Whats the best defensive ammo for an LWRC 8" PSD in 5.56?

PDA

Roman11
January 2, 2012, 10:44 PM
A few years ago I spent a ton of money on an LWRC gas piston PSD ("personal security detail") SBR in 5.56 caliber. I made the purchase after watching the Future Weapons episode on LWRCs gas piston SBRs. It was purely an impulse purchase (and a very expensive one at that) In retrospect the PSD was really designed for a 6.8SPC (and I later bought a 14.7 inch LWRC for that caliber as well) but at the time i mindlessly purchased a PSD in 5.56 caliber because it looked like the coolest thing since sliced bread, the dealer didnt have a 6.8 SPC PSD in stock and I wanted to get my hands on thta rifle at all cost. As the impulse wore off, and I had a moment to reflect -- I realized that an 8 inch barreled SBR in a 5.56 caliber may not be that great of a purchase. Like so many people, I collect for fun but I also try to buy weapons that can be used for defensive purposes if need be. According to LWRC's stats, the rifling on the 5.56 8 inch PSD is 1:7. What choice of ammo (if any) can make this weapon even remotely suitable as a defensive weapon up to 100 yard? up to 200 yards? and (if at all possible ) up to 300 yards?

If you enjoyed reading about "Whats the best defensive ammo for an LWRC 8" PSD in 5.56?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Whats the best defensive ammo for an LWRC 8" PSD in 5.56?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!