Savage Scout v. Ruger Compact Magnum

PDA

CaSe
December 31, 2011, 02:55 AM
which would you prefer/recommend for a handy, accurate and durable .308 bolt?

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Scout v. Ruger Compact Magnum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
critter
December 31, 2011, 05:38 AM
I have the Ruger Compact in .308 and love the little thing. Light, handy and quite accurate. I've taken several whitetails with it. Last one was a 6-point (4 X 2) and a neck shot at 85 yds. DRT needless to say!

jmr40
December 31, 2011, 08:11 AM
I much prefer the Ruger design.

ROCK6
December 31, 2011, 09:43 AM
I have the Savage Scout and love it...but then I've also handled one of the Ruger's Compacts and they are sweet as well. I like the Savage's detachable maganizes and much prefer the "ghost-ring" sights despite me having a low power scope on it. Mine is the newer version and has the adjustable Accu-Trigger which is a nice feature as well. You can set it up with a regular mounted scope, but it's really built as a scout with the IER scope.

If you found the Ruger at a lower price than the Savage...I would jump on it, as I think fit and finish is slightly better, but I really don't think you could go wrong with either.

ROCK6

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Scout v. Ruger Compact Magnum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!