In "praise" of Geissele

PDA

Texas Bob
December 31, 2011, 04:57 PM
I "treated" myself to a Geissele SSA trigger for Christmas. I had a very good trigger on my Bushy prior to that, now I have a great trigger. You can check out their site at www.geissele.com and see what a Super Enhanced trigger will do, but for the "other 99%" of us the cheaper SSA is the way to go.

This is the best "after-market" addition I've ever added to an AR. No I don't think YMMV. Bob

If you enjoyed reading about "In "praise" of Geissele" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GLShooter
December 31, 2011, 05:02 PM
I too just got one. The High Speed Match Trigger with the extra springs for Service Rifle and DM set ups. It is a dream to dry fire and Monday I will shake it down on my new 6X45.

Greg

helotaxi
December 31, 2011, 05:07 PM
The Service Rifle trigger will be going in my Service Rifle (go figure) rifle that is the second project for the new year after my 6mm wildcat is moving.

benzy2
December 31, 2011, 05:35 PM
You won't regret it. I tried a couple different 2 stage triggers from other companies and while they were ok, they didn't compare to the HI Speed. It's an amazing trigger. With all weight changes done by swapping springs it gives the user a lot of flexibility to fit a single trigger to multiple shooting needs, though clearly not all at once. It may be expensive but it's top of the line.

Texas Bob
December 31, 2011, 06:09 PM
I have always been able to zero at 50yds then shoot "hanging steel" out to 200yds at the private range I go to. With this trigger, the 200yd 6" plates are a "giveme" and the 8" steel plates at 300 are now a done deal.
Can't wait until next week when we set up steel at 400 and 500 yds.

GLShooter
December 31, 2011, 09:00 PM
Steel is a great teacher. I taught my M/O kids with 8" plates out to 650 and 10" out to 850 with Ivan knock downs out to 1100.

Greg

wingman
December 31, 2011, 09:28 PM
Just recently added the Geissele SSA-E to my Stag model 3,total different gun, instant group improvement, easy install, well made,pricy but worth it IMO.

mshootnit
December 31, 2011, 10:04 PM
I just put a SSA E in my 6.8 SPC II rifle before Christmas, I thought I could feel a little creep at first but when I took it to the range and actually used it, I thought it worked great. If there was any creep I couldn't tell. Also really helped me shoot better with the rifle. I can hit a blue rock at 200 yds pretty much every time now.

browneu
December 31, 2011, 11:20 PM
They're great triggers and well built. Do a search on any gun forum and you don't see very many threads of the triggers failing.

68wj
January 1, 2012, 12:42 AM
A good trigger in a good rifle makes a GREAT rifle. I am running a Wilson Combat TTU in my AR now and feel spoiled every time I give it a press.

HKGuns
January 1, 2012, 02:01 AM
Yes, I agree....I treated myself to an SSA last week and tested it out on Wednesday. Certainly an improvement over the stock triggers you get in the typical lpk. Someone could make a mint putting decent triggers in an lpk along with a few improvements of the other parts.

I doubt it will improve my shooting any as I can use any trigger you put in front of me. But it is a nice upgrade, even though they're somewhat over priced considering there isn't that much to them. They have a great reputation though, so I guess they earn every penny they make.

Moose458
January 1, 2012, 11:33 AM
Not only do they have great triggers, but they have matching great customer service. Super people to do business with.

sgtstryker
January 1, 2012, 02:33 PM
I also like the free hat...but the trigger is the real prize...

wingman
January 1, 2012, 04:10 PM
Stag just introduced there 3 gun model which includes a geissele trigger.

January 1, 2012, 08:08 PM
I have Geissele SSA triggers in a couple of AR-15s and a Geiselle DMR trigger in an AR-308. GREAT triggers and worth every penny!!

If you enjoyed reading about "In "praise" of Geissele" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!