Increase in gun sales - future jurors!

PDA

Jimineer
January 2, 2012, 11:08 PM
There have been several threads on this and other forums about increased gun sales - one indicated a record number of sales in December alone.

Anyway, I was earlier reading some articles by Massad Ayoob (my apologies if I misspelled his name) some of which discussed gun-related self defense cases going to trial. That and the threads referred to got me to thinking: another benefit of the increased gun sales is potentially a greater likelihood of having a gun owner on a jury in the event you ever had to go to trial where you used a firearm in self defense. One of the articles by Mas talked about how prosecutors might try to use your use of JHP or even a modified trigger pull against you - and if your jurors were not gun savy / owners they might buy the prosecutors story.

Heaven forbid any of us would ever have to use a gun in self defense, and potentially go to trial. I sure hope any that do have a true jury of their peers - law abiding, pro-gun / pro-self-defense citizens.

If you enjoyed reading about "Increase in gun sales - future jurors!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bovice
January 2, 2012, 11:09 PM
I never thought about it that way, but that makes some sense. Guns are becoming more mainstream now.

With that said, I have federal court jury duty tomorrow! Yuck!

Jimineer
January 2, 2012, 11:18 PM
At least you get the jury thing out of the way earlier for the year. Have a good day.

Oh, and a great year!

Hypnogator
January 2, 2012, 11:51 PM
another benefit of the increased gun sales is potentially a greater likelihood of having a gun owner on a jury

One would think that. BUT female jurors are far more likely to acquit a defendant accused of rape than their male counterparts. Psychological defense mechanism -- If she wasn't doing something stupid, she wouldn't have gotten raped. So if I don't do anything stupid, I won't be raped. The fact that I could be raped without it being my fault is just too terrifying to think about! :what::eek::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Increase in gun sales - future jurors!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!