Remington 6 1/2 primers

PDA

KansasPaul
January 2, 2012, 10:25 PM
Back when reloading components were getting impossible to purchase I came across 1K Remington 6 1/2 primers thinking that I may use them for trading for other components. Well, components are certainly more available and I now have a box of primers that I don't want to see go to waste. Can these be used in .223? For some reason I'm thinking that the 6 1/2 primers are best suited to cartridges such as the .22 Hornet. Anyone have experience with these?

Blessings

Paul

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 6 1/2 primers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ol` Joe
January 2, 2012, 10:43 PM
Remington specificly states they are intended for low pressure cartridges and not for the 223/5.56 class of cartridges.

hivel37
January 3, 2012, 12:13 AM
Perfect reason to buy a .22 Hornet.:)

sleepercaprice1
January 3, 2012, 08:14 AM
Those Remington 61/2's can be used for .223, but only for light loads. Keep the load at Hornet pressure levels and you'll be fine.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 6 1/2 primers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!