Kimber Solo

PDA

capecodder16
January 2, 2012, 07:32 PM
Yes or No???

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Solo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Loosedhorse
January 2, 2012, 07:39 PM
Assuming you live on Cape Cod, the answer is NO. The Solo is not on "The List"--no Kimbers are.

4thHorseman
January 2, 2012, 11:42 PM
Yes or No???

What or why?

eastwood44mag
January 4, 2012, 02:03 PM
Pass. Don't like the ergonomics. CZ makes a much more comfortable gun for much less money, and they're not backordered into perpetuity.

PastorAaron
January 4, 2012, 02:05 PM
Heard too many problems with this product. After the kinks are worked out it's only a maybe. They aughta stick to 1911s.

340PD
January 4, 2012, 03:50 PM
Many have shown up at the range I work at. Most of them are already sold for one reason or another. I think this gun needs more time to be refined by Kimber to make it widely accepted. I have shot it and, in my hands, my Kahr PM9 is a far easier gun for me to live with.

DAdams
January 4, 2012, 04:18 PM
If you do a little digging you will find what seems to be "teething" issues for the Solo.

Do a search on The High Road and see what you come up with. I think that if you ask member IMTHDUKE you will get a big thumbs down. He seems to have gone through a number of trials and tribulations.

Nice looking handgun and it felt pretty good when I handled one some time back. It didn't offer anything my Kahr PM9 didn't already address. At 17 ounces empty and with the rest of the dimensions, it's not suitable for pocket carry, but that's just my personal opinion. You may find it acceptable. I don't pocket carry my PM9 either, but it would work in some pants under some circumstances.

http://mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

Aiko492
January 4, 2012, 05:08 PM
The ergonomics are the best for a small auto IMO, they have to work on issues. Once they are addressed I will give one a go.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber Solo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!