Mar-Don plastic gun

PDA

steveno
January 2, 2012, 08:53 AM
has anybody heard of or seen a plastic gun with "Mar-Don" on the side of it? it looks like a High Standard 22 auto except made of black plastic. it uses the same primer powered plastic ammo similar to the Speer type practice ammo. it is chambered for 38 special sized ammo except that there are some raised areas in the rim part of the chamber to prevent normal 38 special ammo from chambering. the barrel is hinged and locked in place by a sliding lock on ther left side of the pistol. I seen one yesterday for the first time and never heard of it before. I don't have any idea on if it was sold through somebody like Herter's or somebody else.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mar-Don plastic gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hossfly68
January 2, 2012, 09:36 AM
I found an old auction for one. If it came in a 1911 style, I'd be on it like white on rice! Neat little thing!

http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9881200

lizziedog1
January 2, 2012, 10:27 AM
It just might be a great way to get stray dogs off the property without killing them. I'd like to know the ballisitcs of that thing.

Bobson
January 2, 2012, 10:31 AM
It just might be a great way to get stray dogs off the property without killing them. I'd like to know the ballisitcs of that thing.
I'd think an airsoft gun would do that pretty well.

steveno
January 2, 2012, 12:20 PM
the ballistic probably ain't any different than the Speer type ammo. I tried shooting them in the basement. needless to say my mother's poodle upstairs didn't like it at all. it took a quite while for it to calm down. my mother wasn't impressed with all of this going on either. primers are loud

If you enjoyed reading about "Mar-Don plastic gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!