Good Insurance Co. For Guns

PDA

Mr.Blue
December 31, 2011, 02:44 PM
I need to get a renter's policy now that I sold my house. I need gun coverage too. What companies are gun friendly and have good rates?

If you enjoyed reading about "Good Insurance Co. For Guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rellascout
December 31, 2011, 02:45 PM
http://www.collectinsure.com/cost.html?gclid=CN7O-bGpxKcCFQXu7QodgESaDg

45crittergitter
January 12, 2012, 04:20 PM
+1 for Collectibles Insurance (previous post).

CoRoMo
January 12, 2012, 04:27 PM
Your renters policy might suffice, depending on the total value of your collection. I opted to just use the insurance policy already covering my home. Aside from the insurance specific to collectibles, many basic homeowner's/renter's insurance policies will have an allowance of say, $2,500 for firearms already. It can then be increased to $5,000 for something like $12 a year. Then beyond that, it would run in the neighborhood of $160/year for every $10K of value.

Freedom_fighter_in_IL
January 12, 2012, 04:33 PM
I have my home, car, and life insurance all bundled under State Farm. With all my firearms listed I pay right at $135 more a year for $60,000 on the regular (non collectible) firearms and another $120 for $50,000 on the collectibles. If memory serves me correctly their renters insurance can be bundled as well and is very reasonable on cost.

orionengnr
January 13, 2012, 09:35 PM
eastern insurance

AK_Maine_iac
January 14, 2012, 03:07 AM
I have State Farm. Full auto coverage, Renters Ins is only $2.00 extra per month. It covers up to 150K replacement of all household items including my guns and reloading equipment. Total of $64.00 per month for both Auto & Renters.

45crittergitter
February 3, 2012, 10:00 PM
Most homeowners/renters policies cover guns, but they typically have a separate and much lower limit for guns (like $2000-5000). Double check the fine print for the gun limits.

Sheepdog1968
February 3, 2012, 10:16 PM
http://www.collectinsure.com/cost.html?gclid=CN7O-bGpxKcCFQXu7QodgESaDg
I use them as well in additon to the base coverage I have through renters replacement cost insurance (doesn't provide much for guns) and NRA free insurance (need to send in forms) for being a member. They also advertise in Shotgun News (how I originally found them).

Sheepdog1968
February 3, 2012, 10:18 PM
Most homeowners/renters policies cover guns, but they typically have a separate and much lower limit for guns (like $2000-5000). Double check the fine print for the gun limits.
I've also found that some insurance companies aren't all that interesting in letting you get a rider for increase coverage. Mine came back with an outrageous number whereas my brothers (different insurance company) was quite reasonable.

Keb
February 4, 2012, 12:22 AM
How does fifteen cents per hundred sound? BOYETT.

Next time it is this guy, but Eastern Insurance is my current policy.

BSA1
February 4, 2012, 09:55 AM
Try the NRA. Very affordable.

Sgt_R
February 4, 2012, 10:04 AM
State Farm was very good about letting me add a firearms rider to my renter's policy. We switched to USAA a couple years ago (nothing against State Farm, USAA just made more sense overall), and thay have also been very reasonable and drama-free about it.

R

If you enjoyed reading about "Good Insurance Co. For Guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!