S&W not answering the phone?

PDA

Shrinkmd
January 3, 2012, 12:06 PM
Anyone manage to get through since the holidays? It rings and rings...

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W not answering the phone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jdh
January 3, 2012, 04:38 PM
They always shut down for the holidays.

Shrinkmd
January 3, 2012, 06:11 PM
But I thought they said they were reopening yesterday?

Japle
January 3, 2012, 08:21 PM
I was listening to the phone ring for over 14 minutes this morning. After being closed for a week, they're super busy.

Finally got through and got some action on replacing the cylinder on my new 686 SSR.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/Japle/Guns/IMG_7918.jpg

trex1310
January 3, 2012, 08:35 PM
I was listening to the phone ring for over 14 minutes

You actually let the phone ring for 14 minutes? I'll bet they love you. :scrutiny:

Shrinkmd
January 3, 2012, 11:58 PM
Hope I have better luck tomorrow. My stupid 625 cylinder was never properly polished. Only took me a few years of having cases stick after firing a couple cylinders full to LOOK at the chambers and notice the swirly line pattern which I've never seen in any other revolver chamber.

Live and learn. I'm really looking forward to getting this fixed...

alex4922
January 4, 2012, 01:08 AM
I had a problem having a mod done to a Model 629 well before the holidays. After getting a real person on the phone (called the line for retail sales) I was told that since they took over Thompson Center they have been very busy.

Alex

GuysModel94
January 4, 2012, 01:57 AM
Hey guys, you should hustle on over to the next gun show and pick up a Model 66 in stainless. Then the only reason you'll need to call S&W for is to thank them for making such a great handgun.(LOL) I've had one since 89, and it looks and shots just like the day i bought her.

StickAK
January 4, 2012, 01:58 AM
I just called last night (1-2-11) to deal with a Bodyguard .380 that had a laser module that wouldn't zero. After getting through the phone menu, I was talking to a customer rep in about six or seven minutes, and was told that they would send a pre-paid label out about two minutes after that.

PRM
January 4, 2012, 08:47 AM
I got through pretty quick. Needed Customer Service and was #16 in line. That went quick (about 10 minutes).

hardluk1
January 4, 2012, 01:34 PM
japle Never seen a cylinder with the flutes cut over the cartidge before. but ain't sw guy.

deadin
January 4, 2012, 01:43 PM
Yikes!! Methinks a new cylinder may be in order......:eek:
I'm amazed that it even indexes correctly. The extractor ratchet must be off also. I would say the whole gun needs to go back......

Japle
January 4, 2012, 08:25 PM
Posters #11 and 12, see:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=632524

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W not answering the phone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!