No Shooting For Me For Awhile

PDA

Okiecruffler
January 28, 2003, 11:19 PM
Just got back from the ER, not to work this time, but to get some xrays and fiberglass. Seems that once upon a time when I was young and stupid (funny how those two go together) during a "discussion" with another young fellow I suffered a "boxers" fracture of the right hand. Being young and stupid, I just lived with the pain and didn't bother to get it properly set. So today while enjoying a little quality time with my .357 my right hand started burning, then it caught on fire. Seems I now have a stress fracure. Oh well, I needed to practice my weak hand anyway. The moral to this story is one that my grandfather used to tell me all the time, "you can't help being young, try not to be stupid."

If you enjoyed reading about "No Shooting For Me For Awhile" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Greg L
January 28, 2003, 11:22 PM
Grandpa was wise...

I've been both, far too often at the same time.

Greg

blades67
January 28, 2003, 11:27 PM
At least it wasn't both hands. Get well soon.

makdaddy03
January 28, 2003, 11:30 PM
Yep. The weak hand needs its fair share of practice.
Get Well soon.

Dave R
January 29, 2003, 12:10 AM
Yup. I had stitches in my trigger finger recently. Don't stop shooting. Just practice weak hand drills. You'll be glad for the enforced practice.

10-Ring
January 29, 2003, 12:14 AM
Last summer I was down w/ tendonitis :( I too did alot of weak hand shooting :D Leanred 2 things. 1st, I really needed the practice & 2nd, it's alot of fun.
Don't stop shooting, don't hurry the injured hand back too quickly & get well soon ;)

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
January 29, 2003, 12:26 AM
geez...that's the hard way to work on your weak hand shooting. Hope the weeks pass soon and you get that cast off before it gets too hot (and smelly)

Regards,
Rabbit.

"If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize world
peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would be until
the looting started..."

Kahr carrier
January 29, 2003, 09:49 AM
That sucks ,practice weak hand ,:)

bogie
January 29, 2003, 09:55 AM
Here's hoping that Rosie doesn't get jealous of her sister...

(The :evil: made me do it!)

El Tejon
January 29, 2003, 10:06 AM
I used to be young and stupid, now I'm older and stupid.:D

Weak hand drills, by doctor's order.

2nd Amendment
January 29, 2003, 10:30 AM
I'm dreading the day I have to pay for being young and stupid. My left wrist I fractured twice and my right hand got every knuckle totaled when some idiot ducked and I hit a brick wall. Why did he DO that?!!?? Jeez, he shoulda known I'd hurt myself. At 38 I wake up in the AM with fingers that don't move on cold days. I'm thinking that's a bad sign for the future...

PATH
January 29, 2003, 05:32 PM
Weak hand drills as suggested are fun. I hope there is no permanent damage. I always believe things happen for a reason.
Good luck with everything!

Safety First
January 29, 2003, 06:04 PM
Hate to think how lousy my ain would be with the weak hand.. good luck,good shootin...

vulcan
January 29, 2003, 06:18 PM
I know the feeling, I broke the 4th & 5th metacarpals(boxer's fracture) when I was 18. The intern at the hospital didn't reduce the fracture correctly & They mended in a crooked position. They wanted to rebreak it to correct the problem. I said no way, It hurt bad enough the first time:( . Now it aches when the weather is cold or damp. The doctor said arthritis is setting in. I wonder if the depressed fracture in the other guy's face is giving him the same problems....

The things we do when we were young & dumb:(

Blackhawk
January 29, 2003, 06:18 PM
Sorry about that! :(

I got over being young, getting over the other is harder....

4v50 Gary
January 29, 2003, 06:57 PM
Wish I learned that when I was stupid. :o Hey, I still have a chance! :D

Okiecruffler
January 29, 2003, 07:28 PM
Many thanks for all the concern. Found out today that I can still shoot my 10/22 pretty well with the bipod, and I have been neglecting my weak hand. Worst part of the whole thing is that I'm right in the middle of moving back to Oklahoma and I get to start my new job with my hand in a cast. Not exactly the impression I wanted to make. Good thing these people already know me.

Jim March
January 29, 2003, 07:38 PM
I broke both my arms in a motorcycle crash once.

Biggest issue: wiping a certain anatomical feature :fire:.

Still Learning
January 29, 2003, 08:34 PM
Where are you settling in to? If it's near Norman give me a shout if you need a hand (pun intended.)

TexasVet
January 29, 2003, 11:39 PM
Sorry to hear that, man. Of course, one can be OLD and stupid, too. (As he sits here one hand picking at the keyboard) I played with power tools this morning and my left hand is tonight a bundle of gauze wrappings over stitches and throbbing fingers.:banghead:

edited 'cause of the above reason!:cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "No Shooting For Me For Awhile" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!