will have completed the list. Took a long time for a couple of them,which I'd gladly trade for YOUTH. The thrill of the chase was actually better the acquisition. Nice topic.

bad_dad_brad
January 29, 2003, 09:26 PM
jrhines:

No, high school cheerleaders do not count! But I am happy for you. I married my high school sweetheart as well.

Strippers are an entirely different breed. Many are totally messed up in the head, and only on occasion do you find one that is in the business to be pragmatic and just make money (Natasha is one, but she is European).

Most girls strip because they have these huge inferiority complexes and are almost nymphomaniac in their desire to get attention. They are not whores, so don't confuse the dancer with the prostitute. But in many ways, the stripper is one of the most complex of women on the planet. And that, is not a good thing.

I think somebody in this thread said DO NOT DATE ONE. Good advice unless she is of that pragmatic type - very rare. They smoke. They all smoke.

Hey I thought this was a firearms forum. How the heck did we segway off to strippers? Nevertheless, interesting. But I apologize to any ladies that are currently online.

Glock_PhD
January 29, 2003, 09:26 PM
Win the Nobel Prize in medicine.

Carbon_15
January 29, 2003, 09:30 PM
Hard manual labor for money
Oh, I have done that one. And its SO off my list :D

spacemanspiff
January 29, 2003, 11:15 PM
alright, those of you who cant bring yourself to sleep with a stripper, do the next best thing:

take them to the range with you! with all the weirdos that stalk them they do need to be bugged to take their protection in their own hands.

coonan357
January 30, 2003, 12:44 AM
well the told the boss one came true today !!! I went in there and he started yelling at me and swearing at me , oh well .. I told him off and what I thought of his so called managment skills !! and the funny thing was I didn't raise my voice .. hmm I must be getting old .

LiquidTension
January 30, 2003, 01:02 AM
See the Aurora Borealis
Visit the Great Pyramids
Visit Mesa Verde
See the Nazca lines
Basejump
Skydive
See a few particular politicians in a grave
Own several machine guns (have shot a few, don't own any)
Blow up a propane tank with a 50BMG
Star in a movie (that I will write)
And of course...sex with two or more hot strippers (not the kind that works on bargain night at the strip club)

- LT

Dienekes
January 30, 2003, 01:22 AM
Have done most, with the common exception of the stripper.

See your children born;
Raise them to adulthood and know they are doing better than you did;
To 'stand in the breach' for what is right, at personal risk;
To be able to say 'no' when everyone else is saying 'yes';
To help a kid or an older person when they think no one cares anymore;
To grow in faith and practice it. (The work of a lifetime.)

As pointed out, gun are fascinating tools and diversions--but only a minor part of life.

Archie
January 30, 2003, 01:49 AM
I had a 240Z and hit 125 a couple times. I've been as far east as East Berlin and as far west as Singapore. But there are some things to do still.
This list is not all inclusive.
* See my kids in an independent, happy life. (Half-way there.)
* Shoot in the Olympics. Probably Rapid-Fire.
* Retire from this spirit sucking job, and live long enough to get my revenge on the "company".
* Live out our lives together with the wonderful bride I have.
* Write a decent mystery novel.
* Become as loved as Elmer Keith, among those who share my passion.
* Get my church's attendence over 100 adults on a Sunday morning. Then preach good enough that none of them drift off to sleep.
* Die on my feet.
* Live my life so that when I stand attention in front of my Lord, He says, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." (I'll settle for "Okay, Arch, you too.)

Archie the Preacher and attempted servant of the Living God.

Bainx
January 30, 2003, 07:16 AM
Play a gig in the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville.

sensop
January 30, 2003, 07:23 AM
"Die on my feet." ... I should be so lucky. SteyrAUG, I've completed that neat list with the following exception: I convinced my boss to see things my way. I'd known him for many years. He knew I'd tell him off in a second. So, I didn't have too.;)

Tam, I have a thought ... nah, you already thought of that one.:p

DJJ
January 30, 2003, 11:39 AM
Of the original list, done 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 13. As to the rest:

3. Working on it. Just not actively. ;)
4. Do Canada & Mexico count?
7. Lucliky, my bosses haven't been too bad. Current one doesn't meddle too much.
8. Have a 2-year old nephew to work on. I've already given him a crash course in the AR-15 manual of arms (he was more interested in an allen wrench).
12. Not yet.

Been in several earthquakes. Almost fun, but mostly humbling when you think about what's really happening.

My list:

First, win the lotto. Then,

1. See the great pyramids
2. See the Dead Sea
3. See the pyramids of Mexico and Central America
4. See the battlefields of Europe/Normandy
5. See a concentration camp
6. See the Australian outback - Ayers Rock and Coober Pedy
7. African safari(s)
8. Build an airplane - a Van's Aircraft RV-8 (http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/rv-8int.htm) to be specific
9. See Bigfoot, a ghost, a UFO, and/or the Loch Ness Monster

BerettaNut92
January 30, 2003, 11:46 AM
Be the first Chinaperson to pray at the Grand Ole Opry. Wearing my P7 :D

Carbon_15
January 30, 2003, 11:46 AM
9. See Bigfoot, a ghost, a UFO, and/or the Loch Ness Monster

Good one...consider it added to my list

DJJ
January 30, 2003, 11:58 AM
Skunkabilly:

Be the first Chinaperson to pray at the Grand Ole Opry.

If I were a Chinaperson at the Grande Ole Opry, I'd be praying, too. :uhoh: :D

hso
January 30, 2003, 12:15 PM
You were going great until the stripper thing. Other than that I've done all of them already.

You should read 3 great books.

You should learn an art form. You don't have to be a master, but you should do it well enough to give yourself and others pleasure.

You should make the someone's last days easier.

You should spend 3 days in the woods/at the shore/on the water/etc. by yourself, without any modern conveniences.

You should make sure that you tell everyone that you love that you love them.

Ol' Badger
January 30, 2003, 12:33 PM
Have sex with a dwarf.
Hunt for a Grizzly Bear.
Tell a LEO that he's a public servant and to go get me a Soda.
Sex with japanese twins.
Urinate in a Volcano.
Kill a Commie for my Mommie.
Poop on Klinton.
Go Midgit tossing.
Wrassel an Aligator.
Do a long jump in Ski'n while naked.
Punch someone from the UN in the face.

DAMN I have a lot of things to do before I give up the ghost!

If you enjoyed reading about "Things To Do Before You DIE..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!