Another Sub2000 Review

PDA

savage1r
January 3, 2012, 03:54 PM
Just some thoughts and some footage of me and my buddy shooting it last weekend. Let me know what you think!

VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMNZsbHRfkg)

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Sub2000 Review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
marine 97-03
January 3, 2012, 04:01 PM
Solid review ....I never thought of using a 30mm scope mount for a light nice work

savage1r
January 3, 2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks, necessity and poverty are the mothers of invention ;).

ricebasher302
January 3, 2012, 07:51 PM
Pretty sure I could see the bullets in flight at the very end when you zoomed in on the steel. Cool.

Saakee
January 3, 2012, 08:23 PM
What cameras were you using for the shoot?

savage1r
January 3, 2012, 08:29 PM
I used a Sony 550v for the guncam, an iPod touch for the 'hero cam'.

ball3006
January 3, 2012, 10:00 PM
I like that quad mount and grip. I guess I better get a short forestock on order. Mine is in 40 though because I have a Glock 22.....chris3

mgregg85
January 3, 2012, 10:28 PM
I love mine, its a 9mm glock 17 grip. Now I really want a.40 S&W model.

marine 97-03
January 3, 2012, 11:01 PM
I want one..in glk 9...but can't find them

ns66
January 4, 2012, 02:34 AM
thanks for the review, difficult to rack?

Panzercat
January 4, 2012, 08:42 AM
Less talk about AR price comparisons.
Otherwise pretty decent.

DAdams
January 4, 2012, 10:56 AM
You and then the Nut N' Fancy review kind of got me fired up for one. It's been awhile since I looked at them. Imagine my surprise then.....

I looked on line to see what the price and availability was.
A) There are none available, especially in 9mm and Glock Mags, I don't do any of the mag formats, so now I have to support another magazine line-up.
B) They are now $400 (plus mags now its $500) (add rails another $$) which back when they were sub $300 made them an ok item for a fold up. Not so much at today's prices.

I could see one for backpacking in .40, marginal as it will fold, or maybe as a "truck" gun, and some light duty close quarters HD or urban clearing, but otherwise, running around in the desert shooting plates at under 50 yards, what's the big deal, I could do that with a .22LR. I have a high capacity 5 inch 9mm pistol that will shoot that well at the range. Well almost.

Supply and demand, low supply, and high demand = sell for list price. I'm not getting the margin of utility.

What am I missing?

Good review BTW.

DAdams
January 4, 2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks again for your review.

Thanks. My question has been answered. Apparently the supply is low, the demand is high hence the market will support the price. Elasticity, and supply side economics. I want a redistribution of the P2Ks!!

I was looking for one just for the heck of it and my memory served me correctly but the market had passed me by.

I'm funding some other long gun project(s) hence the fully burdened price of one of these exceeds my desire to own one.

I think I will wait until one shows up locally for a FTF transaction where someone needs a quick $250, no shipping, no tax, no transfer, no NICs$ no buying magazines.

I'm just old and cranky.

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Sub2000 Review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!